LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LE3 h/c vs. Adv. Ind. 200cc h/c

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:04 AM

i can speak on the issue of AI's customer service. I had to change my gasket thickness. i called ron and the new gaskets got ordered that day and i am mailing my back to him today. he still has my number stored in his cell and i picked my stuff up over 4 months ago. i have been to the shop a few times and they are some of the best people i have come face to face with. if you have questions, they will answer. yes they are busy so don't expect to get a call back within 10 secs. if you search 200cc AI heads on here you will find another good example of that package other than rick's. the other guy made 480rwhp with factory LT1 ported and small solid roller cam. I can't say LE's stuff is not as good on flow/velocity as AI's. I just see that more AI customers trap higher in the 1/4 with same et or close to it. on a side note i just jumped in the boat cause i just opened the flood gate lol
Old 06-27-2007, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Unless there is a LE3 head/cam stroker f-body car out there running 9.97 @ 138+ N/A and at 3470 pounds raceweight, the answer is fairly clear.
And I like that car, but Iv'e heard this story before and it's getting old. That car is not a good example of what the average person is looking for and or expecting. Unless your dreaming, or have the time and money to get every little thing right. Would we all like one, yeah, but it ain't gonna happen without some serious dedication and big bucks.
On another note, you can't get everything you want or need from our supporting vendors. But if it's a toss up between a supporting vendor or a non supporting vendor guess which way I'm going. Even if a couple of HP are at stake, which I think will never be proven, will it?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
False. That would only create more controversy and problems.
well then what would you suggest? how about a set of LE3 heads and cam find their way on to rick abare's car?

comparing cars doesnt work. different setups, tracks, DA. it has to be the same car in same weather on the same track with the parts swapped or on an engine dyno.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
And I like that car, but Iv'e heard this story before and it's getting old. That car is not a good example of what the average person is looking for and or expecting. Unless your dreaming, or have the time and money to get every little thing right. Would we all like one, yeah, but it ain't gonna happen without some serious dedication and big bucks.
So are you saying that none of LE's customers are serious about racing or just too poor? Unless I'm dreaming, going fast has never been cheap. Not a good example? You don't look to go fast? Isn't that why we do this? It's the epitome of what a great set up can do, with an excellent set of heads. Again, going back to the OP question, I posted up a result of an AI project - post up the best LE-headed project you can find in a similar car, but please don't insult everyone by continuing to post excuses as to why Rick's car doesn't qualify as a 'real' result of a product and service. Yes, we all know it is well thought out, has a ton of hours of dedicated tuning and the attention to detail is staggering - does that make it any less of an example? What's ironic is that Rick will share with you what he's learned (unless you're competing with him, of course), AI will share with you what they know, but ultimately it is up to you and your own dedication, perserverence, the ability to buy what is needed (there's that money thing again), the ability to sift through the BS to separate the internet myths from reality, and the opportunity to talk to others that have been successful at what you want to achieve (sounds a lot like life, huh?).

The constant excuses and whining that Rick's car is a race car are what gets old, not the examples of folks who have the commitment to go fast.

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
On another note, you can't get everything you want or need from our supporting vendors. But if it's a toss up between a supporting vendor or a non supporting vendor guess which way I'm going. Even if a couple of HP are at stake, which I think will never be proven, will it?
If you only knew the story behind the 'vendor' status issue - you obviously don't, but it really doesn't matter anyway as it is clear you already have a set of heads. BTW, there are many vendors out there who do not support this site that have customers with VERY fast cars - you'd be foolish to exclude them as a source due to non-vendor status alone. Your choice though...

As a side note, the issue of customer service keeps coming up in these threads where performance examples are sought - we already know that LE and AI offer excellent customer service. Pep Boys offers me great customer service too, but I don't let that influence my decisions when it comes time to buy heads or have performance machine work done.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
False. That would only create more controversy and problems.

LPE needs an honarable mention.
You ever get your chit figured out? I see snazzy dyno numbers but no new ET's...
Car's been down, broken rear end, changing springs, ect. + my plugs are all pitch black, they look like they are oil fouled from the pcv system I'm not going to be goin back to the track until it cools down up here probably fall or winter, but once I get the springs in I plan on heading to the dyno to see if I fixed the high RPM miss.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 PM

i really want to see some number from some LE3 guys, but looks like there arent any....
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 PM

As one of the quicker/faster LE people that post on the board, I'm happy with my results. LE2 head / LE3 cam car.

