LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Lingenfelter

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 04:21 PM

Lingenfelter

Is their CAI any good? I know most intakes are the same, but is their anything bad about Lingenfelter's offering? Just wanting to know.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM

Re: Lingenfelter

Just another CAI to me.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 PM

it has a cheaper MSRP than anything else I have found.
Also, some people have claimed that it produces more power than the moroso, and the SLP.
Personally, I would rig my own up. Take some PVC pipe, and a K&N filter, and just create your own tubing and everything. I would personally do it this way, its cheaper, and then you can run it lower. If you have a piece of sheet metal, you can also create an air-duct on the bottom of the car to help it "suck" more air in.m This way you are getting more air from closer to the road which will probably be cooler.

Or buy one that will look semi-better (my friend made his own and painted it flat-black and it looks fine) and perform about the same.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:26 PM

just another CAI.....buy used there's no difference...even if the filter's dirty you can clean it.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:39 PM

I got my LPE CAI for free so I cant complain, but it does have the largest K&N filter of any CAI mass produced for LT1's. Its also usually the cheapest, but in my opinion built solid.

-Dustin-
Old 10-12-2006, 12:20 AM

It's OK. I really don't like the looks of it, but it works just fine like any other CAI. And yeah, the filter on it is massive.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:38 AM

any pictures of it installed?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:18 AM

This thread never goes away... Oh well... since someone asked I might as well whip it out...

These are more for showing the valve covers but you get the idea.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 AM

Its a well designed unit and it's one of the few (maybe the only, I don't know for sure) that comes in a 93 specific version too.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:01 PM

All the CAI's are pretty much the same. None in my opinion is superior to any of the others. If you have gotten a good price on it, and you don't want to make your own, I say go for it.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM

actually...the SLP units have the most flow capability and the largest filtration per square inch. also, they are specificly designed for the non-MAF cars in mind. you'll have to either grind a little of it away or cramp down the elbow to fit it with a MAF car. also, it's outlet pipe is 3 and 1/4" as opposed to 3" OD pipe...so it will definitely flow more...it's just a PITA to install if you're not prepared to either do some cutting or have someone to compress the elbow to fit the SLP unit. it also has a really nice clip that slides into the otherwise pointless bracket right behind the headlight...on the metal piece that mounts to the radiator bracket as well.

i've personally had 4 different CAIs on my car and the easiest, most appealing, most practical was the k&n...which i have now.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Severous01
actually...the SLP units have the most flow capability and the largest filtration per square inch.
What are you basing that on?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Severous01
actually...the SLP units have the most flow capability and the largest filtration per square inch. also, they are specificly designed for the non-MAF cars in mind. you'll have to either grind a little of it away or cramp down the elbow to fit it with a MAF car. also, it's outlet pipe is 3 and 1/4" as opposed to 3" OD pipe...so it will definitely flow more...it's just a PITA to install if you're not prepared to either do some cutting or have someone to compress the elbow to fit the SLP unit. it also has a really nice clip that slides into the otherwise pointless bracket right behind the headlight...on the metal piece that mounts to the radiator bracket as well.

i've personally had 4 different CAIs on my car and the easiest, most appealing, most practical was the k&n...which i have now.
The SLP is a good piece, but a PITA to deal with when installing/uninstalling.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:54 PM

Yea I was looking for a slp one, basepurely on how it looks, as I am pretty big into apperance, but this one was cheap, and I absolutly NEED it now, so wtf, can't hurt.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
Yea I was looking for a slp one, basepurely on how it looks, as I am pretty big into apperance, but this one was cheap, and I absolutly NEED it now, so wtf, can't hurt.
go for it....u can always make an air duct for it too....

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter