LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LE2 Dyno & Track Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Banned

Re: LE2 Dyno & Track Numbers

I still like how that LE2 cam makes 350+ ftlbs from 3000-6200....

I've looked at a lot of dyno charts lately on 350-355 motors with numerous different head and cam packages and most setups don't get over 350+rwtq till over 4000rpm. By then Josephs setup is already at 365rwTQ, usually peaks 5-10 Ft lbs more as well and makes the same if not more HP. It's not just a TQ cam. In fact on some dynos I've seen over 30 ftlbs more TQ in the midrange with the same HP up top.

Not bad for as low cost as his setup is.

This is a great example of a real world setup that anyone can copy.... It's not a race car that goes down the track in Super Stock competition. This thing is a street car that is a pretty basic inexpensive build and it works really well.

Bret

Last edited by SStrokerAce; 06-15-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kryckter

I am very VERY happy with the setup and numbers.
I dont believe there is another LT1 heads & cam setup to make these numbers.

Thanks for all the compliments.....
Congrats on your good times. Great dyno #s as well. I do have to inform you of another LT1 with STOCK size Valves and a stock bottom end that have outrun your nitrous times so far. My car weighs over 3550 with me in it and made 421rwhp at 6600 and 428rwtq at over 4000 rpm through a turbo 350, a 12 bolt, and a non lockup converter. I DRIVE this car to the track and all over town. Last time out, 1400 DA, I ran an 11.02 at over 120 with a 1.77 60ft I could pull 1.48 to 1.50 everytime . I couldn't get the car to hook after we got her tuned. The tire was too short. The mph was low because I couldn't go any faster with a 26" tire and a 4.10 gear. Ran out of rpm at the 1000ft mark.Best of luck to you, just wanted to point out that "generic" heads are not always a disadvantage

Last edited by Quickshotkimber; 06-15-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:11 PM

Quickshot,

Dayum, a 4.11 and NO OVERDRIVE. . . . .

man, you are like me and my Big Block 55 Chevy with a TH 400 and 4.11's. If anyone comes around me on the big end, I'll just spit pushrods at em, LOL.

get thet 60 back where it was and you are much faster.

Like everyone else talking about dyno #'s and track times . . . . . .woulda, coulda, shoulda. . . . . . . I am sure Kryckters car woulda been faster with a better 60 ft but I guess he was not able to get it like you were not able to get it.

Is that the mid 230/low 240 cam you have in there? That thing pulled great on top end evrytime I used it and always seemed to give a good MPH.

Lloyd
Old 06-15-2005, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by NightTrain66
Quickshot,

Dayum, a 4.11 and NO OVERDRIVE. . . . .

man, you are like me and my Big Block 55 Chevy with a TH 400 and 4.11's. If anyone comes around me on the big end, I'll just spit pushrods at em, LOL.

get thet 60 back where it was and you are much faster.

Like everyone else talking about dyno #'s and track times . . . . . .woulda, coulda, shoulda. . . . . . . I am sure Kryckters car woulda been faster with a better 60 ft but I guess he was not able to get it like you were not able to get it.

Is that the mid 230/low 240 cam you have in there? That thing pulled great on top end evrytime I used it and always seemed to give a good MPH.

Lloyd
Yeah close to it, just slightly different.The no overdrive kinda sucks, I just never figured I would be running that kind of mph. She was pegging 7000 around the 1000ft mark. I have some funny slips from that night. I started out running around 12.4 A/F and cutting 1.49 60fts. I hit the brakes at the 1/8th and ended up running a 11.57 at 90 mph Didn't want to get kicked off of the track. I got her leaned out to exactly 13.1 and it was a whole new beast. I tried 5 passes adjusting the hals, but the car would pull the wheels and then blow off the tires. I lost almost 3 full tenths pedaling past the 60ft and still hit that 11.02. I've got some 28" MT DRs and my fingers crossed. If They hook, I should be able to make it all the way and run around 124 or 125 mph. Especially with the new kmember, aarms,ect...

Good luck, I'm going to be looking for some competition
Old 06-15-2005, 09:36 PM

Yeah,
I would love to get great 60 fts. and have an auto and a good rear end.
However, Im on a 10 bolt, With a 6 speed, 1.70 60 ft. is pretty good in my books, But I guess our 60 fts. are comaprable on the run you advertise,
I was still working out some bugs and that was my first time to the track with that setup...
I can not race at good tracks where I live, Right now, The DA is at a nice 6200 ft....
No good times here...
I would love to know more aobut your setup though, Heads, Cam and intake...
I am still on the stock unported intake and stock valves....
Your car runs really fast and good....
Also...428 RWTQ...that thing is a monster

Joseph
Old 06-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quickshotkimber,

Dude you are moving as well, and that's awesome! A 1.4 short time and a 124-125mph would be a dam quick pass. Should get you into the 10's then and NA that's movin.

Joseph's setup is pretty inexpensive and considering that a good DA for him would be in the high 3000's range up there in Amarrillo he's doing pretty well. Never said he was the fastest LT1 on the planet, but the thing definately moves for the coin he has in it.

