LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 10:00 AM

Exclamation JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Hooker headers purchased straight from Jet Hot. - Ok the product is great. The headers look great. They look so good that they are sitting in my spare bedroom. Or perhaps they are sitting in the bedroom and not on my car because I wasn't sent the flange adapter that is needed

I've emailed Chris and was told that he would mail me the flange. That was two+ weeks ago

I've emailed Hooker and was told the same crap that they would send me the flange. That was two+ weeks ago.

I really wanted to have the headers installed before the Rod Run.

A member offered to send me one of his extra flanges but never got back with me. The local muffler shop can only get them 10 at a time and I don't need 10 flanges...!!! I guess I'll try NAPA.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:45 AM

Did you pay by credit card? If so, dispute the payment. I bought my headers from Chris at Jet Hot but I received everything. There has to be an explanation for you not receiving the flange. Also, you should be able to pick this flange up just about anywhere. Try your local muffler shop, usually around $2-$5 for the flanges.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:41 PM

Re: JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Originally posted by ryker77
Hooker headers purchased straight from Jet Hot. - Ok the product is great. The headers look great. They look so good that they are sitting in my spare bedroom. Or perhaps they are sitting in the bedroom and not on my car because I wasn't sent the flange adapter that is needed

I've emailed Chris and was told that he would mail me the flange. That was two+ weeks ago

I've emailed Hooker and was told the same crap that they would send me the flange. That was two+ weeks ago.

I really wanted to have the headers installed before the Rod Run.

A member offered to send me one of his extra flanges but never got back with me. The local muffler shop can only get them 10 at a time and I don't need 10 flanges...!!! I guess I'll try NAPA.

Please call me, I can't pull up your infomation to know who you are. If you didn't get the parts needed, let me know. I don't know why you haven't gotten the parts you requested. I'll track it and find out. I'll be more than happy to get the parts needed to you asap. Please call (or email if needed).

Thanks
Chris
1-800-432-3379 ext 110
chris@jet-hot.com
Old 04-05-2003, 04:49 PM

Thanks for the help Chris.

I hope no one thinks anything bad about JetHot because the headers do look great and I would purchase them again.

I've resent the email that you sent me on March 19th.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:14 PM

Originally posted by ryker77
Thanks for the help Chris.

I hope no one thinks anything bad about JetHot because the headers do look great and I would purchase them again.

I've resent the email that you sent me on March 19th.
you wont be saying that in a few months when your coating is falling off
Old 04-17-2003, 09:10 PM

I've not yet received my missing parts...

I sent an email to JetHot a few days ago and to reply.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:39 PM

I know how ya feel, first my coating starts coming off my Hooker Lt's(4 months) take them off, send them back to Jet-Hot for warranty.
So I order the Jet-Hot Lt's get only six header bolts thrown in the bottom of the box. I call and talk to Chris. He says he'll have the bolts sent next day. I get them the next day, but what I get is a box full of odd and end bolts, like 20 not a one is a header bolt...........I call back talk to him again he's says he'll have them sent again next day........never recieved them, I just gave up.......I just went and bought some because I was putting the headers on the day they were supposed to be there.

Anyway this is not directed at Chris or any of the other persons I have talked to they have all been very helpful. I believe they just have poor quality control which is just costing them more money, and in the long run us(the customer) more money.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:06 PM

Thumbs up

Paul Barry Motorsports. The best ceramic finish and the best customer service in the business:

http://www.pbmotorsports.com/

-Chris
Old 04-18-2003, 12:40 AM

Re: Re: JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Originally posted by JetHot Coating
Please call me, I can't pull up your infomation to know who you are. If you didn't get the parts needed, let me know. I don't know why you haven't gotten the parts you requested. I'll track it and find out. I'll be more than happy to get the parts needed to you asap. Please call (or email if needed).

Thanks
Chris
1-800-432-3379 ext 110
chris@jet-hot.com
Chris,

This is really impressive to see you on the board. I just posted a JetHot vs Hooker post a day ago with a slew of compliments about JETHOTs header. I've talked with you about 3 different occasions on the phone and also with Matt (think that's his name). I'll be ordering mine soon enough.

I do need some specs/part number etc for the flanges that I will need for my custom ypipe, the muffler shop has to order them in advance.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2003, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Originally posted by Brettinator
Chris,

This is really impressive to see you on the board. I just posted a JetHot vs Hooker post a day ago with a slew of compliments about JETHOTs header. I've talked with you about 3 different occasions on the phone and also with Matt (think that's his name). I'll be ordering mine soon enough.

Just curious.... why would you be ordering from a company that has been "stiffing" a fellow F-Body member for more than a month? And he doesn't seem the only one.

this post is a "personal" opinion, and does not reflect the views of the board owners or the moderators
Old 04-18-2003, 08:03 AM

Originally posted by Chrisbequick
Paul Barry Motorsports. The best ceramic finish and the best customer service in the business:

http://www.pbmotorsports.com/

-Chris
I'll admit, Very nice ceramic finish, quality job and they were a pleasure to do business with. However corrosion resistance on my headers at least was in short, terrible.

