LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

How many miles are on your LE heads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by DarkHorse
There are those out there/here who will make feeble attempts at turning this into an AI vs LE thread guaranteed.

It has already started with a couple. So, i'll just submit now

Lloyd Elliot sucks ***** and the other guys are better.

Disclaimer - I did not need either Lloyd Elliot or Advanced Induction to make my car fast. I had neither product instead relying on stock untouched heads with 130k miles on them. Just add boost.

I have a buddy with an AI car and my cousin with the LE2 Caprice. So i'm only biased based on performance numbers.
Don't be stupid. You doing this is just like someone pulling out the race card as a cop out. Stop it alraedy.
There hasn't been one post thus far favoring either side. Please refrain from making it that way. It seems you are the only one trying to instigate something.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Don't be stupid. You doing this is just like someone pulling out the race card as a cop out. Stop it alraedy.
There hasn't been one post thus far favoring either side. Please refrain from making it that way. It seems you are the only one trying to instigate something.
You're right - nobody favoring one side or the other. Instead, it's cool to just troll the interweb and find negative feedback about one company. That makes sense to me now.

Amazingly coincidental that the supplier of those links is a major AI boy.

Geez, how things play out, eh?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM

You're right - nobody favoring one side or the other. Instead, it's cool to just troll the interweb and find negative feedback about one company. That makes sense to me now.

Amazingly coincidental that the supplier of those links is a major AI boy.

Geez, how things play out, eh?
I believe people are still alowed to have opinions in this country, correct? Do you think what you're saying is doing any good? I didn't think so. Like I said no one is swinging in any of these posts in this thread so far. If you want to whine about thread content then by all means, go to that impala board and fire away.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:27 PM

I believe people are still alowed to have opinions in this country, correct? Do you think what you're saying is doing any good? I didn't think so. Like I said no one is swinging in any of these posts in this thread so far.
So you don't think that Dwayne could have dug up any number of threads about guys that have no issues with the LE setup?

Instead, he runs out and finds the first threads/posts he can that show "Failure" of an LE setup.

Very informative huh? Just seems kinda weird that the guy also happens to be an AI guy - to me, that's swinging in one direction just a bit.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM

I'm on the Impala board as well, this has been discussed before. I love your constant use of the emoticons - very cool. Perhaps later i'll have one of my daughters come in and custom draw one for my post.

You're taking this off topic by defending an openly blatant, yet weak attempt at slamming one company.

Whine at ya later
Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 PM

to me...
Yes... to you.. and you're so willing to let EVERYONE know how YOU feel about it. That's neat. No one else seems to care except for me, obviously. If you have a problem with how one certain individual "dug up" a thread then take it up with him instead of some useless "the world is coming to an end" blanket statement while trying to desperately instigate ****.
Emoticons? What... I guess you deem it "immature" to use them? They are there for a reason. I like them. I really wish they used this one:

Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 PM

Yes... to you.. and you're so willing to let EVERYONE know how YOU feel about it. That's neat. No one else seems to care except for me, obviously. If you have a problem with how one certain individual "dug up" a thread then take it up with him instead of some useless "the world is coming to an end" blanket statement while trying to desperately instigate ****.
Emoticons? What... I guess you deem it "immature" to use them? They are there for a reason. I like them. I really wish they used this one:

Agreed.

You, your 7000 posts and your emoticons win hands down.

I stand by my original post that as of current - 6k abusive miles on an LE2 setup with no issues.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:43 PM

Agreed.

You, your 7000 posts and your emoticons win hands down.

I stand by my original post that as of current - 6k abusive miles on an LE2 setup with no issues.
Good deal. My 7K post in a span of 9 years, /\/O0b. If you'd like help on the math and make another lame attempt at deflecting you can check out what that averages per day.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:47 PM

4 posts by you in this thread and not a single one has relevance to "How many miles are on your LE heads?"

Not a single one.

Perhaps you have would like to provide some feedback/information to the OP?

Or, perhaps you were PM'd in like the Cavalry coming in to aid?

I know, you just happened upon this thread and decided to post nothing of relevance.

You can reply, if you'd like. I provided information regarding the question and I stand by it. Done with this thread because I would rather not have it closed because of me.

Seriously tho, thanks for the quick spar - it was fun, nothing personal.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
man that really sucks, I figured it was resolved after I never saw the orig thread updated.
Nope. I had 2 seperate places check them out and both of them found the valve job was out of square with the guides which caused them to crack and develope excessive wear from the side loading when they closed. Lloyd blamed it on pushrod length, wrong guideplates, or not enough oil to the guides. He also said the cracked guides were unrelated to the excessive play in the guides.
I had the place that repaired them save my old guides so I'll post up the pictures when I get them back.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:54 PM

4 posts by you in this thread and not a single one has relevance to "How many miles are on your LE heads?"

Not a single one.

Perhaps you have would like to provide some feedback/information to the OP?

Or, perhaps you were PM'd in like the Cavalry coming in to aid?

I know, you just happened upon this thread and decided to post nothing of relevance.

You can reply, if you'd like. I provided information regarding the question and I stand by it. Done with this thread because I would rather not have it closed because of me.

Seriously tho, thanks for the quick spar - it was fun, nothing personal.
I'd like to post that I have installed and ran 3 sets of LE heads on 3 LT1s. I put about 15k miles on the originals... but unfortunately nitrous and stock bottom ends don't like each other, 10k miles or so on the second set and sold the car(car still runs those heads about 20k more miles later), and the set on the car I just sold after crashing it.... All without issue and they made me run nice E.T.s. I'll be the first to say that this has turned into another SS RRR bash's LE thread.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Nope. I had 2 seperate places check them out and both of them found the valve job was out of square with the guides which caused them to crack and develope excessive wear from the side loading when they closed. Lloyd blamed it on pushrod length, wrong guideplates, or not enough oil to the guides. He also said the cracked guides were unrelated to the excessive play in the guides.
I had the place that repaired them save my old guides so I'll post up the pictures when I get them back.
man that **** sucks...I built a motor last year got 20 passes out of it, tore it down for inspection .....alll the brgs looked like crap, rod journals had a taper to them. Cyls were out of round by 3 thou....Its a damn shame what some people let out of the door. Thats where most shops start a big downfall....when quantity surpasses quality
Old 10-02-2007, 08:06 PM

Not a single one.
And you've contributed a snippet just to disclaim yourself from saying the above? Oh there I go again being immature... Yikes.. just can't help it. Geez!!!
This is about the only forum I pay attention to. I also pay attention to the most popular aftermarket suppliers mentioned on this forum. Is that a crime? I have not bought parts from either place which you've mention in an attempt to get **** rolling, So first it was the post count, now it's no contribution... what's your next move of deflection? ugh... I'm like.. soo immature!!!!111

Last edited by SS RRR; 10-02-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 PM

I posted my 'snippet' as you call it, before Mr. Jennings decided to take his shot. Therefore I didn't post it with intentions of being a disclaimer.

However, I will say that since I knew Dwayne was posting over here more often I should have been prepared for his response in any LE thread.

Unless this quote

"I'll be the first to say that this has turned into another SS RRR bash's LE thread."

is sarcasm i'm led to believe that you, like Dwayne, are yet another lifelong LE basher? As you have stated tho - it's a free country thank God - and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just want to make sure I have the correct information.

Oh, gotta go, someone just PM'd me - seems they're in need of my support in another thread. Catch ya later.

Quick Reply: How many miles are on your LE heads?