LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LS1 forum growing faster every day. What will happen to the LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by jcolez28
I thing almost every subject has been covered in full in the Lt1. So people are doing searches to get help. Im scared to post becouse someone always says" do a search a$$ wipe!"
If you are serious, let me know immediately when you see something like that. NOBODY should be afraid to ask questions here and if you see others responding like that, let me know and we'll deal with it.

There are a lot of questions that might be the same but it doesn't hurt to ask the SAME question again... there might be new products out there, new members here with different opinions, etc. There are MANY cases where asking the same question that was asked a month or two ago is appriopriate. If asking for a part number for x part and it was asked a month ago then, yeah, a search would have been better to get your answer rather than ask the question again. But, a question a month or so ago like "What's the best cat-back" may warrant being asked again. This is typically an opinion type question (unlike a part number type question for example) and with new products and new members, even though the same question gets asked you'll get a different set of answers. So, in that case, while many of you get sick of seeing the "cat-back" questions, it is good and healthy for the board

But, again, to stress what I said above, if you or anybody see people replying in a rude manner like that, all you have to do is hit the "report post" button at the bottom of the reply and I'll deal with it

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2004, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by jcolez28
I thing almost every subject has been covered in full in the Lt1. So people are doing searches to get help. Im scared to post becouse someone always says" do a search a$$ wipe!"
Tell them to eat colon caulk. "The only stupid question is then one not asked." Searching is great, but it has it limitations. Search for TB or A4 for example...oh wait you can't it's below the three character minimum. Especially if your not 100% sure what it is your looking for, searching may not be all that useful.

EDIT: BTW don't ACTUALLY tell them to eat colon caulk, its rude and probably violates the rules of the forum. Just illustrating a concept
Old 03-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Montezuma, I'll also add that the growing of the LS1 forum is probably due to the termoil at LS1.com... people get tired of that so might be migrating here instead. So, it wouldn't necessarily mean that the LT1 is going to its grave... just that the LS1 people might be spending more time here than at the other LS1 specific boards
Old 03-13-2004, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by Brent94Z
Montezuma, I'll also add that the growing of the LS1 forum is probably due to the termoil at LS1.com... people get tired of that so might be migrating here instead. So, it wouldn't necessarily mean that the LT1 is going to its grave... just that the LS1 people might be spending more time here than at the other LS1 specific boards
Some people are slow, they're just now figuring out this is the BESTEST board? Even I figured that out, oh well...

Old 03-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Brent94Z
If you are serious, let me know immediately when you see something like that. NOBODY should be afraid to ask questions here and if you see others responding like that, let me know and we'll deal with it.

There are a lot of questions that might be the same but it doesn't hurt to ask the SAME question again... there might be new products out there, new members here with different opinions, etc. There are MANY cases where asking the same question that was asked a month or two ago is appriopriate. If asking for a part number for x part and it was asked a month ago then, yeah, a search would have been better to get your answer rather than ask the question again. But, a question a month or so ago like "What's the best cat-back" may warrant being asked again. This is typically an opinion type question (unlike a part number type question for example) and with new products and new members, even though the same question gets asked you'll get a different set of answers. So, in that case, while many of you get sick of seeing the "cat-back" questions, it is good and healthy for the board

But, again, to stress what I said above, if you or anybody see people replying in a rude manner like that, all you have to do is hit the "report post" button at the bottom of the reply and I'll deal with it

Thanks!
I gotta agree, Brent. Nothing is more aggravating than posting something, only to come back to your thread and finding one reply, and it reads "Do a search. This has been covered before." If someone can take the time to write something useless like that, they surely could have taken the time to answer the question in the first place.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:55 PM

It'll be a long time before LT1's become obsolete. I think the reason LS1 forum is growing is because the older ones 98-00 are finally becoming affordable to guys looking to keep reasonably low car payments. It's still far cheaper to mod a LT1 but at least now some of us blue collar folks can afford to buy a LS1.

One day LS1's will be cheap to mod and only 4-5k to buy the car. When that happens the LT1 will probably lose some of it's fan base but thats the nature of time. 50 years from now not too many people will be driving LT1's or LS1's. There will be a few collectors or die hard enthusiasts but in the end we all get replaced by something.

Boy now I'm depressed. I hope they bring back the Camaro/Firebirds. This would be a shame if we ended a part of american history here. But if they don't at least they ended with a sweet looking set of cars.

A black LT1/LS1 WS-6 or SS are fine looking and running american muscle.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:32 PM

Cool

In afew years(if you keep the car long enough),the LT1 will be smog exempt,long before the LS1.Think about it,and parts will be cheaper as well.(30 years?)Idunno.Imagine,having a car paid off,and still be able to take the wife and kids on a bitchin vacation,and not having to worry about car payments,but still have dough for mods.Sounds sweet to me.Anybody else?(everybodies happy).
Old 03-14-2004, 03:01 PM

I don't think straight gas cars will be legal in 30 years
Old 03-14-2004, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by Anti-Blinging
LT1 was kinda short lived. Small production cars for a short number of years.
Correct me if I'm wrong but....

93-97 LT1's = 5 years
98-02 LS1's = 5 years

At least in the F-Body. LT1 was actually introduced in the 92 Vette. LS1 is still being produced, so it's got us there.

Still, for the performance, a LT1 can't be beat right now. $5K will get you a NICE condition car to start having fun with.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:20 PM

I totally see what you're saying, but I was just in the mindset that this is primarily an F-Body board, as as such the numbers would be relatively the same.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:43 PM

It will lose fans simply cause the LS1's are getting more affordable and put down more hp stock. Its really all up to technology when the Lt1 falls out of the picture. But as long as there's 400-500hp LT1's roaming the street's there will be plenty of fans for the LT1. Just the same for the LS1 once it gets a little cheaper to mod. Im sure GM engineers are working on a replacement as we speak for the lS1. Thats just part of designing and building better engines. But for now a nicely modded LS1 doesnt net enough more hp over the Lt1 for me to get rid of mine and buy an LS1. I will just keep modding mine until they come out with a new vehicle capable of 400-500hp and still be streetable. Maybe GM will suprise us. At least lets hope so