LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

the install of my cc306 was more than careless it was horrible!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 05:25 PM

the install of my cc306 was more than careless it was horrible!!!

well at least it runs i knew the guy i let do it a little he works for comp cams he installed my csi and did a good job i guess on this install he didnt take his time.im leaking from a few spots on the timing cover so today i go to look under it and see that there is a broken sensor held together by electrical tape,its close to the timing cover,the wires are routed so close to the belt they are being eaten and who knows what else. thats just things i could see.but it runs strong so im going to get my regular mechanic to fix it ,thats what i should have done in the first place. also he said he tightend the rockers one half turn past 0 lash is that to tight would i be able to tell?if to tight then i need to get them readjusted at the same time i take it in.one more thing some one told me i had a loose rocker on one side already cause its making a ticking noise i can hear it to only on one side though what do u think thanks mann im pissed sorry if this is hard to understand its been a long day.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:44 PM

Re: the install of my cc306 was more than careless it was horrible!!!

Not all aplitcations are the same but for the most part, I think most people have good luck at 1/2 turn past 0 lash. This is what mine are adjusted to. If they were to tight, you would notice a loss in power up top and also the car would not want to rev very easily, especially into the upper rpms.

Aaron
Old 12-23-2004, 06:34 PM

That plug going into the timing cover at the bottom is your crank position sensor. Get ready for problems if that isn't working.

-Shannon
Old 12-23-2004, 06:56 PM

i dont think its the crank positioning sensor cause that sensor is actually lower i think its on the lower part of the water pump housing its broke but still might work it looks threaded so i guess it can be replaced pretty easy if not to expensive.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:36 PM
RMC

Originally Posted by red96z
i dont think its the crank positioning sensor cause that sensor is actually lower i think its on the lower part of the water pump housing its broke but still might work it looks threaded so i guess it can be replaced pretty easy if not to expensive.
If it's on the waterpump it's the temp sensor and they are only like $10 at the parts store.

Also, the rockers do sometimes loosen up. I am very meticulous and I still had one back out and start ticking for no good reason. I just adjusted it back tight and it never had problems again.

Little stuff ocasionally happens no matter how carefull but he should have at least told you if he busted a sensor. That's kinda crappy.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:23 PM

if thats a coolant sensor do i even need it cause i have a water temp guage on the pillar and the sensor im using is on the driverside head ??also he doesnt want to replace my wires were they were eaten from the belt cause of the way they were routed.everyone says man take it back to him and let him fix it but its almost worth the money to get fixed by my mechanic i always use well almost cause i just cant trust his work. i feel like if i did take it back to him he would short cut the fix. my mechanic would also be able to tell me if there is any problems with the install once he gets into it and starts pulling parts.i hope nothing major but if there was something really bad it wouldnt run as good as it does cause to be honest its running great.so i guess that really means no internal cam problems.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:13 PM

One of my customers cars kept missing and running like crap. Replaced that sensor and took care of the problem. The ECM needs reference from that sensor to adjust other parameters that utilize the coolant system temperature.

-Shannon.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:41 PM

You need the temp sensor in the water pump more than you need the one in the head.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:08 PM

Ya the one in the pump is very important, one in the head is useless unless you just like your gauges.

CPS sensor is also pretty useless unless you are e checking/diagnosing misfires
Old 12-24-2004, 03:25 PM

so replacement is pretty evident if i cant fix.u know about how much it is to replace or have part number.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:45 PM

Auto parts store should carry it I believe.