LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 10:33 AM

Good theory, but it doesn't explain why my Paul Barry coated headers rusted just as described by many using JETHOT.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by mobleman
Good theory, but it doesn't explain why my Paul Barry coated headers rusted just as described by many using JETHOT.
DOH! Good point.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by Brent94Z
I just know that the longevity of the ceramic coating is only partially in the ceramic coating itself... if it ain't prepped right, it ain't lasting.
good point Brent, prep is the key to any good coating. Unless a mass production facility has an excellent QA Process in place for each major step then there are going to be flaws. I'm not sure what JetHot has for QA process/procedures but it would be interesting to find out. I would bet with the MASS SIZE of this board and "word of mouth" advertising such as this forum JetHot would take action to correct any flaws....hopefully.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:52 AM

Originally posted by ryker77
I've not yet received my missing parts...

I sent an email to JetHot a few days ago and to reply.
I received your email on 4/16/03 about still not having received the parts. I contact our Hooker rep. (again) and asked to find out were the parts are. He was able to locate a status, I told the rep. to send another one to our customer and ship it NDA. I had emailed you two times late on 4/16/03. I will see if I can locate a tracking number to find out were the parts are. If I could drive to Hooker, I would. As I stated in my email to you,it is Jet Hot's best interest to get the parts to you asap.I still have your email address, I will be emailing you today with that information.

Thanks
Chris
chris@jet-hot.com
Old 04-18-2003, 11:00 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Originally posted by Injuneer
Just curious.... why would you be ordering from a company that has been "stiffing" a fellow F-Body member for more than a month? And he doesn't seem the only one.

this post is a "personal" opinion, and does not reflect the views of the board owners or the moderators

I know that it is a "personal" opinion, but coming from a moderator who over sees the threads that stings. No one is perfect, I have tried to always work with the customer regardless of the situations. Jet Hot is not out to "stiff" anyone, I apologize to those who see it that way. If there is anyone who has any questions or problems that need to be fixed, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Chris
chris@jet-hot.com
1-800-432-3379 ext 110
Old 04-18-2003, 11:21 AM

im a little curious to see how the exhaust components are prepped as well. maybe dipped in a mild acid or sandblasted. i think it would be cool to know.

as for the end-product, ever seen a paint job without primer and sanding? ever paint something that had a splotch of oil on it? i think prep is key. the ceramicoat isnt at fault. otherwise, everyone would have this problem.

btw: when i can save 700 bucks i plan on getting the jethot headers and a mufflex y-pipe.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Brettinator
good point Brent, prep is the key to any good coating. Unless a mass production facility has an excellent QA Process in place for each major step then there are going to be flaws. I'm not sure what JetHot has for QA process/procedures but it would be interesting to find out. I would bet with the MASS SIZE of this board and "word of mouth" advertising such as this forum JetHot would take action to correct any flaws....hopefully.

As it has been note by me in the past and in this thread, prep is very important. Also, the coating mixture is just as important. Many companies purchase generic coatings to sell as theirs to the market. Jet Hot makes thier own coatings. It has enable us to make a brighter and more durable coating in the market. But you are right, the prep is very important. If the prep isn't done right, the coating will not bond to the metal. On request, Jet Hot sends out our brochure and a video tape that shows how the process in done. If anyone who like a copy, please email me with your name and address.

Thanks
Chris
chris@jet-hot.com
Old 04-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally posted by funina91ss
you wont be saying that in a few months when your coating is falling off
Heh, my jet-hot coating is rusting after less than a year on my car. I called jet-hot a month or so and let them know. I explained that I won't be able to send them in till winter when I drop my new motor in. They seemed happy to make good on it. We shall see
Old 04-18-2003, 01:16 PM

So is there a solution to the AIR fittings?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:07 PM

I've recieved my part. Mailed straight from Hooker. I say part and not parts because all I got was the flange. No bolts or gaskets or whatever else comes.

I should have made this thread about Hooker I emailed them and Jet Hot several times. Jet Hot ie Chris was the only person that would reply.

The flange hooker sent me looked like pure ****. I could have made a better flange with a torch

I'll never buy Edelbrock headers due to poor construction.
I'll never buy Hooker due to **** poor customer service.

