LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LS1 CAI (lid) set up on an LT1

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 08:40 AM

LS1 CAI (lid) set up on an LT1

I am seriously considering changing the air intake set up from the dual coned SLP CAI to the LS1 style LID SLP intake.

I have a feeling this would give me a better quality and amount of air.

I believe all I need for this is an LS1 radiator support but I am not having any luck finding one (tried ebay)

I also have the SLP Ultra Z hood which has a functional scoop but I still feel the LS1 system would be better.

Any input on this would be appreciated

Thank you
Old 05-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Administrator

How many times are you going to post the same question? This is the third post, on the third different forum. I closed one of the others and told you we preferred you don't post on multiple forums.

I also answered your question by telling you that this subject has been covered several times on the LT1 Based Engine Tech forum, and in response you asked me to give you the links. My response is that you should do a "search", because that is what I would have to do to find you the links.

You are the one with the question. You have to do the "search".

Last warning on multiple posts.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:35 PM

Hey man the truth is ive have a few friends with functional hoods and they pull in about the same. The price would not be worth it. Also no matter what you do you are going to have to pass the cold air sensor and the throttle body. It does not matter how much air you have comming through if you dont have a throttle body large enough. Also you can go to large on this also which would kill velocity and probably hurt torque quite a bit. Just slap on a lingenfelter cold air kit which i bought for 160 and i gained about fifteen horses. Now a thought would be if you were crazy enough i know a buddy that has a cold air kit and has a functional hood and he installed a tube that ran down to cool his radiator off a little more. He had to install a fine screen in it but he said he gained a few horses. I definatley wouldnt buy a new radiator and spend five hundred dollars only to get maybe five horses.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:40 PM

Provided your hood offers enough clearance, the LS stuff bolts right on. Rad support is the same between both cars. Here is my car from about 8 years ago with LS front and LS K&N FIPK. Stock rad support....

Name:  WhiteZEngine1.jpg
Views: 3400
Size:  52.0 KB
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 PM

Its Dejavu all over again.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:44 PM

Injuneer - I attempted the search feature and it did not work. Please stop stalkng my posts, its pretty ridiculous.

Slick Z - I have no intentions of purchasing a new radiator. But I received word that I would need the LS1 radiator support in order to install the 'lid' intake set up. Instead of the air coming from the left side of two cones I have a strong opinion in which the intake set up of an LS1 would be more sufficient. The amount of air and the direction of the flow seem substantially beneficial VS the winding of a SLP or lingenfelter set up.

Ryan - thanx for the pic but I don't want to rely solely on the hood as the entry for the air. I think the colder air lies near the ground and the amount of air collected from the LS1 SLP CAI set up is greater then the set up from your car.

I will do some more investigating and have this set up.

Once I do I will be sure to share my results with the camaroZ28.com family.

Thank you all that provided CONSTRUCTIVE information.

Greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by hozb817
Injuneer - I attempted the search feature and it did not work. Please stop stalkng my posts, its pretty ridiculous.
You should practice using the search feature then. I did a 10 second search and came up with 20 threads with the information you are looking for.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:11 PM

It has been covered. Search and you'll find the threads. Also look on LS1tech.com, lots of good stuff over there too.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:36 PM

I also would take any advice injuneer gave you. I also did a search and pulled up a bunch of threads. The search bar is your friend and alot of guys on here are very knowledgeable injuneer being one of them.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:06 PM

Ram Air - I did the same search and found next to nothing about what I was asking for. So please if you could share your 'search' I would be more then happy to give it another shot. Maybe after 3,829 post I will get better at the search field. till then ...

Slomarao - I attempted the search and am just not finding what I am looking for. I will try ls1 tech too.

Drew24 - thanx for um ... nothing.

Wow this forum is getting ridiculous. What ever happened to you post a question and you get an answer or a decent reference to one.

What are we on mustang.com?

I really look forward to getting a reply that is actually relevant to my inquiry.

Or as I am familiar with ... if you want something done right you just have to figure it out yourself. I think I was farther along before I even asked anything.

What a waste of time.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:17 PM

I think you need to calm down for one you can only help those who allow you to help them. Also why would i help someone who is insulting this site or the people on here.

Like everyone said this issue has been done to death and yet you refuse to do a search. Searching is not that complicated for as much as you typed insulting this site you could have found your answer easily.

Last edited by Drew24; 05-16-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:24 PM

I tried the search ... why don't you give it a try "ls1 intake on lt1" and you tell me what you find.

I also tried this one ... "LS1 lid on LT1"

am I wording something wrong here?

In the amount of time each of you had analyzed my post you could have quickly posted a link to something you had supposedly found.

Instead its just "use the search ... learn how to search ... etc"

what gives man?

I am just trying to make my idea become a reality.

I don't need a lecture or someone babysitting my posts.

If anyone has been insulting ... its the responses with out answers.

So disappointed in this sight's members right now.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:34 PM

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...+intake+on+Lt1

if that doesnt answer your questions then go to search advance type in Ls1 intake on LT1 make sure you search the post titles and lt1 based engine tech.

Also if you go through advance that will narrow your searches so you can find specifics of what you want to search. Also next time instead of insulting people for stocking right off the bat i would ask what you dont get about the search.

Everyone on here will try to help you as best as they can. But whats the point of posting something over and over. Thats why the search exists and if you have questions after searching then post something new about the issue your having or question and everyone would be glad to help

Last edited by Drew24; 05-16-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:38 PM

wow thank you soo much ... was that soo hard?

and did you notice what the other members replied with?

Links and referrals to websites RIGHT AWAY ... no "use the search etc"

Now that is helpful stuff.

Take notes here people!!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 PM

Thats because it has been done to death and you criticized everyones answers. Also i would stop that cockiness because I wont be surprised if some people on here will stop helping you because of it.

Why should we search for you when you can do it yourself? when its a question as common as this

Last edited by Drew24; 05-16-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: LS1 CAI (lid) set up on an LT1