LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Its So Frustrating I Dont Kno Whats Wrong..

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 AM

ok well my mistake.. i mean im trying to figure out why i have such a power loss......... i dont know where its from rear or front.. all i know that its not running right which is why i posted it so you guys can help me i already told you guys everything that i feel is wrong with the car im sure you get worse dummies in here than me..and also i didnt mean that the TCS turns one wheel and both wheels on... i guess you miss understood me.. i just meant by that is that maybe the TCS is on and its not getting the full power to the wheels..... obviously people know more about my car than me... i said everything that i know is wrong with the car and you guys are still telling me to decide what it is.. i thought thats why people post things on here to get help maybe you guys can put all that together and maybe give me something that could be wrong.. out of all this all i got was to check the volts i already did that and posted it all the volts to the sensors are fine.. the only thing that makes lil sense since the car was recently built the rockers might be lil loose or something and im not getting all of my cam i could be totally wrong but thats why im saying all this.. to get answers i really cant say that one thing is wrong with the car cause i really dont know what it is.. i mean go back and read my other two post i posted everything i know thats wrong with the car in the front...

Last edited by Blacklt1ta1; 09-12-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:22 AM

If the valve lash is too tight, rather than loose, you would certainly be down on power.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Blacklt1ta1
ok well my mistake.. i mean im trying to figure out why i have such a power loss......... i dont know where its from rear or front.. all i know that its not running right which is why i posted it so you guys can help me i already told you guys everything that i feel is wrong with the car im sure you get worse dummies in here than me..and also i didnt mean that the TCS turns one wheel and both wheels on... i guess you miss understood me.. i just meant by that is that maybe the TCS is on and its not getting the full power to the wheels..... obviously people know more about my car than me... i said everything that i know is wrong with the car and you guys are still telling me to decide what it is.. i thought thats why people post things on here to get help maybe you guys can put all that together and maybe give me something that could be wrong.. out of all this all i got was to check the volts i already did that and posted it all the volts to the sensors are fine.. the only thing that makes lil sense since the car was recently built the rockers might be lil loose or something and im not getting all of my cam i could be totally wrong but thats why im saying all this.. to get answers i really cant say that one thing is wrong with the car cause i really dont know what it is.. i mean go back and read my other two post i posted everything i know thats wrong with the car in the front...
then check the lash on the valves,there are some extemely smart people on here but no one can give you a magic fix to your problems.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:26 PM

im not sure how to do that.. i have an idea but i dont want to try it if ive never done it..
Old 09-12-2008, 06:23 PM

black not being rude but it sounds like you should have a mechanic look at your car. Sounds like you are in over your head. I know they dont come cheap but in the long run you could of saved some money. Im not ashamed to admit when i built my motor i had a good friend who builds race motors adjust my valves for me. Atleast i know they were done right.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Trying to help, but it appears all I'm doing is upsetting you.... so I'll back off and leave you alone.

Sorry.... didn't mean to irritate you.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:15 AM

lol no no one is irratating me please help me.. im sorry if it seems that way just this car use to be running really good and its not anymore i know enough about cars just im not sure why or what its doing to cause this my machanic that built my motor is very good but we dont talk anymore so im kinda on my own about everything now.. the car is up for sale anyways i just dont want to deal with it anymore and i would take it to a machanic but i cant trust anyone here.. i live in abilene and there are no machanics here that i can trust with my car..
Old 09-13-2008, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Blacklt1ta1
im not sure how to do that.. i have an idea but i dont want to try it if ive never done it..
Shoebox has some great tutorials on his website, valve lash setup being one of them. Might be worth it to check it out: www.shbox.com