LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Are larger valves worth installing on 383 build?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:11 AM

Re: Are larger valves worth installing on 383 build?

Like I said a page ago it sounds like you want a nice street engine along the lines of LPEs LT1 383s...I'm with you and have over 10 years experience with one. Build a nice 11:1 383 with ported LT1 heads with 2.00/1.56s and add one of the two proven LPE cams we talked about before and have fun...You will have a nice set up that you can easily live with everyday and has the potential to run high 11s with the supporting bolt ons when you get the urge...all while getting 24 mpg...

--Alan
Old 07-21-2006, 05:45 AM

No offence Grammerman, but do yourself a big favor and talk to Lloyd (and Bret, who does his cams) about doing a custom camshaft spec'd exactly for what your trying to do with the car, and getting some "real" ports in your heads with the right size valves.....I realize that you have some motor knowledge, but things with these LT1 FI engines are a bit different than you seem to be thinking in your posts....with these correct "in balance" mods, you will pick up power across the entire RPM range......Joe

Last edited by Joe B; 07-21-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mgray
If you can't help him, why do you continue to negate everything he says? Even if everything he says was complete hog-wash, is it your duty to make sure we know he is wrong and you are right? You don't have to post everything that comes to mind...or are you bound to do so because you do share useful knowledge on occasion?

This type of bantering seems to be finding its way into more and more of your posts - what happened to the old dude who couldn't give two ***** about what the other guy thought was right or wrong?

I comment on things that are directed at me.
I don't really care if he runs with NO cam or trys BB heads. He asked if a set of bigger valves were in order and I/others answered and got an attitude in return.
Maybe I didn't answer in a manner he could understand but if ya read the first few posts ya will see and the 'tude toward others and myself.
So if he don't want to listen at the advice maybe he needs to go down his own path and just get it done.
I am/was trying to tell him that all the money spent for a 383 is no good unless it can breathe and heads/cam have all to do with that. Others tried also so it's a hopeless case,I am done with trying to help these type of people and that is one reason I stopped posting so much 'cause some don't appreciate the help,then try to bash ya and ya can't tell who they are until ya get a bunch of BS.
Guys that have a buddy or a buddy of a buddy that did XXXXX and ask for advice then turn around and tell ya you don't know what you are talking about cause their buddy has done it are not wanting to listen anyway.

To each his own.
I still don't GaS but don't like being personally attacked.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1racerdude
I still don't GaS but don't like being personally attacked.
Have you ever gone back and read any of your own posts? You post like some know it all a-hole from Southport. Just my $.02