LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LE3 h/c vs. Adv. Ind. 200cc h/c

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by jasonisdn
good luck at the track, hope you enjoy your car. mine is still in 150 pieces (or more)
Thanks, and good luck with your car. Having a car ripped apart is nothing new to me. Care to elaborate on your current buildup?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by 89385formula
Thanks, and good luck with your car. Having a car ripped apart is nothing new to me. Care to elaborate on your current buildup?
i'll pm ya
Old 06-29-2007, 08:00 AM

I just read this thread with my first morning coffee. What an interesting study in personalities! It beats watching Today or GMA for entertainment.

By the way, it's libel when you write it and slander when you speak it in front of others. I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express recently.

Regards,

Ernie
Old 06-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OldSStroker
I just read this thread with my first morning coffee. What an interesting study in personalities! It beats watching Today or GMA for entertainment.

By the way, it's libel when you write it and slander when you speak it in front of others. I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express recently.

Regards,

Ernie

Damn you an early bird to?

David

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 06-29-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by 96vortechSS
Ditto. Otherwise this thread needs to be closed.
I am not saying anything else in one of these threads. I only mentioned mine to show there are other options out there and I am not saying the ones I got are any better. A long time ago the cost of porting heads kept me from doing them for a while.

More competition in a given sector of heads usually leads to very competitive pricing and lots or r&d into port shape and design to outdo the competition. When only two companies are mentioned in a comparison post obviously there is not a lot of competition going on when they are very similarly priced. I don't see le or ai lowering their prices anytime soon or trying to one up the other. That is why there are the ai guys and the le guys - one may be marginally better than the other but not significantly enough to have a clear cut winner. It amazes me how much cheaper you can get ported ls1 castings fully aseembled for a hell of alot cheaper than the porting services (you supply the heads) rendered by these two companies. The ls1 has many more options available and lots of competition which is very good for the consumer - not so for the supplier. Just saying there are other options available...do your own research and draw your own conclusions - I am done.. and yes this thread does need to be closed
Old 06-29-2007, 11:34 AM

These arguments are pointless because even same track same day comparisons people just make excuses. Been there done that.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
These arguments are pointless because even same track same day comparisons people just make excuses. Been there done that.
That would make a good "PINKS" episode.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1LESSZ28
I am not saying the ones I got are any better.
Really?

Originally Posted by 1LESSZ28
Yeah really they are both good. but for my money I found heads that flow better than both le3 and ai200cc for half the cost of ai. It pays to shop around as I really wasn't impressed with either one for ~$2000 - far from a bargain in my book but everyone has their opinions on good head.

I agree that more choices the better - it drives the price down and is motivation for R&D. Your example of the LSx head market was a good example.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Banned

Competition makes it better for all of us.

David
Old 06-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

I didn't bother to read this thread initially, because it was obvious from the topic that it would deteriorate. And it has. I'm starting to get PM's about it..... so I'll have to start going through it and deleting the posts that resort to childish insults, name calling, and abuse of the language filter. Unfortunately, when these threads go in the crapper, its often the same people that put them there. So, I guess some corrective action is required as well.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Injuneer
...posts that resort to childish insults, name calling, and abuse of the language filter...
If people can't have a discussion without this, they need to leave or will be asked to leave. There is no place for any of that on this site. Never has been.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
What part of what I posted do you not understand? I guess a 4 tenth gain and 4mph gain with a worse 60' on my 1st pass ever on my new setup over my fully maxed out old heads/cam combo with my new combo that still has some bugs to work out is a bad gain.
So you're running 122mph (can't remember your old ET's before your new LE heads) through the traps with the new heads? You were running 118mph just before the LE heads w/ a BB cam, right? If that's the case then no I didn't see that and a big congrats!

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
SS RRR, what kind of "mediocre times" are we talking about with this emissions legal cam? How about some rough cam specs? Whats your full set-up include? Any flow #s or Dyno #s, even though they don't mean squat? What's the weight of your car?
Tell you what.. you give me the specs of your Joe O cam and I'll give you mine. Deal?
And the running of "mouths" part. Honestly all I read on this site from LE setups are "Help me/problems/LE setup and dyno numbers and there are a lot of pationate people on this site eager to defend a product that's produced a mass result of mid 12's @ ~110mph.

89385formula,
As stated I am neutral to both camps. I am only stating what I have observed.
I stated 99% faster than members of this site. Those times were run over 7 years ago. Times have changed.

Last edited by SS RRR; 06-29-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:14 AM

I am one of the B bodies Lloyd is talking about. 12.18 on stock suspension, off the shelf CC503 cam, and 4400lbs isint bad since I am giving almost a 1000 lbs to the camaros. Don't get me wrong AI has great products. I know several people with them and love the way their cars run. A good friend had an AI setup so I decided to go with Lloyd to compare with his AI setup. He runs low 11's in 95 Z at 3400lbs and I run low 12's at 4400lbs. I think with a little more tunning and good cool weather I can get an 11.90 out of the pig. I'm trying.
HVY SS
Old 06-30-2007, 07:42 AM

I try not to get in on these threads, but in respect to the Impala's, my buddy back home is running mid or high 11's with his pig and some LE2 stuff on a 355.

-Dustin-
Old 06-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Oh... since you've been astoundingly specific with your specs I'll do the same..
lesse.. the cam is 2xx and just a weeeeeeeeeee bit bigger on the exhaust side.. like 2xx w/ just a tinge more lift than a hotcam but less than a 306 but maybe close to a 305. Hell it may have more. I'm not quite sure. Heads are stock ported from some place in the US w/ flow numbers in the xxx @ xxx lift. Car weighs summ'rs around 3xxx and I run at certain drag strips here and there and everywhere on 93 octane.
Does that help?
That sounds just like my combo.......

Quick Reply: LE3 h/c vs. Adv. Ind. 200cc h/c