LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Love my LTCC!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 02:25 AM

Love my LTCC!!!!!

WELL I just installed an LTCC unit in my car. All i can say is wow, SO DAMN SMOOTH!! The acceleration feels so much more controlled, and the idle seems so much smoother. Cheers to Bob Baily on a great product!! I would recommend it to anybody!!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:22 AM

How old were the ignition components you replaced??
Old 10-18-2008, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
How old were the ignition components you replaced??
The opti I had replaced about 5 years ago when I first bought the car. I had also added an MSD6AL and a MSD blaster coil. But even with the MSD equipment it still didn't feel as smooth and responsive as it does with the LTCC. BTW my MSD6AL is for sale
Old 10-18-2008, 11:10 AM

Not trying to be an *** but IMO you need to at least consider some of the gains were due to the old cap and rotor being worn.

This is a pet peeve of mine where folks replace worn out ignition components with new stuff and then give the credit for the improv ement to the brand of new parts used when "NEW parts are at least as much responsible for the improvement as the exact part numbers choosen.

Glad you are happy with your mod.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by BlackBird97
The opti I had replaced about 5 years ago when I first bought the car. I had also added an MSD6AL and a MSD blaster coil. But even with the MSD equipment it still didn't feel as smooth and responsive as it does with the LTCC. BTW my MSD6AL is for sale
How much? Where are you?

c
Old 10-18-2008, 05:55 PM

Not trying to be an *** but IMO you need to at least consider some of the gains were due to the old cap and rotor being worn.

This is a pet peeve of mine where folks replace worn out ignition components with new stuff and then give the credit for the improv ement to the brand of new parts used when "NEW parts are at least as much responsible for the improvement as the exact part numbers choosen.

Glad you are happy with your mod.
Meh I know what you mean. But in five years I've only put about 6k on the car. So i can't imagine the cap/rotor would be too messed up. Either way it's noticeably different. To me at least
Old 10-18-2008, 10:43 PM

Sitting causes a lot of condensation/corrosion so it might not have been as pristine as you thought. Still glad you are happy.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:34 AM

Sitting causes a lot of condensation/corrosion so it might not have been as pristine as you thought. Still glad you are happy.
Yeah I realize that. Especially in the wild Chicago climate. Just curious what's your beef with after market opti products? Not trying to start a fight, just want to know? Have you ever tried one? LTCC or Delteq, or anything else for that matter? BTW you've got some awesome times, what else do you have done to the car?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by BlackBird97
Yeah I realize that. Especially in the wild Chicago climate. Just curious what's your beef with after market opti products? Not trying to start a fight, just want to know? Have you ever tried one? LTCC or Delteq, or anything else for that matter? BTW you've got some awesome times, what else do you have done to the car?
for every action there is an oppisite or equal reaction...

Good to here your happy with it... If you don't mind me asking... What did everything cost to convert?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ZL1modified
for every action there is an oppisite or equal reaction...

Good to here your happy with it... If you don't mind me asking... What did everything cost to convert?
I got the LTCC brand new for 399.00 from Bob Baily, coils/harness from Hawks third gen $120.00, wires I believe were $50.00 from JEGS, and then I bought the coil relocation brackets from Thunder Racing for $45.00. Came together nicely, was a very clean install.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:02 AM

any pics?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:25 AM

fyi: if you have the vented opti...
I know first hand that if your vacuum vent system for your opti is damaged or disconnected (for whatever reason) that this will damage your sensor...
I installed a brand new opti and I've had to replace the sensor on it because the line came out and only took ~2k miles to mess it up... i replaced the sensor with the one from my old opti and so far so good...

Just some food for thought as the ltcc system still uses the optical sensor...
Old 10-19-2008, 11:01 AM

I just hate to see guys spend a lot of money reinventing wheels that work fine.

Even the MSD opti lovers are begining to come around, one guy who constantly argued with me on that just had to pull one off at 4K miles for excessive endplay and put a 17k mile used Delco on to fix the problem.

I think folks are too quick to jump on bandwagons. There are guys taking slightly modded optis way beyond the pcm's capabilities.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:55 PM

I tried a delteq. It was nothing but problems. Which was made worse by the lack of customer service. I switched back to a vented opti with an msd cap and rotor. no problems so far.
Kory
Old 10-19-2008, 01:36 PM

well what about the extra rpm potential? Im sure that the LTCC has a nice smooth and strong spark in the high rpm range, where most opti's seem to fail/or be not as smooth and loss of power.

Quick Reply: Love my LTCC!!!!!