LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LE3 h/c vs. Adv. Ind. 200cc h/c

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:59 PM

I don't make shoulda, coulda, woulda, statements about my car.

All I have said was that I will continue working towards my 10 second N/A goal.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28

I don't think Sean was referring to you, Javier.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:37 PM

I was not referring to you. Other people in this thread...possibly.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Roger dodger.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:34 PM

I will say that my heart sinks when I see an LE car trapping barely 110 or just above. I'm starting to think that the owners are either broke, or clueless... or both.

I fail to see where other people are screwing up..
I'm right with you. I feel the same way when anyone with ported heads (done by a reputable person/place) and a cam do that.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:21 PM

Appreciate it, thanks

I will say that my heart sinks when I see an LE car trapping barely 110 or just above. I'm starting to think that the owners are either broke, or clueless... or both.

My engine/car was put together in my garage, but nothing special y'know? I fail to see where other people are screwing up.. for God's sake I have a mail order tune!
you made 4 great points in that post, i don't even have to say which ones they are. they are easy to spot.
i saw a post on ls1tech about a guy building a LE3 OR 4 (if there is such a thing) 383. he is hoping for (having trouble remembering) maybe 450rwhp at the lowest. some of you made posts in his thread, as did i. like they say, the proof is in the pudding (whatever they meant by that). well, all we can do is set back and watch and see if AI's newest head setup makes more power than mine will. the website is kind of out dated, if you have been looking for info. you might want to call and ask about it
Old 06-27-2007, 05:40 PM

I think both offer a great product and you can't go wrong with either. I have had LE heads, I considered CNC'd castings from Ai, but had a bad experience with them. All companies have nutswingers, thats what happens in the high performance industry. The debate will go on forever, but my take is that the difference is negligable, honestly do you guys think that there is some mysterious thing that makes one better then the other by more then +/-10hp....i think they are very comparable. Also there are so many hypocrites in both camps, bickering from some saying that LE's proven dyno numbers don't mean anything if they don't run some super time at the track, but are quick to throw out dyno numbers from an Ai car. Traps are an indication of power, but its not as universal as they would have you think, a proper setup car will out MPH a poorly setup car with more power. Look at shon herrons car, trap speeds are awesome for a bolt on car thats setup well, out mphs some H/C or cam only cars out there. The fact of the matter is, that heads don't make a car 60ft better, or shift better, or transfer weight. Both companies are dyno proven performers, the rest of the setup is up to you to do.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Zigroid
well then what would you suggest?
I would suggest you just accept the fact that both products are considered high end setups and you need to decide for yourself which one you go with. Nothing in the performance world is ever guaranteed.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I would suggest you just accept the fact that both products are considered high end setups and you need to decide for yourself which one you go with. Nothing in the performance world is ever guaranteed.
I never said either wasn't a top product. I decided years ago what I wanted and it will help me decide what I will do for my next setup. however, a nice engine dyno could really put some myths to rest... and youre right... make new ones for more controversy.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Seems there are more problematic posts about the LE stuff on here than success stories, and besides you I haven't read not a one LE setup that has been impressive ET wise. There's been a whole GAGGLE of dyno sheets and numbers... That just seems all too strange.
The one thing I just don't understand is this ongoing fad of posting up peak dyno numbers and nothing else.

Last edited by SS RRR; 06-28-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
The one thing I just don't understand is this ongoing fad of posting up peak dyno numbers and nothing else.
gotta have something to brag about, I suppose.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:53 AM

So when are all the AI nutswingers going to post up their results?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
I just have the heads sitting on my mantle...I think they look neat
Old 06-28-2007, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
You probably shouldn't start in with this until you get all those bugs that just all of the sudden appeared after the LE install and run some good ET's, don't ya think?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:41 AM

I completely agree, it does take time to work out the bugs on a car and get it right, but it seems some cars never run right. It's sad my old le1.5 heads and small Joe O cam could go 116.7 mph through a stalled auto and some of these 6 speed guys can't hit 114-115. I will say it's first pass down the track was a 12.12 at 111mph though, had to work out the bugs to get it down to the 11.71 at 116.7.

Originally Posted by tireburnin
If you do a search of the drag racing section or look on Ai's website, there is a customer that has 190cc heads and medium sized hyd roller that averages into the 120s. In great air it has gone 125mph in great air (this is a 6spd car).
My buddies old daily driver formula with LE3 cam'd, old le3 heads(smaller valves) went 121 mph in not so great da, with a BASE PCMFORLESS tune, stock 10 bolt w/ 208k miles on it, and on drag radials. Never weighed the car, but was probably around 3500lbs. It's sad he never finished the car, I wanted to see some 124-125mph traps out of it.

Quick Reply: LE3 h/c vs. Adv. Ind. 200cc h/c