LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related
View Poll Results: Would you buy a plastic manifold for the LT1?
I would buy one right now. Who do I send the $$ to?
24.69%
I would buy one in the next 6 months.
31.48%
I would buy one at some point but not sure when.
32.72%
It sounds cool but I'm not interested.
11.11%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

How many SERIOUS buyers would there be for a plastic intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:07 PM

Re: How many SERIOUS buyers would there be for a plastic intake manifold?

I'd probably buy one...I think they should make one with the opening to fit the AS&M Monoblade!
Old 02-10-2005, 03:27 PM

At $750 I'd have to be 110% convinced of it's effectiveness.... the price seems high, but having been around since the early TPI days & remembering what I spent to put SuperRams on my cars $750 isn't TOO bad... I'd be more inclined to buy one if it were more like $400..
Old 02-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Originally Posted by eagleknight97
Also, if it could do something like the intake that was made by BRE for Kmook. Kinda off topic, any news on how that things goin? That sounded like a sick intake, but a lil pricey
I had to sell it because of money reasons. (Rick Z-RATED94 bought it) so hopefully he will have it up soon.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
How many people would pay upto the same price as a FAST LSX intake manifold ($750) for a similar manifold that would outflow a ported stock LT1 intake for the LT1 engine? Probably looking at around a 20hp gain or more.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=67
It would be relevant, to determine by "how much" this mystery intake would be expected to outflow a ported oem. $750? Those that detract from the enthusiasm, to make such a product a reality, at that price, should consider the cost of 'one off' or custom intake prices, or consider that $750 price tag (for the LS1) is taking into consideration, the mfr. expects to experience a market as such, that will allow them to sell a 'ton' of them. Now throw into the equation, there would not be nearly the market for the discontinued LTx series of engine Personally, I consider that attitude, a slap in the face, of those that fabricate and sell customs for alot more.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:49 PM

If it was out there for no more than $500 I would defenatly buy one without a second thought.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:46 PM

if it was 500 or less i wouldn't even have to think twice, i'd be all over it . but it doesn't sound like its gonna happen for that price.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Banned

I think it would depend on the advantages.

I think that if you were going to go to the trouble of making an intake manifold at all then you might want to make it modular.

If you could swap out runners, plenums & bases and had multiple mounting location options for your throttle body, then right away you have something worth a lot of money.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:26 AM

I am an lt1 owner who is not on a budget or anything of the sorts I want one off parts and custom pieces that no one else has. or very few for that matter. ie. the c5 brakes, ls1 coil packs and a few other goodies that i made myself. there aren't any pics on my cardomain site of them so sorry if you look. I would be willing to pay whatever i have to for one. i know there is the hogan intake but i do not like the looks or the design of it. if this goes into production or pre-production please send me an email of whoever does this to tranam78@hotmail.com i would love to have the first one and possibly the only one
Old 05-09-2005, 03:40 AM

You can count me in Gripen 100%, have you started the preliminary planning stages to get this project off the ground? You can email directly preferably with the latest info? Thanks

Johnny
Old 05-09-2005, 10:48 AM

Quote from Jon A.
But many already have spent the money elswhere and are at the point each additional HP costs a lot more.
I agree, I am always looking for more ways to make extra power, and I am at the horsepower levels where I am paying alot of money for a little extra horspower.

Last edited by rpm4lalo; 05-09-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:11 AM

I made this thread because someone in the advanced tech forum was looking to make one but didn't know how many people were interested.

Here is the thread: http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...9&page=5&pp=15
Old 05-09-2005, 10:27 PM

As for weight savings...eh, maybe a couple of pounds that your average bolt on Joe LT1 guy would not pay $400+ just for that.

As for a cooler air charge, now that would be interesting because we all know how damn hot our LT1's get...especially in the staging lane...but if your really concerned about that, maybe you need to get a elec wp and a manual fan setup to help out?

$750 for a part that will increase power, for a NA guy like me, that is nothing, but in all honesty, I would consider going to a single plane setup (like mentioned) and deal with those issues..
Old 05-09-2005, 10:35 PM

I agree with others- I most likely would not purchase one for the price. I don't doubt the gains, but I don't believe they justify the price IMO.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:46 AM

$750 could buy a lot of porting or a modified vic jr… and then some, unless it gives significant gains out of the box over either of those choices I’d be surprised if I even gave it a second thought, but if it did I’d probably be interested in the $400-450 range at most.

I’m not sure that I get it, what exactly are some of you thinking that you’ll get out of this that some of you are so excited about it?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:15 AM

Anyone thought about heat soak?

Metal -vs- plastic.

quite different.

-Troy

Quick Reply: How many SERIOUS buyers would there be for a plastic intake manifold?