LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Looking for places that port heads....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:21 PM

Looking for places that port heads....

After reading this, im not too sure on going with Lloyds heads anymore.

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthre...hreadid=285555

(vejatabul's post)

I was looking into advanced inductions and was curious if anyone else has gotten their "Econo-Port LT1 Cylinder Head Package" and what the flow sheet on that package got? If anyone knows of any other companies doing this, i'd appreciate it.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:32 PM

Re: Looking for places that port heads....

Originally Posted by Pasky
I was looking into advanced inductions and was curious if anyone else has gotten their "Econo-Port LT1 Cylinder Head Package" and what the flow sheet on that package got? If anyone knows of any other companies doing this, i'd appreciate it.
Have you called Phil and spoken to him about their econoport product? AI's work is top notch, and even their 'econo' level is pretty damn nice.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Banned

That's interesting.... I've seen Lloyds stuff first hand and I don't think he would be in business if that was really the case, and it's not the case.

To me that almost looks like Slander in the legal sense. I'm willing to bet this guy hasn't even talked to Lloyd, because there is no way that he would say those things, it's just not the guys nature. I talk to him probably on a weekly basis on the phone and probably daily on e-mail.

Actually if you want I have pics of Ai, GTP, LE and tons of other head porters on my computer for reference. If's hard to tell the difference visually if I didn't tell you whos heads they were.

Ask around here a little more, I'm sure you are going to get a different opinion than of that knuckle dragger.

BTW anyone who has been in business long enough will have someone somewhere who doesn't like them. It's impossible to please all the people all the time. If you never have a problem with a customer, a head or a motor, you probably haven't had enough of them. EVERYONE has someone who doesn't like them.

Bret

Last edited by SStrokerAce; 03-23-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:38 PM

Im not meaning to down talk lloyd by any means or take away his business, but when I do hear something like that from a man I see post a lot of good information on that board and see he is in the same town as lloyd, you gotta admit, it makes you raise an eyebrow. To me $700 is a lot of change to throw down at once and I just want to get the most out of it. I havn't even spoken with Lloyd, I sent him a PM the other day but no response and I understand if he is busy as it would be best for me to call him. Im just trying to find my options. Once again, im not putting Lloyds work or business down, im just unsure.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:39 PM

Hrm, you take the opinion of one person over the opinion of tons of people who are nothing but thrilled with lloyds work?

Its hard to go a day in LT1 tech without someone posting how happy they are with lloyds work.

and that post your refering to is obviously crap.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:42 PM

This isn't the first post to talk down Lloyds work. Im not ignorant of whats around me. The good usually does out weigh the bad, perhaps this is too touchy of a subject for you.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:45 PM

edit: nm

Last edited by Valkyn71; 03-23-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pasky
Im not meaning to down talk lloyd by any means or take away his business, but when I do hear something like that from a man I see post a lot of good information on that board and see he is in the same town as lloyd, you gotta admit, it makes you raise an eyebrow. To me $700 is a lot of change to throw down at once and I just want to get the most out of it. I havn't even spoken with Lloyd, I sent him a PM the other day but no response and I understand if he is busy as it would be best for me to call him. Im just trying to find my options. Once again, im not putting Lloyds work or business down, im just unsure.
There are people that don't like me too man...... If they know me personally and hold that against me because of something I did then spread crap on a message board about it, they'll probably see me on their doorstep. Business is one thing telling some guy off in a bar because he's a a$$hole is another.... That would be a good example of someone not liking ME for personal reasons. I'm sure there are more people that hate me for being me than there are for Lloyd being Lloyd.

$700 is a chunk of change, so is the price difference between Lloyd and other guys so you might want to look at that too.

Hey go speak with Lloyd, see what you think of him, hell ask him about this guys deal and then make up your mind.

Having a open mind on things has never been something I have ever regreted.

Bret
Old 03-23-2005, 02:12 PM

Thumbs up Re: Looking for places that port heads....

I have been speaking with Lloyd every day this week via email and phone. He is a stand up guy in my book. I was looking to get my heads done by him but I was fortunante enough to find some already done by him on the board here. Even after I let him know that I decided to go with his heads from the board here instead of through him he was still willing to help me with any questions I had plus info he thought I may need when installing them.

I have not spoken with any other head company out there that caters to their customers like Lloyd does.

Old 03-23-2005, 02:14 PM

I agree 100%, I wanted to gauge the thoughts of people on this board and still plan to speak with Lloyd, in fact, I was hoping Lloyd himself would see this and give me some insight, for all i know, this may have been when Lloyd was starting out or perhaps Lloyd even had someone else do some at some point. Who knows. I am definatley going to speak with both. As far as the difference in price between the two companies, like I said earlier, I just want the money to count, I don't want to be cheap.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:44 PM

If you are looking at alternatives check out www.dragonrace.com, call them up and ask them about pricing/flow #'s. The man in charge is Peter, and the guy who would be doing the port work is Lonnie. I can't say enough about their work, great service, great people

adam
Old 03-23-2005, 02:45 PM

Lonnie, that sounds familiar.....
Old 03-23-2005, 02:55 PM

I doubt it, they are in colorado. He is getting some awesome flow #'s out of stock heads.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:55 PM

I know a Lon.....ahhhh, im thinking Lon from Top Down Solutions.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by sniffin94
If you are looking at alternatives check out www.dragonrace.com, call them up and ask them about pricing/flow #'s. The man in charge is Peter, and the guy who would be doing the port work is Lonnie. I can't say enough about their work, great service, great people

adam
hmmm, these guys are about 10 miles from me. though I have heard at least 20 people who love the port work done by Lloyd, and maybe one or two that don't like his work, but neither of them actually have heads worked on by him. I still would like to go through him when I am ready to have head work done.

Quick Reply: Looking for places that port heads....