LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

lookin at afr 215 raised runner heads...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:25 PM

Re: lookin at afr 215 raised runner heads...

Originally Posted by Denny McLain
Damn expensive hobby is all I’ll say. My wife would castrate me if she knew what I’ve spent over the last 20 years on cars.
Denny, it's funny you should mention that. As I read through this thread I was thinking to myself "Where do these guys get all this money....lol"
Old 12-02-2005, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mindgame
One thing that always gets me about life in general, whether it be cars, boats, whatever... is the difference in experiences people have had with identical products.
-Mindgame

Same here! I often wonder about that.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:20 AM

me too! :-) I didn't buy them, as I am kinda poor. I am lookin into porting my stockers now as they are getting some awesome numbers for less than half the price! Good enough on a street car for me!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 PM

I'm looking at getting some AI ported 215rr heads and I was wondering what rockers and lifters you guys were using?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by zaxon
I'm looking at getting some AI ported 215rr heads and I was wondering what rockers and lifters you guys were using?

This is a very old thread.

If your are serious about dropping the kind of coin required for a 215rr head, go with whatever Ai suggests. Let them spec lifters, cam, rockers intake, pushrods etc.

Do it as a package and your project will turn out better and cheaper in the long run. They won't steer you wrong.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:07 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I spent almost 2 weeks searching this forum for some insight into what works/worked.

I also thought it would be better posting in an existing thread than beginning an entirely new one just for the sake of me knowing who uses what lifters and rockers.

Thanks for the help Sean and I'll call AI when I get the money to get these heads.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I spent almost 2 weeks searching this forum for some insight into what works/worked.

I also thought it would be better posting in an existing thread than beginning an entirely new one just for the sake of me knowing who uses what lifters and rockers.

Thanks for the help Sean and I'll call AI when I get the money to get these heads.
I wasn't trying to belittle your question or your post, it is just a very setup specific answer as to what will work. Everyone has thier favorite part or manufac. and you are likely to get many different answers.

While all the answers have merit, the best way to get the power you are presumably looking for (by looking into 215rr heads) is to get a package that is designed and spec'd to work together. Ai can set you up with a quote for free. Give them a call and talk to them about your setup, goals and budget. 215rr may be your best or worst option. There may be newer or different heads that fit your goals best. Ai can help you figure out what you need and supply you with what works best.

Good luck with your search for info and your setup.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 PM

Finally someone used the search option and then he get's chastised lol.. just kidding!!!>. basically any top end is a package designed to work as a system.. sometime's you can get lucky mix matching stuff.. but it's best to be put together by someone who's familiar w/ what your doing.. If AIi has a package.. it's probably that way for a reason.. they won't do ya wrong.. There are other option's out there as well for heads of that caliber.. just gotta search..
Old 09-26-2007, 11:58 PM

Sean, Steve, seriously, thanks for helping me. I didn't mean to sound like an ***, I was trying to explain my rationale in this whole deal and I didn't word it err... properly.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:09 AM

Sean, Steve, seriously, thanks for helping me. I didn't mean to sound like an ***, I was trying to explain my rationale in this whole deal and I didn't word it err... properly.
No problem, it's better to ask a question than throw your money away. The forum is here to ask questions...ask away!