LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Inciting a Riot: Who has the BEST LT1 Long Tubes???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:45 AM

Re: Inciting a Riot: Who has the BEST LT1 Long Tubes???

i believe its the 3 bolt style allthough i still need to get the y pipe
Old 01-18-2005, 07:53 AM

I like my Jet-Hot's.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Texas Moderator (1998-2009)

Verdict is in.. Now that I can hear over the open headers........ They leak like a siv @ the main flange. Where they attach to the heads.. Bum deal . I'll get it figued out though.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:01 PM

<----kooks stainless stainless headers here!!!! and love them!!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:44 AM

I have never understood why, when a question is asked about what is the best product in any given area, everyone just loves to say "it's what I have". Here is a idea, just because you own it doesn't make it "the best". I would love to say that what I have is the best, but I know it's not. Most of the time what I own is what I could afford at the time, the best was not a option until I had more money. That being said.............. Everybody on this board knows that KooK's headers are the best longtubes for a LT1, period...END OF STORY!! If you don't admit that to other people, atleast admit that to yourself.

Sure, hooker and jet-hot's are nice for the amount money spent. But nothing that is available for a LT1 that is even in same league as Kook's right now. I have bought three sets of headers to date, with the stainless steel stepped KooK's being the the last set I purchased, trust me they are the best!

SAVE THE MONEY. SPEND IT ONCE AND SPEND IT RIGHT. YOU WILL SAVE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN!!!!

Pot has been stirred!

Last edited by Houdini; 01-20-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:03 AM
Advanced Member

Why are Kooks the best though... I'm not familiar with them... but I'm very interested in them... they are helluva chash though... they better add 90hp...

Old 01-20-2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Houdini
That being said.............. Everybody on this board knows that KooK's headers are the best longtubes for a LT1, period...END OF STORY!! If you don't admit that to other people, atleast admit that to yourself.
KooK's are not the best they only use a spike coll. there's more hp to be had w/ custom length merge's. Custom will always be better b/c it will compliment the engines rpm range and increase VE. PERIOD!
-b

p.s. but for most of us bang for the bucker's it's not worth the cost.

Last edited by bdc95ta; 01-20-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by bdc95ta
KooK's are not the best they only use a spike coll. there's more hp to be had w/ custom length merge's. Custom will always be better b/c it will complemt the engines rpm range and increase VE. PERIOD!
-b

Correct. The 'best' header is a relative term based on economy, particular fitment, use of the car, etc. None of our cars are exactly the same, and some headers respond well to particular mods and some don't. Some fit particular year cars better than others, and even that varies within the model years a bit in some cases. Some cars push crazy power through <insert name brand here> and other's cars are complete turds with <insert same name brand here>.

To say that one particular mfr header is superior to all others without regard to application is silly.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:35 AM

If you're willing to spend $2,000 on a set of custom headers then I envy you. Even $868 is a steep price for headers...sure Kook's could have used a high velocity merge collector but IMO wouldn't be worth the price difference. Originally I was gonna buy some Hooker LT's...but I decided to buy the best available so instead I got some Kook's. Their quality cannot be beat and I love the gold color of the stainless steel once they're broken in
Old 01-20-2005, 11:56 AM

I'd say Kooks or Pacesetters..... The only problem I have with the pacesetters is that the primary tubes are slightly smaller the the exhaust ports on our heads so there is a slight restriction there but otherwise I love em especially for the price. Kooks are really nice aswell though.

P.S. FLP's hard as hell to chnge those plugs. Worse than stock manifolds by far!!!

Mikey
Old 01-20-2005, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by bdc95ta
KooK's are not the best they only use a spike coll. there's more hp to be had w/ custom length merge's. Custom will always be better b/c it will compliment the engines rpm range and increase VE. PERIOD!
-b

I'm not unfamiliar with headers, but I don't know the difference between a spike collector and a custom length collector... Can someone elaborate???

And in regard to Kook's... I agree with what someone above said... What exactly is it that makes them the best? For $1200 it better be more than name recognition. I want quality, fit, function, lifespan, etc., and don't care whose name is stamped into it.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:55 PM

Kooks are 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 stainless steal, with absolutely the best plug access and ground clearance. not to mention they will make 15-20 more hp than a regular 1 3/4...dyno results comming soon...These headers were really easy to install, no lifitng of motor mounts or anything. And a set of these will last you forever...
Old 01-20-2005, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Deenasty
Kooks are 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 stainless steal, with absolutely the best plug access and ground clearance. not to mention they will make 15-20 more hp than a regular 1 3/4...dyno results comming soon...These headers were really easy to install, no lifitng of motor mounts or anything. And a set of these will last you forever...
Now THAT's what I need! I don't mind spending the extra cash when it gets results... Now, to calculate that tax return...
Old 01-20-2005, 08:00 PM

i would love to getheaders with catts , 1200 is so much money for headers , i was origionally gonna get jethots, but obviously theres quite an arguement on kooks being the best,
email me the dyno results when u get them , are they from a modded car or a mild modded mostly stock car,
my real concern is the power and quality of these headers on a mildly modified car, say just a mild cam settup

ok heres a poll,
Kooks Or Jethots ??
PROS and CONS???
Quality Gains etc
are kooks worth it ?
Any Tech articles on each ?

if anybody can prove to me that Kook is the superior header i will buy them, i need catts but would be cheaper to make a modified catted Y ?

Last edited by CamaroSS30thAnn; 01-20-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Deenasty
not to mention they will make 15-20 more hp than a regular 1 3/4...dyno results comming soon...
Do you know this for a fact?

Quick Reply: Inciting a Riot: Who has the BEST LT1 Long Tubes???