LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LE1 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:48 PM

Re: LE1 worth it?

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Kreinmc....

If you need to get in touch with me at 3:30 PM the best way is to E-MAIL ME since I WORK TILL 9:00PM AT MY SHOP and do not get home till 10:30 or later....I will return your e-mail promptly when I take breaks to check that..... I've been in the middle of a nightmare turbo motor and it's taking all of my time for the past two weeks...

Thanks for being mature instead....

You have E-MAIL.

Bret
Maybe you should learn how to treat your customers. BTW, the day I spoke to you about the cam, you IMed me at work! Now tell me that you do not use computers at work or that you don't post all day long at work. Do not try to avoid me! I have been waiting for my parts over a month and you are not keeping me up to date. I should have put the cam in my sig after all the bull**** you fed me regarding the cam itself!
Old 04-04-2005, 10:51 PM

Come on guys, take it to PM's, email, AIM, or the phone.

-Dustin-
Old 04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Banned

Thanks Dustin..... I'm glad you realize that is the proper way to handle things.

I was doing Cam DESIGNS AT HOME THAT DAY..... when you have 6 to do that's where my focus was that day, because that's what my job entailed that I do at that time..... I'd rather have a nice warm house with music and food next to me for cam designs than a noisy shop. The last two weeks has been devoted to a 800+ turbo street motor that is a pain in the butt that is AT MY SHOP 12 miles away..... You get to work at home and at your shop WHEN IT IS YOUR BUSINESS!

I don't make the retainers.... Comp doesn't make them they have a supplier that makes them and YOU STRESSING YOURSELF OUT (and taking it out on me) about something you, me or my contacts at COMP can't fix is not going to do anything but give you high blood pressure and a early trip to your grave.

In case you have some phobia with e-mail here is what I sent you at 11:26PM my time.... Yeah I still care about helping out customers (WHEN I CAN DO SOMETHING) at almost MIDNIGHT!

Originally Posted by E-MAIL

Mike,

Please E-mail me.... I'm only able to check IM when I am at my home computer since I use it for PERSONAL correspondance.

Considering that I get out of work at 8:30-9:00 then eat dinner and work out till 10:30 or later kind of makes it tough for me to get back to you.

As for the retainers....... I have not been told anything different from last time we talked.. I talk to Comp 2-3 times a week and ask every time we talk. Once I know something I will let you know.

Bret
I'm sorry my customer service doesn't revolve around you night and day. That time zone difference accounts for something.... Oh and BTW YOU'RE WELCOME for the free TunerCat tune for your cam that's matched to your setup.... Yeah I don't care about customers.

IT IS SIMPLE E-MAIL ME WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING AND I WILL GET TO THAT ASAP, I CHECK THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Time to go to bed. It IS MIDNIGHT HERE!

Bret
Old 04-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Banned

Mike,

THANKS for the sig change....

You will have a e-mail when I find out about the backordered retainers....

Bret
Old 04-04-2005, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Thanks Dustin..... I'm glad you realize that is the proper way to handle things.

I was doing Cam DESIGNS AT HOME THAT DAY..... when you have 6 to do that's where my focus was that day, because that's what my job entailed that I do at that time..... I'd rather have a nice warm house with music and food next to me for cam designs than a noisy shop. The last two weeks has been devoted to a 800+ turbo street motor that is a pain in the butt that is AT MY SHOP 12 miles away..... You get to work at home and at your shop WHEN IT IS YOUR BUSINESS!

I don't make the retainers.... Comp doesn't make them they have a supplier that makes them and YOU STRESSING YOURSELF OUT (and taking it out on me) about something you, me or my contacts at COMP can't fix is not going to do anything but give you high blood pressure and a early trip to your grave.

In case you have some phobia with e-mail here is what I sent you at 11:26PM my time.... Yeah I still care about helping out customers (WHEN I CAN DO SOMETHING) at almost MIDNIGHT!

I'm sorry my customer service doesn't revolve around you night and day. That time zone difference accounts for something.... Oh and BTW YOU'RE WELCOME for the free TunerCat tune for your cam that's matched to your setup.... Yeah I don't care about customers.

IT IS SIMPLE E-MAIL ME WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING AND I WILL GET TO THAT ASAP, I CHECK THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Time to go to bed. It IS MIDNIGHT HERE!

Bret

So wait, are you from LE or what...? I'm very confused.

I'm not putting words in anyones mouth BUT *I'm just speaking in general terms of people I have dealt with*..I can't stand when something is backordered, or the order doesn't go through right away, or the order doesn't ship out till 3 days after I ordered it and the place I order from doesn't keep me up to date. It's always an ongoing battle if trying to find out where your stuff is. To me, that is not good business, and if that happens to me I will not order from that place again regardless of it's reputation. I ordered my headers off marylandspeed.com from Ebay, and was advertised as in stock and ready to ship once order is placed....I placed the order, didn't ship out till almost 2 days later because it had to be "drop" shipped from Jet Hot. The only reason I kept the order is because the guy called me. If businesses are not willing to keep me up to date on their products, or check their e-mails regularly when someone places an order, they don't deserve my business.

Last edited by blind527; 04-04-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Banned

Sorry about all of this guys.... Lloyd, Kreinmc..... EVERYONE

Blind, yes Lloyd gets his cams from me. He's a GREAT guy to work with.... I probably get to work with him professionally more than anyone on the board so I can say that and really mean it.

