LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

i finally made it to the 4 foruth gen

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 01:34 AM

i finally made it to the 4 foruth gen

man i finally made it to the lt1 generation of maro's and trans ams i got a question i bought my car from a local dealer it's a 96 trans am six speed with t-tops with leather interior with crager ss rims 17inch. tinted windows before i got it off the lot the check engine light is on and they pulled the code it's a bad o2 sensor and also no fire in the number seven cylinder what the heck is this what i should expect from this new of a car anything else i should check while there paying for it. i have to admit even on the test drive i did not feel any lost of power with a bad o2 and the number seven cylinder not firing.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:37 AM

Re: i finally made it to the 4 foruth gen

oh car has 100 thousand miles no mods on it yet there still at the house and yes i can break traction in third gear. i love sticks they are just the way to go
Old 01-18-2005, 01:38 AM

well i hope you haven't bought it yet but

replace o2 sensor and im guessing sparkplug change? tell them that if they do it you'll buy it...because spark plugs on an LT1 = SUCK
Old 01-18-2005, 02:34 AM

yes it was on my way out the lot and i payed cash to so as you can imagine i was pisst off i payed 7300 cash and it already is having problems they agreed to replace the plug and the o2 sensor which i was going to put a stop payment if they did not agree to do but what else should i have them look for while there paying for it.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:07 AM

well if they fix the problem there's not much else you can ask them to do

i'd do a fresh oil change with maybe Mobil1 5w30...check brake pad wear/replace if needed with some raybestos ceramics...skip shift eliminator...check the air filter and throw in a K&N if needs replacing

basic tuneup crap...just to get the car off on a good start
Old 01-18-2005, 09:14 AM

The misfire could be because of the O2. I would sugest changing all plugs instead of just one, and both O2s. Let the dealership change the one then go ahead and change the other when you get home. good O2s on the OBD2 are a must.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:11 PM

well they just called and told me they had to replace the o2 sensor, the number 7 spark plug and the air filter which said it was not flowing enough air. he said the check engine light is off now thank god now i can go get side ways out of the lot thanks a lot
Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 PM

well not even a day later or even 10 dollars worth of fuel burning the dang thing set the service engine soon light.

well i guess i payed all this money so i could have the same problem my iroc has every once and awhile i thought if i went new and off the lot everything would be ok i was wrong.

no wait i dropped 7000 so i would have no more problems

anyways the guys at the dealership lied to me they told me that the car would be ok after the o2 sensor was changed and that's not the case the two cats that are on the car are bad and hurting horsepower and also setting codes of to make the service engine light come on and stay on.

also when i go to start the car if i do not hold the gas the car will die unless i make a second effort at starting the car and then it stumbles to idel what the heck. any help would be great.

when im acutually get rolling the car runs like a champ it's just start up and when the cats get hot
Old 01-19-2005, 08:33 PM

forgive the spelling and errors just pisssst offfff
Old 01-19-2005, 08:38 PM

I think the dealer should be having some probelms by now...not you

I hope you get it straight ...7 grand is too much to have paid and have these problems.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by BadCo.
I think the dealer should be having some probelms by now...not you

I hope you get it straight ...7 grand is too much to have paid and have these problems.
7g's is to much for an lt1 car imo....

got mine with 74k on it for 5500...but the water pump and opti was messed up..
Old 01-19-2005, 09:07 PM

Andrew , I know wut you mean, however ...there are Lt1's worth that or more...mine for instance

I wasn't however trying to say his wasnt worth the 7 G he spent..I was saying he spent too much to be having these problems (from the dealer)

they need to fix your car...simple
Old 01-20-2005, 04:47 PM

i mean other than this problem the car is off the hook has every option i could want well the dealer said he would replcace both cats and even add a flowmaster system to replace the factory one which is full of catalitic parts man i want my car it was running fine just the check engine light scared me he said the cat was blocked so can you imagine the power if there clean i must have gain something now that it can flow he said i would get it back saturday.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:01 PM

The price of a 94 is alot different than the price of a 96 also.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:47 PM

well im finished, i dont have my car and now i have to talk to bar and have them deal with it. i just want my car, is that asking to much anybody selling there cats maybe i will just eat up the cost so i can get my car back i don't know bar said just be cool and they will go and handle the situation but tey said it would be 10 days before they could get into it that sucks

Quick Reply: i finally made it to the 4 foruth gen