LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

I feel like TP..my car craps on me so much!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 07:01 PM

Question I feel like TP..my car craps on me so much!

Okay, I just went through three months of figuring out why my car was hesitating. Long story short, my Opti went. Changed that. Changed the WapterPump same time. Catalytic Converter just came off (welds broke..not scrapes or anything from a speed bump )...and I got the Cat fixed two weeks ago. Car is still hesitating. I tear out the plugs and wires finally..and find the culprit..since the Cat was off, exhaust residue caked the #8 plug (passenger rear) and the insides of the wire.
I cleaned all the plugs and wires and they looked fine. My car hasnt run normal for over 4 months now. After this..the car ran nearly perfect!! I was so thrilled and couldnt wait to go cruising for the weekend. Now..after about a few hours of driving it great..it started hesitating all over again around 2500RPMs.. I took all of the plugs out yesterday and set the gaps @ .50. Thought maybe they were off since some of them were closer to .40..so I hoped this would help it but it didnt. Now I have a stutter again and a huge power loss (took gf to work today, had a hesitation when passing a semi..car went like crap then pow! power was restored..but then stuttered again).
Is it possible the Gap could make the car run crappy if its too much? Its slightly possible I got coolant in the newer Opti when I replaced my Waterpump...but it ran fine after cleaning/replacing the plugs. That would have to be COMPLETELY coincidental if its the Opti Whatchya think guys? Thanks,
Derek
Old 08-29-2004, 08:18 PM

Re: I feel like TP..my car craps on me so much!

Not that this is your problem but let me get this straight, you went through the trouble of pulling your plugs and all you did was clean them and put them back in? If it was me I'd at least put some new plugs in and a new set of wires.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:37 PM

yes actually..you've got it completely right..
I just got laid off from my job of over a year..I have to pay over $1,000 in bills including rent..and other stuff..in less than one week. My camaro is my second vehicle..my pathfinder is sold to someone in less than a week in order to pay bills until i get a new job..that will only cover this month..if he pulls through..I dont have any money. I just paid 860 for last months rent cause i was late and caught up on all my bills for over 500 extra dollars...now if you have extra money laying around..send it my way I dont think brand new plugs and wires are gonna fix the problem..it may only help some. Besides, my engine is a rebuild (upgraded cam, pistons, rod, etc) with only 3k on the new motor. The guy put brand new plugs in it..so they are only 3k old. My wires are not new though..probobly could use a changing. I dont have $50 for some good replacements..and if I am gonna do it..Im gonna do it right the first time.
I have $35 to my name..my savings..depleted, my checking, 35, I have two kittens, rent, utilities, a gf that I support (she helps when she can)..and some other bills. I dont have the money to replace them..so in short LOL...this is why I am not buying new ones and replacing them.
-EDIT-
By the way, I can literally change my spark plugs in less than 30 minutes. So that is not time consuming..if anything I have fun playing around in my engine bay..

Last edited by 1Qwik94Z; 08-29-2004 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:51 PM

it may not help u none but my car has been studdering for the last 2 weeks or so and never could figure out the problem. ended up replacing the fuel filter today and its running great. may not be ur problem but im getting 2nd gear scratches again out of a stock 95 lt1 a4. i mean its $15 but may just be ur lil prob. just my minimal amount of knowledge.