LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Inline PCV Filter Installed (results)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 PM

Inline PCV Oil Catch Can Installed (results)

Well I have seen the LS1 guys doing this for a while and I have been wanting to try it to see if it was worth anything on our cars. I basically did exactly what they do, I bought an inline filter that seperates moisture from the lines on air compressors ( the ones with the clear bowl). Then I removed the filter inside of it like some of the LS1 guys recommended and then pulled off the hose and hardline that go from the intake manifold under the TB to the PCV Valve and used a 3/8 fuel line to go from the nipple on the intake to the PCV Valve and installed the filter inline and attached the filter to some of the brake lines coming from the ABS with zip ties. The install was basically the same and on the LS1's and if anyone wants I can explain it more, just wanted to give a quick right up.

Anyway I drove my car around about 600 miles before I checked it again and much to my surprise there was about 1/2 ounce of oil in it that would have ended up in my intake. I really wasn't expecting anything out of it I just did it to see if it would do anything for my car since I never saw any guys on here doing it. I also had noticed that everytime I changed my PCV valve that there would be some oil inside of it so that also made me wonder if there was anything to be gained from this setup. I have tried an emissions filter in the line going from the valve cover to the TB and that trapped some oil, but I really didn't think that was were my problem was, so I tried this. I have thought about filters in the valve covers but after reading most of injuneer's posts I wanted to keep the function of my PCV system the same for the time being. Well I am going to stop this one here I just wanted to let you guys know that it actually stopped quite a bit of oil from going into my intake, sorry the post was so long.

Last edited by darkangel95; 09-26-2005 at 10:47 PM.