Not yet figured Jet Hot out.
My buddy does have one of the first sets LS1 JetHot headers. He never got the bolts either!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Originally posted by JetHot Coating
I know that it is a "personal" opinion, but coming from a moderator who over sees the threads that stings. No one is perfect, I have tried to always work with the customer regardless of the situations. Jet Hot is not out to "stiff" anyone, I apologize to those who see it that way. If there is anyone who has any questions or problems that need to be fixed, please feel free to contact me.
Chris:

I was very careful to point out that it was a personal opinion. You read that, and understood it. If possible, when I post a personal opinion, I would like to be able to "turn off" the "Moderator" tag so there could be absolutely no mistake that it is an opinion, and would not suggest that my opinion counts any more that anyone elses. I can't turn it off, so I'm stuck with it.

I feel that as a serious contributor to this board, I am entitled to post my personal opinion, so long as I identify it as such. There have been a large number of posts over the past year complaining about the quality of JET HOT products. This thread is starting to evoke comments regarding "customer service" problems. I was making an observation. Hopefully you will address the problems, rather than finding fault with the people who notice them.

Many of us work in businesses where "quality" is important, and the key to building and maintaining a good customer base. Getting replacement parts out when you promise them is part of the job. Avoiding the need for the replacement parts in the first place is an even more important part of the job.

Originally posted by Brettinator ...wait? what are you rambling on about? I have not even been here a month. I just this morning found the following post from Shelby on the front page of LT1 tech, I dont' scroll back months and months reading posts. ...... Irregardless I think you are way out of line in your statement and I realize you don't know all the facts so it's no big deal to me. ...... Hope that clears up your confusion .
You really didn't have to go back and read "months and months" of posts.... all you had to do was skim through this thread... the one you were posting on. Now I understand you had no idea what was going on, so yes, you did clear up the confusion. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:38 PM

Well I also was fortunate enough to have a Jet Hot issue. I ordered the coated Hooker Shorties for my 95. Chris was awesome on the phone and answered all my questions and got back to me quickly when I emailed him. I recieve my headers which looked great. I got them a week before I was supposed to get them installed. The day before I was to take my car in I realize that I have NO Y-PIPE!!!!! I called Chris and he was apologetic and said they would get one right out. Long story short it took almost 3 weeks to get a Y-pipe. Everytime I called it was supposed to be done and sent. Now mind you that it seemed more like a wharehouse issue than Chris's fault , it was still frustrating. If I remember correct Chris finally had to go down and get someones rear in gear. I spoke with the wharehouse guy and it was something to the effect of we are out of Y-pipes and waiting on Hooker. Then when he told me they had it there and finished another week passed before they shipped it

All in all

The Price was Great!

My coating has shown no signs of problems

Chris seems to me to have great customer service skills( I would do business with him because of that)

But somewhere between Jet Hots operations or Hookers operations there are definitely some areas that arent working efficiently

Just my .02 and nothing more.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by smacz28

The Price was Great!

My coating has shown no signs of problems

Chris seems to me to have great customer service skills( I would do business with him because of that)

But somewhere between Jet Hots operations or Hookers operations there are definitely some areas that arent working efficiently

Just my .02 and nothing more.
My JetHot longtubes will be here Monday Apr 28th and I can't wait to install them. I optioned for the JetHot brand over Hooker due to the thickness increases and results I've heard from other JetHot longtube users. JetHot's customer service is great from what I've experienced so far. I hope I have no quality issues down the road.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JET-Hot I'm calling you out

Originally posted by Injuneer

You really didn't have to go back and read "months and months" of posts.... all you had to do was skim through this thread... the one you were posting on. Now I understand you had no idea what was going on, so yes, you did clear up the confusion. Thanks.
Well obviously I didn't find this thread because it was buried a ways back until someone responded to it moving it up to the top, real simple stuff here. I really do not need your fourm reading 101 instructions, thanks.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:33 PM

Not receiving parts and bad customer service is my only experience with Jet Hot. After not receiving my headers, yet being billed for them. I attempted to contact them, what I received was the run around for about a month. I finally got pissed of and disputed payment. They than had the audacity to charge me again (3 time payment plan). After about 8 months I finally received my money from my credit card company,not Jet Hot. To make a long story short, be careful when you buy stuff from internet stores. I ended up getting my hookers from Summit, ts been about a year and they hold up fine except srapes by the collectors.