LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT1 Alternator Relocation Bracket TESTING

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 12:53 PM

I would think you could run a very short belt just running the alternator for drag use?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by T/A lt1
I would think you could run a very short belt just running the alternator for drag use?
That is a possibility, I dont know what kind of belt would work, but I bet it could be made to happen. Good idea, never thought of that
Old 05-05-2004, 03:16 PM

looks pretty good. I've got the other bracket from Speed Specialty that's a hacked up stock bracket. It's not on yet but hopefully it's as good as the setup you've got. I went with the other since I've already ditched the A/C.

What's up with the silicone on your exhaust gaskets? Most don't use gaskets and silicone...just one or the other and even then I've never seen anyone use it on the exhaust ports.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by OutKast

What's up with the silicone on your exhaust gaskets? Most don't use gaskets and silicone...just one or the other and even then I've never seen anyone use it on the exhaust ports.
Its called Dynatech headers suck donkey *******. They have leaked every year I have had them. I went to town on them this year. Needless to say, I dont have a single leak with the copper and the Breslin bolts. Good eye
Old 05-05-2004, 10:31 PM

lol, figured it had to be something along those lines. I had a buddy with a 94 that had alot of trouble with leaks with his FLPs. Ended up cutting the header flanges so that it bolts in as three separate pieces. No more leaks after that.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:10 AM

Thats actually the next step if they give me problems again
Old 05-06-2004, 11:42 AM

I got my car fired up last night with the alternator relocation on and it works very well. There is no wobble at all in the belt, runs perfectly straight. Now I need to find some nice looking valve covers.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:22 PM

<-- Using Paper gaskets only with my Dynatechs. No problems here, I think they're really good headers.

You're the only other person I know that has them

Originally posted by dreamer1q
Its called Dynatech headers suck donkey *******. They have leaked every year I have had them. I went to town on them this year. Needless to say, I dont have a single leak with the copper and the Breslin bolts. Good eye
Old 05-06-2004, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by ZPaul2Fresh8
<-- Using Paper gaskets only with my Dynatechs. No problems here, I think they're really good headers.

You're the only other person I know that has them
Honestly they are a good header, they have just given me fits. But for quality of workmanship, and construction they are nice. I just wish they would cooperate a little with me. Dosent help having the 1 7/8 primary, and it wants to fight with the leaking piece of crap Canton oil pan. But I believe I finally have them all playing nice together.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:55 PM

<--- Post count 1234
Old 05-07-2004, 06:52 AM

yeah, why do you need diff. bolts? What type of belt do you have to run? not stock i guess. does the stock tensioner still work for the belt? can you get a new pully that is on the top bracket if the bearings go bad?thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by 94TA_LT1
yeah, why do you need diff. bolts? What type of belt do you have to run? not stock i guess. does the stock tensioner still work for the belt? can you get a new pully that is on the top bracket if the bearings go bad?thanks
I dont know what you are referring to with the new bolts thing.

The stock tensioner still works and is needed to run it.

The belt will depend on what your current pulley setup is like. We currently know of 2 different belts, one for stock pulleys, and one for underdrive pulley on the alternator.

I also dont understand your question about another pulley and bearings, please be more clear.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:16 AM

the idler pully (where the alt. used to be) has bearings and they eventually go bad. is that a stock pully off something else? can you replace it. as far as the belt, if i had everything stock could i just bolt up that kit or would i need a new belt? make sense now?
Old 05-07-2004, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by 94TA_LT1
the idler pully (where the alt. used to be) has bearings and they eventually go bad. is that a stock pully off something else? can you replace it. as far as the belt, if i had everything stock could i just bolt up that kit or would i need a new belt? make sense now?
Yep, that makes more sense

The pulley up top I have no idea about. I have to speak to the makers of this in the next few days and I will ask them about it. I dont see why it cant be replaced. But I dont have the specific info you are looking for on that one, yet.

The belt does have to be changed, and like I said above, we know of two different lengths right now. If you have a different pulley setup then the ones we currently know the belt size for, then you would have to measure it and get the belt that way. Napa has been very easy to work with when it comes to finding belt sizes. Unfortunatly we only had my setup with a underdrive pulley on the alternator, and a fellow friends totally stock setup to measure off of when these were fabbed up. So anyone who does buy one, and has a different setup then the ones I listed above will have to measure it. I would also appreaicate it if someone does have a different setup then above, that they post the belt size that they had to use. That way we can make record of it for future users.

Thanks
Q
Old 05-07-2004, 03:30 PM

thanks for the help man. yeah i am really interested in getting this, but i want to check everything out first. Can you pst the belt lengths so i will know what to buy if i change my current setup or even the napa nu8mber if you have it. Let me know when you find out about that idler pully because i want to make sure i can go to napa and get a new one when the high rpms kill its bearings. I will probably just buy one to have as a spare

Quick Reply: LT1 Alternator Relocation Bracket TESTING