LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Looking for places that port heads....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:12 PM

Re: Looking for places that port heads....

Dave one walk into Dragon race and you will sell your soul. Their website isn't very up to date on hteir project cars, you should stop in and talk to peter, lonnie or chris. I used to work with lonnie and they are building my new motor. If you go tell them Adam from florida sent you (lonnie's cousin)
Old 03-23-2005, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by sniffin94
If you are looking at alternatives check out www.dragonrace.com, call them up and ask them about pricing/flow #'s. The man in charge is Peter, and the guy who would be doing the port work is Lonnie. I can't say enough about their work, great service, great people

adam

Not far from me either. I have never used them, but do hear good things about them.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:23 PM

I have to say Lloyd has done just about everyone I know LT1 heads and not one has come back with no problems.Thats 4 sets of them. I just installed mine over the weekend, they looked great.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by chevy1963
I have to say Lloyd has done just about everyone I know LT1 heads and not one has come back with no problems.
What kind of problems did they have?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Banned

Good catch on that.... I think we know what he means.

Lloyd is probably grinding on heads so he might be on later.

Bret
Old 03-23-2005, 05:54 PM

No problem, i actually anticipate his positive response. Just hope he doesn't see me coming off with the wrong foot.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:36 PM

Not sure who veg. is but since he is only 30 minutes away, I will see if we can meet up and maybe I can figure out WHAT THE HELL HIS PROBLEM IS.

I will have to register on that site but I will sned a PM tonight and see when we can meet up.

As far as his comments, LOL, who knows, maybe he is taking something out of context or maybe he just like running his di*k suker. Maybe we can meet up tomorrow and find out which one it is. Not sure whi it is but if they are in any way competing with by businees, that could explain some of the lies.

Anyone that has seen my work will attest that I am NOT a person to do whatever he is talking about. I put my reputation on every set of heads that leave my shop and the customer reviews, dyno #'s and track times show that.

Not sure how you can call removing over 30 c's from an intake port in any way a "lightly port job" or what ever he is talking about. I am not sure how you explain my "light portwork" making people believe their car is much faster and dyno better but I guess I can somehow do that ccording to this guy.

Lloyd Elliott
972-617-5671
Eportworks.com
Old 03-23-2005, 09:38 PM

Pasky,

I get 15-30 emails everyday and answer ALL of them. I spend about 2 hrs online each nite doing them.

Not sure how I missed yours or why you did not get my response.

Send me another one or give me a call. I have been swamped in the shop so leave a # and message if there is no answer.

Lloyd Elliott
Eportworks.com
Old 03-23-2005, 09:49 PM

I can vouch for Lloyd... I havent' even gotten my heads ported yet, but every e-mail I sent was answered within 24 hours and he gave me a very accurate description of what I would need and gave good suggestions as well, so I could see how much everything was going to cost. One e-mail from him should change your mind, he knows his stuff. Hopefully in April I can put my car to rest for long enough to get the heads ported.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:02 PM

Lloyd has been very helpful and answers each mail. He returned my calls quickly, sometimes playing phone tag!Never did he ever try to talk me into buying more or buying expensive parts I didn't need.He even gave me a credit toward my CM612 springs for 987 Double springs I bought in the group purchase. Instead he listened to what I had to work with and we went from there.
Stand up guy? Hell yeah, he is. I just got my intake ported by him and hope to get the motor in after I paint the engine bay. I never once worried about any of his work. Ever. I am beginning to wish I would have went with a head/cam package instead for fear of my current 233/239 cam being to small, but we'll see....
Old 03-23-2005, 10:07 PM

I got a set of heads from Lloyd early this summer, and they looked great! I showed them to a few local porters, and they were all very impressed, especially for what I paid. If you look out there, people are making some awesome power, both reflected in dyno numbers and track results with Lloyd's stuff. This is the first that i have seen someone knock Lloyd's work where it hasn't been someone with a chip on their shoulder about paying twice for the same results.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:53 PM

Just hope he doesn't see me coming off with the wrong foot.[/QUOTE]

He might not but I sure did.

Dean
Old 03-23-2005, 11:02 PM

Great Service and Great Work from Lloyd! Nuf Said.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:54 AM

We got the other thread straitened out. The comments were made from "he said, she said" kinda thing and I guess he was going stricktly by something he was told and not by what he saw/heard so he removed the comments.

I am still waiting to find out the person that supposedly said these thiungs ro him. So far, this guy doesn't have a name and according to Vej, I would probbly not remember saying these things.

I told him I would like to know who told him this and meet tghem in person. Maybe after a brief conversation I could "jar his memory" and he would remember what was actually said if a conversation ever took place.

Regardless, the post was edited and does not contain any thing but facts.

Anyone looking for portwork options other than myself can try Advanced Induction, Combination Motor Sports or TEA. I have seen heads from this group and they all look good/flowed well.

There are other reputablke shops out there but I have not seen all of their work so I can't honestly recommend them since I have not seen the work first hand. I have seen work from other shops and are not mentioning them since I was hardly impressed with the work. It would be hard to go wrong with any of the 3 names mentioned.

Lloyd Elliott
Eportworks.com
Old 03-25-2005, 09:50 AM

I'll be another one to vouch for Lloyd. I spent a few weeks working with him to pick out the best combo for my budget, and he was extremly helpful the whole time. His emails were always very detailed and he really seemed to understand my needs. I ended up buying a set of (what were described as) his heads off ebay, and he has even been helpful with that, even though he is not making any money off of it.

Quick Reply: Looking for places that port heads....