LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

how to recalculate injector offset after switching to 30lb SVOs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 12:52 AM

how to recalculate injector offset after switching to 30lb SVOs?

i bought a set of ford racing (svo i guess) red top 30 lb for the lt1. i switched the injector flow rate to 31.68 (correct at 43.5psi). now i need to change the injector "offset vs. battery voltage". i am using tunercat as my tuning program. anybody have a link of any calculators for me to figure this out? my readings are in "VDC" and "usec". those are the 2 colums. the VDC colum contains numbers like 0.5, 10.0, etc. The "usec" colums reads large full numbers like 305, 7782,etc. this is different from what i have found before. help!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:29 PM

Re: how to recalculate injector offset after switching to 30lb SVOs?

ttt
Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 PM

Most people just run the stock offsets with success. I run stock offsets with my FMS 42 pounders.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:44 PM

i heard it could make quite a difference with svo's.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Administrator

The PCM has two inputs specific to the injectors. First, you need the flow constant. If you are running the SVO's at stock fuel pressure, they will actually flow 1.054 X the rated flow. So for the 30's, set the flow constant at 31.6

Then there are the "offsets", which are a measure of how the injector speed relates to system voltage and other factors. In general, most people do not alter the offsets. There is no way to "calculate" the offsets.... they are in the form of a table that the manufacturer publishes. If you try a "search" of the 'net, you may be able to find someone that has posted the offset data.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=blackztpi]i bought a set of ford racing (svo i guess) red top 30 lb for the lt1. i switched the injector flow rate to 31.68 (correct at 43.5psi).

check
Old 08-06-2005, 02:04 PM

Use stock offsets. They will work better than the posted ones.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:33 PM

Seeing that I'm known to 'speak my mind', I'll state that for some time, I've failed to see the logic of using a 'clunky' and inferior injector, in lieu of an OEM injector. I guess saving a few bucks, can be overwhelmingly, a priority. Yea, I know they 'work', but so does the flat head ford engine. Just my 3¢ worth.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by arnie
Seeing that I'm known to 'speak my mind', I'll state that for some time, I've failed to see the logic of using a 'clunky' and inferior injector, in lieu of an OEM injector. I guess saving a few bucks, can be overwhelmingly, a priority. Yea, I know they 'work', but so does the flat head ford engine. Just my 3¢ worth.
Arnie, you're always good at writing many colorful words and effectively saying nothing at the same time. Even after editing it 10 times.

What's your point? How are you going to use your OEM injectors on an engine where they can't deliver enough fuel? Or maybe you're reffering to my post?
Old 08-07-2005, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by madwolf
What's your point? How are you going to use your OEM injectors on an engine where they can't deliver enough fuel? Or maybe you're referring to my post?
Not at all, Ion. Don't get paranoid on me. My point? Nothing hiden here. It's about popularity and 'jumping on the bandwagon'. How many think about the quality of the injector they purchase? Is price the overriding factor here? Is there anything wrong with attempting to stimulate the minds of others?

BTW, I CAN be a perfectionist. When appropriate, I edit for accuracy and clarity. I'm confident you understand how some go out of their way, to look for something between the lines.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:21 PM

Arnie, you're always good at writing many colorful words and effectively saying nothing at the same time.
If the shoe fits...

EDIT: "always" doesn't leave room for many exceptions.

Last edited by arnie; 08-07-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by arnie
Not at all, Ion. Don't get paranoid on me. My point? Nothing hiden here. It's about popularity and 'jumping on the bandwagon'. How many think about the quality of the injector they purchase? Is price the overriding factor here? Is there anything wrong with attempting to stimulate the minds of others?

BTW, I CAN be a perfectionist. When appropriate, I edit for accuracy and clarity. I'm confident you understand how some go out of their way, to look for something between the lines.
Arnie, I'm glad to see you didn't take my blatant sarcasm personally. I meant no offense, just a bit of joking.

Either way, from my personal experience, I would much rather take an SVO injector over any other brands that is currently offered to us. I have to admit, I don't have any first hand experience with Racetronix injectors, but I've had VERY, VERY good luck with the SVOs. In fact, I have a set of 36#s on my car right now. What is your experience with them like?
Old 08-07-2005, 05:37 PM

What is your experience with them like?
My comments were from an engineering standpoint. I try to make decisions based on as many factors as practical. Based on that, I go with something other than SVOs, so no personal experience on those. They obviously work, and satisfactorily. No disagreement there. Sometimes I tend to get a bit philosophical.

Another edit above.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:03 AM

i've heard nothing but good on svo's. price is good, and they have a great rep on the streets. i'd never pay 400-700 for injectors on a street car. so that leaves me with racetronix, svo's, accells, and some other off the wall injectors. i haven't heard enough about racetronix injectors to buy them, and accells are junk.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by blackztpi
i've heard nothing but good on svo's. price is good, and they have a great rep on the streets. i'd never pay 400-700 for injectors on a street car. so that leaves me with racetronix, svo's, accells, and some other off the wall injectors. i haven't heard enough about racetronix injectors to buy them, and accells are junk.
Racetronix injectors? We do not make injectors.
We distribute Delphi and Siemens injectors.
Your car comes with Delphi injectors from the factory.

Quick Reply: how to recalculate injector offset after switching to 30lb SVOs?