Would Ai have made my car quicker w/ nothing changed in my setup? No clue really. My car is pretty basic. No fancy tuning, nothing special. Just a basic 355 w/ LE's stuff, a nicely matched and measured valvetrain, and a simple, but strong drivetrain.

All that said, I'm happy with my choice and good power can be made from their stuff. I look forward to continuing to work on my car and possibly hit a 10 second N/A pass with not too much more effort.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:53 PM

So are you saying that none of LE's customers are serious about racing or just too poor? Unless I'm dreaming, going fast has never been cheap. Not a good example? You don't look to go fast? Isn't that why we do this? It's the epitome of what a great set up can do, with an excellent set of heads. Again, going back to the OP question, I posted up a result of an AI project - post up the best LE-headed project you can find in a similar car, but please don't insult everyone by continuing to post excuses as to why Rick's car doesn't qualify as a 'real' result of a product and service. Yes, we all know it is well thought out, has a ton of hours of dedicated tuning and the attention to detail is staggering - does that make it any less of an example? What's ironic is that Rick will share with you what he's learned (unless you're competing with him, of course), AI will share with you what they know, but ultimately it is up to you and your own dedication, perserverence, the ability to buy what is needed (there's that money thing again), the ability to sift through the BS to separate the internet myths from reality, and the opportunity to talk to others that have been successful at what you want to achieve (sounds a lot like life, huh?).

The constant excuses and whining that Rick's car is a race car are what gets old, not the examples of folks who have the commitment to go fast.

If you only knew the story behind the 'vendor' status issue - you obviously don't, but it really doesn't matter anyway as it is clear you already have a set of heads. BTW, there are many vendors out there who do not support this site that have customers with VERY fast cars - you'd be foolish to exclude them as a source due to non-vendor status alone. Your choice though...

As a side note, the issue of customer service keeps coming up in these threads where performance examples are sought - we already know that LE and AI offer excellent customer service. Pep Boys offers me great customer service too, but I don't let that influence my decisions when it comes time to buy heads or have performance machine work done.
much?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 PM

SS MPSTR, twist what I said any way you want, I said my piece. Have a nice day.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
As one of the quicker/faster LE people that post on the board, I'm happy with my results. LE2 head / LE3 cam car.

Would Ai have made my car quicker w/ nothing changed in my setup? No clue really. My car is pretty basic. No fancy tuning, nothing special. Just a basic 355 w/ LE's stuff, a nicely matched and measured valvetrain, and a simple, but strong drivetrain.

All that said, I'm happy with my choice and good power can be made from their stuff. I look forward to continuing to work on my car and possibly hit a 10 second N/A pass with not too much more effort.

I'm pulling for ya. Your car runs great - said it before.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
much?
pot, meet kettle.

if you put as much effort into your car as you do posting silly gifs, your car might actually be fast.

Last edited by SS MPSTR; 06-27-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:06 PM

I'm pulling for ya. Your car runs great - said it before.
Appreciate it, thanks

I will say that my heart sinks when I see an LE car trapping barely 110 or just above. I'm starting to think that the owners are either broke, or clueless... or both.

My engine/car was put together in my garage, but nothing special y'know? I fail to see where other people are screwing up.. for God's sake I have a mail order tune!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
Appreciate it, thanks

I will say that my heart sinks when I see an LE car trapping barely 110 or just above. I'm starting to think that the owners are either broke, or clueless... or both.

My engine/car was put together in my garage, but nothing special y'know? I fail to see where other people are screwing up.. for God's sake I have a mail order tune!
W3rd, I went 118mph with a miss up top I could feel it falling on its face through the traps. And I'm in a full weight street car with 17x11's out back and 17x9's up front. Those LE2-LE3 cars should be hitting 120-123+.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Lol thats hillarious
Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 PM

If you do a search of the drag racing section or look on Ai's website, there is a customer that has 190cc heads and medium sized hyd roller that averages into the 120s. In great air it has gone 125mph in great air (this is a 6spd car).

An Ai customer with 200cc heads/SR has gone 6.79 at 99.X through a th350 with less than stellar air.

No should, woulda, coulda or someday statements involved.

Quick Reply: LE3 h/c vs. Adv. Ind. 200cc h/c