LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Lloyd or Lloyd buffs, can you take a look at these?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 01:01 PM

Re: Lloyd or Lloyd buffs, can you take a look at these?

While I can't really confirm/deny anything about those heads, I can tell you to watch out for the guy you bought those from.

He has an account here ...Lt1ta or something like that. He's shady at best... and seems to claim his engines/car parts are better than they are.

That's just my caution to you, from my experience with the guy.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by 69vette
Well a) you know your heads have stock valves b/c thats what the seller told the other guy who asked. b) in the ebay link you gave, the seller bought them off of a forum so who knows who actually got the heads done orig. c) the ebay auction said sold as is and all sales are final so idk about making him pay for a valve job. good luck though
If they have stock valves, they aren't LE2 heads. They might be LE1 heads, but they are consitterably less then $1000.

Loyd stamped RS (my initials) on my heads.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:28 PM

yeah i just remember the guy saying they were stock valves so i thought i might point it out. They are LE2 ports i think with the reg. valves or something. I bought some stuff off the guy and have had no problems with anything.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:36 PM

I believe the LE2's I got from Denny have stock valves...have to go back and reread his thread on making 445 rwhp with them, I'm sure he pointed out they were stock size valves...
Old 03-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beyonce Knowles
I just picked these up off of ebay. The guy said they are LE2 heads, but I'm not possitive I believe him. Those look like beehive springs to me, and they definately have been ported, but I was wondering if anybody can tell if they in fact are LE2 heads. I'll get some better pics once they come.
I figure if they aren't, at least ebay has a $1000 protection on there, so I'll just be out time at the worst. I probably get a valve job done, too, if they aren't stock size. (And make him refund me the cost) These are the pics from ebay, don't know how much you can tell from these.
http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/a6/74/2c_1_b.JPG
http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/a6/e8/6b_1_b.JPG
http://i16.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/a7/38/6c_1_b.JPG
#1 Ok IF they are stock valves they have the wrong locks on them..... I doubt that they are stock valves. They are most likely larger valves like a 2.00 intake and 1.56 exhaust.

#2 Don't go chaninging the valves to bigger valves when you get them and change the valve job, that will screw up the ports and the flow. If you want that done send them back to the head porter.... Valve Jobs don't have to berefreshed on a set of heads 99% of the time, most times you need new valves (that come with a 45* seat angle) and then you lap those valves in. I can't tell you how many times I see people take a good set of heads and throw a valve job on them just to screw them up and loose power.

When you get the heads take pictures of the bowl and the chamber with the valves out and down the intake port, and look for a stamp on them Lloyd should be able to tell then, your not going to know from these random Ebay pictures.... Ebay is a risk but you save money IF you get what you want. If not you go in the hole money wise.

Bret
Old 03-25-2005, 03:30 PM

Hopefully I can clear some things up. I was the one who originally bid on these heads and then retracted my bid after getting the info straight from the seller.

Here is a conversation of an a couple emails he sent me.

http://www.akgaming.com/~kendall/ebay/ebaywon.JPG
http://www.akgaming.com/~kendall/ebay/ebay.JPG

Pictures have been changed to better quality.

Last edited by Silvershark; 03-25-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silvershark
Hopefully I can clear some things up. I was the one who originally bid on these heads and then retracted my bid after getting the info straight from the seller.

Here is a conversation of an a couple emails he sent me.

http://www.akgaming.com/~kendall/ebay/ebaywon.GIF
http://www.akgaming.com/~kendall/ebay/ebay.GIF

I can't read the e-mails??? It's VERY blury.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:51 PM

basically the emails say it comes with stock valves and he is selling them how he bought them. He says he bought them off this forum a few months back and is resaleing them with the same info he was given and does not know if it is true or not.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:53 PM

Pictures have been edited. I changed them from .gif to .jpg.

I just didnt want to take a chance, since the seller did not know what he had.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Banned

Well after looking at that..... I wouldn't buy them.

Bret
Old 03-25-2005, 04:22 PM

yeah i guess he bought them and decided he wanted diff. ones or something so thats why i stayed away from them
Old 03-25-2005, 04:39 PM

The ex port looks like my work. It is hard to tell by that intake gasket are, it must have been a while back when i did them. If I could see the intake bowl, I could probably tell more about them.

Just give me a call or email and tell me who I did them for and I can tell you exactly what they where like when they left here.

FWIW, I could do a set of heads with stock valves and the bee hive set up for $900 plus shipping and cores. You would at least KNOW what you have and know it is set up correct. I understand that you saved core $$$ and waiting thiough.

If they turn out to be set up correctly and still in good shape (valve job, surface, seals, etc) it is not that bad of a deal.

Lloyd Elliott
972-617-5671
Eportworks.com
Old 03-25-2005, 05:11 PM

they may have even been back when you didn't have the stages like le2
Old 03-25-2005, 05:18 PM

Saying that something is "sold as is" does not absolve the seller of the crime of false advertisement. If those are LE heads, they should have had the valve job done.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NightTrain66
FWIW, I could do a set of heads with stock valves and the bee hive set up for $900 plus shipping and cores. You would at least KNOW what you have and know it is set up correct. I understand that you saved core $$$ and waiting thiough.
Here's the key to the whole thing.... are you really getting a bargin if the things are jacked up?

Bret

Quick Reply: Lloyd or Lloyd buffs, can you take a look at these?