LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

A little help Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 06:19 PM

A little help Please

I just got my engine done. (Hot cam kit, JE pistons) We put it back into the car last night. I was wondering if anyone had some good diagrams the could put on here to show how the wireing harness goes for both sides of the block and the top.

Also what all do i need to do befor i start this thing? Makeing sure it has oil and every thing be for it starts?

and there is one sensor that i cant remeber were it goes?
It has a whole boot thing that slides over it. its silver and about the size of a half dollar . and it has in the center a thing that kinda reminds me of an ear drum ? it goes on the drivers side of the block too? What is it and i think it might mount right next to the motor mount but not forsure. and its not the knock sensor?
Old 03-27-2003, 07:00 PM

i think your sencor is a temp sencer car has 2 one in head one where you described
as far as the wires the harnss should lay over the engine and be pretty close to where they go all the plugs are differnt so iys hard to get wrong the injestors are all the same but should lay across the intake in order when you get started itll make sence

befor you fire up triple check all fluids all bolts and fluids again
Old 03-27-2003, 09:26 PM

That sensor is the oil presure sending unit, it's right above the oil filter, and that silver boot your talkin about, covers it.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:42 PM

thats probably right i was thinking on the passengr side be the starter
Old 03-27-2003, 10:43 PM

Alright i got most of the harness figured out . its just so much it kinda overwelmed my mind !!

Oil sending unit hu? i think i know what hole your talking about but if i remember right it didnt fit but i will try again

So nothing goes in the hole by the motor mount or right under the head both on the drivers side?
Old 03-27-2003, 10:56 PM

when you fire it up watch under the car for anything coming out if its an a4 dont forget the cooler lines