LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LE2 setup vs. AI 190cc

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:49 PM

Re: LE2 setup vs. AI 190cc

Fwiw 2.5 yrs ago or so.. i know of 2 local LTx's on stock bottom end's crackin' 400rwhp one w/ LTx castings and the other w/ afr's.. think it was 452 or so for the rwhp.. on the afr headed one... Joe happened to do those two car's.. one even went to a 10.8 on motor w/ ltx stuff.. So being the neutral party that i am.. I'm saying both know they're ****, and both have they're own idea's and belief's on things.. which we all could learn somthing.. If nobody was willing to challenge idea's.. there would be no innovation....
Old 05-18-2006, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Good head porters don't try and increase the velocity in critical areas... wow scary point again.

BTW Joe thanks for bringing so much usefull information to the site, you've only made posts in this thread acting like a little girl over the last 3 months, you only have one post on your other name touting yourself and that's about it.

What happened with ole Eric? I though he was your hand porting buddy? Now you are all on the CNC train? One day you will just admit that you don't like me because I do cams for Lloyd now, and the guys make more power AND love how they act and drive. I doubt that's why you don't like it though, the sales that you don't have thru him probably hurt the racing funds more. I don't blame you for being pissed, but your the one that screwed that up for yourself in so many ways I can't imagine. As for cars... I'm not like you and Ai I don't have to go touting my latest and greatest project just so I'm known and people don't forget me.

Bret

Bret never did I once say a hand ported head was bad... but just so you know my heads took 6 months to do by hand... got six months??? most these guys hardly will wait for afr's that long let along a set of ported lt1 castings... As far as the rest of the hypocritical BLAH BLAH BLAH ..... You were the one touting how your cams are so much better than everyone... Maybe you made a mistake naming me in a post again???.... next time I get a street car owner wanting a lil lope and a dyno sheet.And could care less how it does at the track ..I'll surely send them your way... Oh and Bret I don't have to act professional. I don't do this for a living... so like I said
Happy Sales!!!!! I'll be waiting for some wonderous times with these mad skills you have... Cause me as well as the rest of cz28 hasnt seen Jack in that category...

As for Eric hes still the man in my book personally... but he needs no boasting here,and he cant turn heads out a pair a week....

Last edited by Joseph Overton; 05-18-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Up until semi recently not many people were cracking 400+ rwhp, especially in 355's still be it a hyd rollers.

:
You guys on here must not pay attention much. We cracked 400 rwhp about 5+ years ago around here with hyd rollers. Shoot...cracked 450 rwhp over two years ago with stock bottom ends. Solid roller with gm heads are doing over 500 rwhp. Too many people around here settle for mediocre and are happy with it and wonder why their heads/cam cars can't beat cam only ls1s...shoot..some can't beat bolt on ls1s
Old 05-18-2006, 09:32 PM

Why don't you guys just start a "cam master ***** waiving contest" thread...

This has nothing to do with the post, I honestly believe you should settle your differences elsewhere.

Dennis
Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
All I can say is this, I was lucky enought to hang with bret personally and took a hand in my cam install. He def. know his **** and I think more to the point the proof is in the #'s that LT1 are putting out now adays. Up until semi recently not many people were cracking 400+ rwhp, especially in 355's still be it a hyd rollers.

My cam runs fine, WILL pass emissions, excellent driveablity, did 362 rwhp through a 383, 2500 stall, 3" steel DS, and Moser 12 bolt, be it a m6/10 bolt it would nearly eclipse 400.

Very satisfied
Sounds like more of a reason to not deal with whoever designed that combo.

Those are TERRIBLE numbers, considering that many stock-bottom LT1s dyno anywhere from 390-410 through an auto with a heads/cam package.

Mike
Old 05-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by 95Bird
You guys on here must not pay attention much. We cracked 400 rwhp about 5+ years ago around here with hyd rollers. Shoot...cracked 450 rwhp over two years ago with stock bottom ends. Solid roller with gm heads are doing over 500 rwhp. Too many people around here settle for mediocre and are happy with it and wonder why their heads/cam cars can't beat cam only ls1s...shoot..some can't beat bolt on ls1s
Exactly. Sounds like a buncha mudslinging BS around here. I have no idea why this thread remained open. Internally-modded motors making 3xx ANYTHING to the wheels is no longer impressive.

Mike
Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kraest
Sounds like more of a reason to not deal with whoever designed that combo.

Those are TERRIBLE numbers, considering that many stock-bottom LT1s dyno anywhere from 390-410 through an auto with a heads/cam package.

Mike
Obviously you didn't/can't read, I have to pass emissions, roller emissions with sniffer test.... I asked for that criteria and bret deliver exactly what I asked, but again you have already a predetermined opinion about bret.