Started rusting in about a year, now, 3 years later they look terrible. The coating is literally peeling off of the headers in areas and is completely gone from all the collector flanges.

Yes I did drive the car through the winter, but they shouldn't have rusted as fast as they did.
Also I have never put in a complaint, nor intend too. At the time, the car was my daily driver and I coouldn't afford having it off the road for a week while they were recoated. I just chalked it up to one of life's lessons.

If anyone is planning on getting their's coated, I'd suggest JETHOT, They are going to be recoating mine in a month or two.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by mobleman
I'll admit, Very nice ceramic finish, quality job and they were a pleasure to do business with. However corrosion resistance on my headers at least was in short, terrible.

Started rusting in about a year, now, 3 years later they look terrible. The coating is literally peeling off of the headers in areas and is completely gone from all the collector flanges.

Yes I did drive the car through the winter, but they shouldn't have rusted as fast as they did.
Also I have never put in a complaint, nor intend too. At the time, the car was my daily driver and I coouldn't afford having it off the road for a week while they were recoated. I just chalked it up to one of life's lessons.

If anyone is planning on getting their's coated, I'd suggest JETHOT, They are going to be recoating mine in a month or two.
I don't know what to tell you. I've had mine on for 3 years through 3 midwest winters and they're only now starting to corrode a little (minimal surface rust). I just took some 00 steel wool to them and they shine like new again. Call Paul. I bet he'll be willing to help you out.

-Chris
Old 04-18-2003, 10:07 AM

I've thought about it, I do know that the warranty was for 3 years, but Im over that now so I wasn't sure if it would be worth it.. Maybe I'll call just to give it a try...
Old 04-18-2003, 10:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Originally posted by Injuneer
Just curious.... why would you be ordering from a company that has been "stiffing" a fellow F-Body member for more than a month? And he doesn't seem the only one.

this post is a "personal" opinion, and does not reflect the views of the board owners or the moderators
...wait? what are you rambling on about? I have not even been here a month. I just this morning found the following post from Shelby on the front page of LT1 tech, I dont' scroll back months and months reading posts. I even posted a tech question "Jethot vs Hooker" to get feedback, so anyone with problems from anytime back could have chimed in. Irregardless I think you are way out of line in your statement and I realize you don't know all the facts so it's no big deal to me. In fact I emailed this post from Shelby and another guy on Shelby's post directly to Chris at JetHot because I don't want to waste my $$ if it's not worth it. Hope that clears up your confusion .

ShelbyZ28

So who else has rust on their Jet-Hot coated headers?
I put my Jet-Hot coated Hooker LTs on in January of 2002. Within four months they had signs of rust on the collectors. It wasn't to bad but for what I paid I didn't expect any rusting. So over the next year it has got progressively worse. Now its to the point where the whole collector is covered with rust . It looks like crap. The top of the headeres look fine but thats beyond the point. I know that they would recoat the headers if I brought it to their attentiion but they would probably just rust again . I'm not willing to go through another PITA header install if they are going to look the same in a year. So who else has this problem? Did you get them recoated? Did they rust again? Who has a quality coating that won't rust. Let me hear your opinions.

Bryan

Silver M6, Hooker LTs, GMMG Chambered Exhaust, SLP CAI, Granatelli MAF, Pro 5.0, Lou's SS, BMR STB/LCA's/Panhard Rod/Swaybars, 1LE bellow, NGK TR-55s, MSD 8.5 wires, LT4 KM, !CAGS, 17x9.5 Z06 Chromies

296.8 RWHP
333.6 RWTQ
Old 04-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

I personally know two ceramic coater dudes. One is Paul Barry (although I've only met him once but have talked to him quite a bit!) and the other is a local guy. I've talked to him pretty extensively about ceramic coatings. They both tell me that prep is key. If the headers are not prepped properly, the coating won't last, period. You MUST prep the headers for the coating and not skimp or take shortcuts in this area or even the best ceramic coating in the world isn't going to last.

I think Jet Hot has a good product but the difference between Jet Hot and Paul Barry and the local guy I know is that I doubt (but don't know for sure) that Jet Hot is owner operated where as Paul Barry and the guy I know own and operate their own business. If Jet Hot has some guy working for an hourly rate for them coating their headers and has a huge stack-o-headers to get done, he might not be prepping them as well as he should be? If Paul gets backed up he just says "it's going to take longer" because he'll prep them all exactly the same because he'll be the one who has to pay to have them re-done but at Jet Hot the hourly paid dude ain't going to be paying for it That would explain why some have great luck with their Jet Hot coatings and you hear of some who have it start flaking in weeks or months. Now, I'll stress, this is just a theory of mine and I have no idea how Jet Hot does it, if they coat one set a week or one thousand... don't know. I just know that the longevity of the ceramic coating is only partially in the ceramic coating itself... if it ain't prepped right, it ain't lasting.

Quick Reply: JET-Hot I'm calling you out