LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Lingenfelter CAI

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 09:00 PM

Lingenfelter CAI

I am looking at getting a cold air induction kit for my 1994 Pontiac Formula. I 've heard about the K&N, SLP, and the Moroso, but what about the Lingenfelter. Has anybody installed this
CAI on their car and is it as good as the others that I mentioned before. I would like to know if there is a 'seat of the pants improvement''. It costs only $159.00.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:08 PM

Its really the same unit as the morosso. Anything from lingenfelter is good.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:37 PM

Thtas what I'm going to probably get...I wish someone would do a group purchase on thsoe...
Old 07-15-2003, 09:40 PM

yeah i have the lingenfelter CAI on my car and there was a noticeable improvement. Better throttle response and it pulls stronger in the upper RPM's. It also comes with a huge K&N filter that takes up the whole area above the splashguard, unlike the smaller oddball shaped filter that comes with the moroso. It probably performs just as well as any other CAI. My only complaint is it hits the hood and makes it stick up a little, but it isn't that noticeable. Im going to see if i can hammer it down to make it fit better.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:42 PM

Anyone got a link to one of these CAI so I could take a look at it?
Old 07-15-2003, 10:21 PM

my ligenfelter cai was good for .3 tenths and 3 mph
Old 07-15-2003, 10:25 PM

http://quickresponse.us/coldair.htm

Check this out.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by Erik96z
yeah i have the lingenfelter CAI on my car and there was a noticeable improvement. Better throttle response and it pulls stronger in the upper RPM's. It also comes with a huge K&N filter that takes up the whole area above the splashguard, unlike the smaller oddball shaped filter that comes with the moroso. It probably performs just as well as any other CAI. My only complaint is it hits the hood and makes it stick up a little, but it isn't that noticeable. Im going to see if i can hammer it down to make it fit better.
Dude, don't hammer it down

I had the same problem with my K&N FIPK, I figured removing some of the hood insulation would help, so...

I put white body lotion on top of the K&N plastic bellow, lowered the hood, closed it, opened it up & voila, the lotion left a mark on the insulation, so I cut out what was marked...
BINGO!

It fits just fine now
Old 07-15-2003, 11:04 PM

I've never heard of the hood problem before...wierd considering I've helped install 2 of them and know 3 or 4 guys with them...
Old 07-15-2003, 11:18 PM

I have pics of the LPE CAI for 93 F bodies at the link in my sig. No problem with closing the hood either.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:05 AM

well i don't know whats up with mine then. The K&N CAI on the 94 i used to have didn't do this. It doesn't make the hood stick up that bad. I think i'll losen where the tube connects to the filter and try to get it down there further. Maybe it isn't down into the filter as far as it should be. oh and thanks for the tip Carlos93Z, but i have an SS hood and there is no insulation.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:25 AM

Most definitely NOT the same as the Moroso. Who ever told you that? I had a used Moroso for a while then jus wanted something different so I bought a new LPE. I like the LPE much much better. The filter for the LPE is a genuine K&N and is at least twice as big as the Moroso's filter. It sits lower too.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:00 AM

I've got the LPE unit on my car and love it. I dropped .2 seconds et and gained 2 mph in the 1/4 mile with it.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:19 AM

Lightbulb

I also have the Lingenfelter CAI...

...and like it a lot. I can't accurately talk about performance improvements as I don't drag race, but there was a noticable increase in throttle response. Granted the car 'feels' a little more 'eager' to gol, but this is probably more psychological than anything else given that except for the muffler, the car is stock. I'lll probably never tire of that pseudo-blower sound this intake has introduced under the hood...

This has already been mentioned, but the filter is HUGE I think this is a good thing
Old 07-16-2003, 06:56 AM

I have it got it about 2 years ago. The K&N is really big. You can't be the price. And think its lingerfelter. The best name for corvetteves pretty much and you get this product cheaper than the other cold air kits so why not. You know its a good name. And they are all basically the same, but this filter is good. Go for it

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter CAI