If emissions wasnt a issue then I know I could do more.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 05-18-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 PM

This Is Bull****! Give Credit Where Credit Is Due Thats All! If U Have A Combo That Works And Comes Togehter Really Well And Runs Great Awesome Thats It! **** This Im Better Than U Behind A Keyboard **** ... I Personally Have An A.i. Setup And Love It I Cant Even Begin On The Customer Service I Recieved From Phil And Ron Further More The Badass Combo They Put Together For Me! I Talked With Lloyd Before Making My Decision And Have Nothing Bad To Say About Lloyd But Bret On The Other Hand Didnt Have No Time For Me And My Silly Questions Well I Found Someone Who Did And Its Ai! Rick Abare Has One Of The Fastest Cars I Have Seen Its Amazing And For Someone To Say Otherwise Is Pissed Cause Hes Not In The Seat Running 10.0000000s At 137 N/a 383 Lol! So With That Said I Will Be Happy To Take Part In Whatever Challenge Lies Ahead For Ai V.s. Lloyd! I Will Put My Car Against Whatever Stock Bottomend Lt1 Bret Has So Whats Up Bret?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:31 PM

If you have problems with what I say, go right ahead and say something, otherwise you aren't going to know why you are wrong.
First off everything I have had a problem with you have been way off in left field. I get on here and ask questions just to see what kind of people are on here. I have pretty well fixed everything on my own (thats what I do!!!) I will give you credit on a few of your cam choices they have been pretty well right on. You are just way to cocky for what you are and what comes around goes around... it will come back to bit you on the a$$. The reason I stay quite is because last time I started proving you wrong I was told to quit picking on you guess its good to have friends in low places.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by 95Bird

Although people exceeded the 400+ mark years ago (n/a), it certainly was not the norm. In pursuit of peak numbers some people have higher tolerence then others and are willing to give up little things like reasonable gas milage, reliability and driveability.

The only people who settle for mediocre are the people who set out to make the most power and gave up. Others work with in their means such as emissions, money, and a host of other things.

But point well made, if I live 20 min from Atco, id build a car not caring about a lot of things but not everyone has that luxury
Old 05-18-2006, 10:57 PM

A little off Topic but red96z are you the one with the red Lt1 camaro in the memphis racing scene Videos???? Just wanna say you car is Pretty bad . We basically have 2 LE2 Lt1's running around in my town, One of the cars is a Le2 EVERYTHING and the other just has Le2 heads and a Custom XFI camshaft. We live a hour and half away from Memphis, we plan on making a Trip to the Motorsports park in the next month or so, maybe we can meet up an do a AI Vs LE race at the motosports park.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:11 PM

LETS GET IT ON! THANKS FOR THE PROPS!
Originally Posted by T/A KID
A little off Topic but red96z are you the one with the red Lt1 camaro in the memphis racing scene Videos???? Just wanna say you car is Pretty bad . We basically have 2 LE2 Lt1's running around in my town, One of the cars is a Le2 EVERYTHING and the other just has Le2 heads and a Custom XFI camshaft. We live a hour and half away from Memphis, we plan on making a Trip to the Motorsports park in the next month or so, maybe we can meet up an do a AI Vs LE race at the motosports park.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Joe O
the hand porter massaging areas to increase airflow/ airspeed even further...
Originally Posted by Me
Good head porters don't try and increase the velocity in critical areas... wow scary point again.
GOOD Head porters try to slow it down so you don't let the fuel fall out of suspension, then again we have EFI right so that doesn't matter. lol

FWIW I'll name you in a post whenever you are wrong or I feel like it.

The way this all works is that some of us have friends and enemies, me being me (being cocky) I'm going to have enemies, but that's ok I don't sugar coat anything for anyone.

red96z, I don't remember talking to you, but seeing how you act I can see why someone would blow you off.

Bret

Last edited by SStrokerAce; 05-19-2006 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shannons86
You are just way to cocky for what you are and what comes around goes around... it will come back to bit you on the a$$. The reason I stay quite is because last time I started proving you wrong I was told to quit picking on you guess its good to have friends in low places.
You didn't prove me wrong, you just don't have a clue about those rockers and how they will work with that cam.

BTW, opinions are like *** holes everybody has one.

Bret
Old 05-19-2006, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
GOOD Head porters try to slow it down so you don't let the fuel fall out of suspension, then again we have EFI right so that doesn't matter. lol

FWIW I'll name you in a post whenever you are wrong or I feel like it.

The way this all works is that some of us have friends and enemies, me being me (being cocky) I'm going to have enemies, but that's ok I don't sugar coat anything for anyone.

red96z, I don't remember talking to you, but seeing how you act I can see why someone would blow you off.

Bret
Bret how in the world do you stretch a generalized statement??? did i name a specific area in the head?? maybe I refered to the valve job since the porter 90% of the time does that to.... As far, as what you would like me to share ...LOL I'll just keep putting up timeslips, while you toss about dyno numbers...Like I said, if somebody wants to skimp I'll send them your way..

Quick Reply: LE2 setup vs. AI 190cc