I'm having a hell of a few weeks here with parts problems, motor problems, every little thing known to man on a motor build up and it's taking a lot out of me. All in the same time trying to do everything for my customers during the day.

Bret
Old 04-04-2005, 11:29 PM

i was looking into the LE2 settup , by far i like the power output he is guranteeing , and yes he gurantees it (with boltons and mentioned mods)

only one thing , with the heads and cam combo , i would need to but teh rockers seperatley ?? they dont come with the package??
Old 04-04-2005, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroSS30thAnn
i was looking into the LE2 settup , by far i like the power output he is guranteeing , and yes he gurantees it (with boltons and mentioned mods)

only one thing , with the heads and cam combo , i would need to but teh rockers seperatley ?? they dont come with the package??

Just FYI:
Absolutly NOTHING is garunteed with cars. You could put your car together and put down 290 because your opti is dead or 370 because your tune is off. A car with a particular setup "should" put down numbers as per his website. Some less some more. Look at the results of the majority of others (ignore outliars low and high), and that is where your car "should" dyno, run or trap.

And the packages are just the heads (ported), springs retainers etc, and the cam. Things like pushrods, rockers etc are seperate.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by tireburnin
Just FYI:
Absolutly NOTHING is garunteed with cars. You could put your car together and put down 290 because your opti is dead or 370 because your tune is off. A car with a particular setup "should" put down numbers as per his website. Some less some more. Look at the results of others, and that is where your car "should" dyno, run or trap.

And the packages are just the heads (ported), springs retainers etc, and the cam. Things like pushrods, rockers etc are seperate.

I think he means garuanteed if you have the supporting mods like full bolt ons and what he recommends.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by blind527
So wait, are you from LE or what...? I'm very confused.

I'm not putting words in anyones mouth BUT *I'm just speaking in general terms of people I have dealt with*..I can't stand when something is backordered, or the order doesn't go through right away, or the order doesn't ship out till 3 days after I ordered it and the place I order from doesn't keep me up to date. It's always an ongoing battle if trying to find out where your stuff is. To me, that is not good business, and if that happens to me I will not order from that place again regardless of it's reputation. I ordered my headers off marylandspeed.com from Ebay, and was advertised as in stock and ready to ship once order is placed....I placed the order, didn't ship out till almost 2 days later because it had to be "drop" shipped from Jet Hot. The only reason I kept the order is because the guy called me. If businesses are not willing to keep me up to date on their products, or check their e-mails regularly when someone places an order, they don't deserve my business.
It has been a month! I have been sending him instant messages daily. About 1 1/2 weeks ago he said he would email me the status of my parts and I never got that email. Therefore, I decided to continually send him messages every couple days or so and I did not receive a response through email or IM. I was obviously being ignored! Infact, he instantly responded to this thread when I am damn sure he was sitting at the same computer that had my instant messages from earlier in the day sitting right in front of him! That is complete BS.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:52 PM

I think he means garuanteed if you have the supporting mods like full bolt ons and what he recommends.
yup thats what i meant

besides pushrods, rockers, and gaskets what else would i need to complete this settup

(besides teh supporting mods which i will get )
Old 04-04-2005, 11:57 PM

No there is no guarantee. Your car should make the numbers he gives you, but it doesnt mean it will.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:58 PM

I'm sure he'll post tomorrow, but very very few companies will put a garuantee on something that is subjective. IMO, It only leads to problems when someone does something wrong or gets on a bad dyno or whatever. Not everyones car will do what it "should or could" and a garuantee only adds to this problem.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kreinmc
It has been a month! I have been sending him instant messages daily. About 1 1/2 weeks ago he said he would email me the status of my parts and I never got that email. Therefore, I decided to continually send him messages every couple days or so and I did not receive a response through email or IM. I was obviously being ignored! Infact, he instantly responded to this thread when I am damn sure he was sitting at the same computer that had my instant messages from earlier in the day sitting right in front of him! That is complete BS.
I have done business with Lloyd and Bret, Both are great guys and my experience was smooth.
From what I can gather on this, Its just the fact of waiting on parts from the supplier, Not one of these guys problems....

But this thread could probably be to help the person that was asking about the LE1 setup.

I think that it would be great for the money and the customer service of Lloyd and Bret, I find to be next to none....Excellent....And most will agree!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

Mike,

I don't use IM for business.... it's like giving you my home phone number so you can call and bug my family in the middle of the night about retainers. See my point. I'm sorry If I want some thought of Privacy in my life..... I come home to a screen full of about 10-12 different IM's, and every once in a while I reserve the right to a life of my own.... I can't find out the status on parts at 11:00PM.

I'm sure you can ask Lloyd about this retainer backorder too..... but he needs about 5 sets of these things or more right now and they have been on backorder and due in on the 11th of MARCH! I'm pissed about this too because you and other people NEED THESE parts to run your motors. The parts being THIS LATE is a ****ty deal for everyone.

I hate backorders MORE than you guys do. It's obvious that COMP needs a new supplier for these things... but the way steel prices are going now this is not going to get any better. I understand where you are coming from guys.... but understand your backorders at Summit, Jegs, Thunder etc.... are handled in the same manner, except i don't have 50 people on the phone for people wondering where their parts on backorder are. Today I could have told him by 6:00PM my time what the exact status of his back order was IF I got a e-mail at 3:30 not a IM. I can't stress that enough.... E-MAIL

It's obviously a communication problem here.... I'm just turning the IM off completely now to prevent misunderstandings like this from happening. Thanks.

Bret

Quick Reply: LE1 worth it?