I can imagine that no overdrive can make that puppy fun on trips. One reason why a M6 helps in street strip cars. Just doesn't make the killer RWTQ numbers with the big converter flash.

Bret
Old 06-15-2005, 10:03 PM

Yeah,
I would love to get great 60 fts. and have an auto and a good rear end.
However, Im on a 10 bolt, With a 6 speed, 1.70 60 ft. is pretty good in my books, But I guess our 60 fts. are comaprable on the run you advertise,
I was still working out some bugs and that was my first time to the track with that setup...
I can not race at good tracks where I live, Right now, The DA is at a nice 6200 ft....
No good times here...
I would love to know more aobut your setup though, Heads, Cam and intake...
I am still on the stock unported intake and stock valves....
Your car runs really fast and good....
Also...428 RWTQ...that thing is a monster

Joseph
1.70 is a great 60ft with an m6 and stock 10bolt. I was able to cut 1.51s with the 4l60e and 10bolt, the new cam put an end to that I'm like you, I went the cheap route. No lightweight parts, leather seat, stock brakes, 3550 race weight. I was forced to replace the tranny and rear as things started breaking. They really hurt
The heads have a relatively small volume port and flow 250 at .500 lift. The intake has been ported to match the heads and the 58mm TB. The cam pretty bad *** and was ground by Joe Overton. I have alot of friends on this board that have ridden in my car. The throttle response and linear power are unreal. The local dyno shop calls me every few weeks to bring my car down and take a few customers for a ride
Good luck with some quicker times, I'm sure they are coming. I love the fact that it doesn't take alot of money to go fast, just the right combo.

Last edited by Quickshotkimber; 06-15-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Quickshotkimber,

Dude you are moving as well, and that's awesome! A 1.4 short time and a 124-125mph would be a dam quick pass. Should get you into the 10's then and NA that's movin.

Joseph's setup is pretty inexpensive and considering that a good DA for him would be in the high 3000's range up there in Amarrillo he's doing pretty well. Never said he was the fastest LT1 on the planet, but the thing definately moves for the coin he has in it.

I can imagine that no overdrive can make that puppy fun on trips. One reason why a M6 helps in street strip cars. Just doesn't make the killer RWTQ numbers with the big converter flash.

Bret
I thought he had mentioned that the DA was between 600 to 800 ft for those runs, so I figured our air was roughly the same. I was just responding when he said that he thought that no one else had matched those #s, thats all. My friends all tease me, because I have less money in mine than most of them as well.
The th350 sucks for the highway trips. I just wanted to replace the 4l60e before I tore it up. I sold it and paid for the 350. I'm hoping that the new 28s will not only let the car hook, but reduce cruising rpms as well. Yeah, gotta love the TQ converter. The spike was well over 500rwtq and had flattened to 428 just over 4000rpms. Still had over 350 at 5800 I'd say those are well past the flashing effect usually seen when they first hit the gas on the rollers. They were shocked with the HP #s with a non lockup converter as well. I run around a 3600 ATI unit.
As far as 10s, If I could have just hooked one pass, it would have been well into the tens. To hit 6.9s in the 1/8th with a 1.77 60ft is moving. It still would have run tens if I hadn't run out of tire. The 28" tires should fix that.

James

Last edited by Quickshotkimber; 06-15-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:00 PM

Very fast and very impressive times...
I would love to see what that car would do when it hooked and had a good run...Good luck on getting 10's
Old 06-16-2005, 06:19 PM

Very fast and very impressive times...
I would love to see what that car would do when it hooked and had a good run...Good luck on getting 10's
Back to the top for you. Nice running car and good times. Didn't mean to hijack.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:01 PM

Nice numbers, but the times were at 600-800' which is about the same kind of weather as you Quickshot and my first LE1heads/cam setup ran in. My car ran 11.66@117mph in testing. The car only had a mail order tune and didn't have much traction like 1.68 60' best that nite. Those small valves and nice cam work well together. Lloyd is doing my new set and I will shooting for 10's N/A myself with some 3.73's and 28" ET Radials. Later Clint
Old 06-22-2005, 11:10 PM

Clint, you shouldn't have a problem going 10's n/a. You are sticking with stock casting heads right?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:28 AM

CONGRATS on your times, you inspire people like me who have been told many times that it would cost too much money to make my car a beast..............THANKS
Old 06-23-2005, 08:18 AM

That 10hr drive back to Amarillo........was that in this 11.7sec monster??

Can anyone give me the scoop on this LE package, how can I go about getting one??
Old 06-23-2005, 09:27 AM

nice times, i know i made the right decision to go with lloyd elliot. i'm getting the LE2 package and intake portmatched. i sent my heads and intake to lloyd elliott yesterday (wed.). in 3 weeks, i hope to see similar or better gains . can't wait to recieve them.

TUNDRKYS : his website is eportworks.com give him a call and he'll let you know what you need.

congrats,
kearn

Quick Reply: LE2 Dyno & Track Numbers