LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

I can tell you how to improve PERFORMANCE and GAS mileage IN HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 10:43 AM

I have 100K miles on my original MAP sensor. Still works fine.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:44 AM

I believe he meant it was a total of $43 after shipping was tacked on to the price. $35 sensor....$8 shipping. I threw in a map sensor last week, bought it for $25 from jason cromer. that place is great. What really helped my gas mileage was cleaning my MAF. Actually Im going to change it out for a spare one i have, when I opened my original, it had a bit of corossion along the inside edge, like it got wet or something...
Just out of curiosity, how high do you let your engine rev when you're driving, I usually try to keep it under 3K. usually cruises about 1500-2000 rpm around town.
And is there any scan tools for a laptop that I can hook at OBDII computer too and get the info.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:53 AM

hmm, what is the world coming to
Old 06-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally posted by KCFormula
What should the map sensor read on a scan tool?
Old 06-25-2003, 11:33 PM

ok if you GET BAD GAS MILEAGE or have reving problems like its not smooth then u need one don't listen to people here that say you don't or to hook it up to a scammaster that u most likey don't have and would cost hundreds to buy. It's a cheap part and can't hurt, easy to install your self and im telling you to do it if you want to their is nothing thats going to tell you that its bad , yours can be fine but i replaced mine and the car revs, faster, smoother, and i picked up 4 miles to the gallon I SAY DO IT, IT CAN"T HURT and its cheap and ya see the results honestly i don't care if no one on this board listens to me or gets it or not i did it and love the fact that i did and im being nice and telling you about it and for the guy that says throttle body cleaner willn't make it go bad you ssssooooososososososososo wrong every time i used it i got worse gas mileage cause i hurt the senser cause i didn't disconnect it. if you do disconnect it then it willn't hurt the senser and if yours is fine thats gr8 i don't care im just telling yous what happened to me and what i learn and was TOLD BY THE DEALER
SO GO OUT AND GET ONE
also that have better one i hear that u can get from a speed shop that make the car run better
Old 06-26-2003, 01:58 AM

Funny thing about the claim that it absolutely will be damaged by engine cleaner, as I have used engine cleaner (Seafoam) on mine, without disconnecting anything. As my car is a 93 and Speed Density, the MAP sensor is all it has to go on, thus I would have thought that the car would go into limp mode if it were bad. Just my humble understanding of SD though, I suppose I could be wrong.

On a side note, this post really made me feel my age as well. I mean, does anyone else here remember being taught punctuation in school, or am I so old that the English language has been replaced by a form where there truly are about 300 words in a sentence. Oh, and not to nitpick, but I seem to remember the proper contraction as being won't, not willn't. Sorry man, but I think a decent number of people here will agree that grammar is a whole hell of alot simpler than LT1 engine diagnostics.

And with that, I will sit back and hope to god that this outfit really is flame-proof...
Old 06-26-2003, 03:16 AM

LOL Gelbza, i was thinking the exact same thing. Seriously though DMX4ever3, i appreciate your advice and all but when making a post, don't use all caps,(which you did not do on the last post)so it is easier on our eyes. But also use a few periods so it is easier on the brain.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:27 AM

Originally posted by Dmx4ever3
ok if you GET BAD GAS MILEAGE or have reving problems like its not smooth then u need one don't listen to people here that say you don't or to hook it up to a scammaster that u most likey don't have and would cost hundreds to buy. It's a cheap part and can't hurt, easy to install your self and im telling you to do it if you want to their is nothing thats going to tell you that its bad , yours can be fine but i replaced mine and the car revs, faster, smoother, and i picked up 4 miles to the gallon I SAY DO IT, IT CAN"T HURT and its cheap and ya see the results honestly i don't care if no one on this board listens to me or gets it or not i did it and love the fact that i did and im being nice and telling you about it and for the guy that says throttle body cleaner willn't make it go bad you ssssooooososososososososo wrong every time i used it i got worse gas mileage cause i hurt the senser cause i didn't disconnect it. if you do disconnect it then it willn't hurt the senser and if yours is fine thats gr8 i don't care im just telling yous what happened to me and what i learn and was TOLD BY THE DEALER
SO GO OUT AND GET ONE
also that have better one i hear that u can get from a speed shop that make the car run better
HA HA....he said "willn't"
Old 06-26-2003, 07:10 AM

ok if you GET BAD GAS MILEAGE or have reving problems like its not... words... words... words....

You posted your opinion and experience, which is exactly what this board is for, however keep in mind that this is a public forum, others can express their opinions as well, even if they don't agree with you..

Glad to see the new MAP sensor fixed your problems, however I'm still of the opinion that the problem should be diagnosed and verified before replacing parts on the off chance that they are faulty. I'd rather not spend $35 if I didn't have to.

For example, I had a bad egr valve and replaced it a few weeks ago; I verified it was bad by removing it and actually testing it first (the plunger was stuck plus there was a vacuum leak).

This board is a wealth of information. Sometimes you have to sort through a lot of egos but it's worth it in the long run.

P.S. Thanks for typing in lower case on your follow up message! I would suggest however that you copy/paste your messages into word processor (Word for example) and check your spelling and grammar. Not flaming you, just pointing that there is no better time than the present to improve your communication skills.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:26 AM

We have had many threads on getting better gas milage. He is what has been agreed on that helps gas milage:
http://www.stevenetworks.com/f-body/mpg.php
Old 06-26-2003, 08:13 AM

SO GO OUT AND GET ONE
I SWEAR I am never reading one of these incoherent posts again! (couldn't even read all the way through this one)

How in the world do you expect anyone to take you seriously with jibberish like that?

The point is, it is foolish to throw parts at your car without diagnosis. There are no blanket fixes for everyone's problems. If you can't afford $150 or less for a scanner or some diagnostic software (if you have a computer you can use), how can you afford to repeatedly waste money on parts that are not needed? The scanner pays for itself in a short time if you do your own work. IMO, it is a necessary tool for modern cars.

Sharing your experience was a good idea and I'm glad it had good results for you. The problem is the way you chose to share opened you up to ridicule.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:17 AM

i think this post made my iq drop
Old 06-26-2003, 08:50 AM

The name explains it all!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by shoebox
I SWEAR I am never reading one of these incoherent posts again! (couldn't even read all the way through this one)

How in the world do you expect anyone to take you seriously with jibberish like that?
This is my favorite:

NE philadelphia pa, FOX CHASE:A FRIEND WITH WEED, IS A FRIEND INDEED:~ ThE LittlE LePreChauN ToLd Me tO BuRn tHiNgS!!!! `leave me alone ~
Oh yeah, I'm gonna follow this guys LT1 technical advise!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:27 AM

Originally posted by GREGG 97Z
Oh yeah, I'm gonna follow this guys LT1 technical advise!

Quick Reply: I can tell you how to improve PERFORMANCE and GAS mileage IN HERE