LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT1 "cam only" dyno record

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
So you're building a dyno queen by using the correction factor that gives the highest #'s and you have no track #'s to back it up?
QFT

bring on the dyno queens

Track #'s are all that matter.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
hey *****... bring that bitch down to louisiana and race frank and see what happens....

and yea a "cam only" car is a car with full bolt on's (lifters RR's etc) and a cam and UNTOUCHED HEADS! that is what a cam only car consists of. if u throw nitrous, a blower/turbo in the mix it isnt cam only nemore and if u touch the heads watsoever, it is not a "cam only car" nemore.
But their car will outdyno franks car with all their dyno tricks and everyone knows thats all that matters.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:54 PM

i got 360 with k&n and exhaust only with the 306cc
Old 12-19-2006, 09:46 AM

352/364 SAE here with the XE224/236. Car still has shorties, stock water pump, and full catback with muffler and no cutout. Heads never been off.

I can't remember the STD #'s but from what I've seen those are usually a bit higher than the SAE #'s.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by future lt4 383
i got 360 with k&n and exhaust only with the 306cc
At the flywheel maybe, I find it hard to believe those are rwhp #'s.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:18 PM

So you're building a dyno queen by using the correction factor that gives the highest #'s and you have no track #'s to back it up?
Did I say the record is for the highest dyno numbers in the correction factor of my choosing (with track # that will make everyone happy)?

...I'm against FULL tuning on the dyno. So, this is no dyno queen. Just trying to break the cam only LT1 record, for the hell of it. Why not? It will just help bring more respect to the LT1 engine. Bad enough that everyone skips them to build gen III stuff. There is more potential in a stock LT1 intake than a stock LS1 intake (not ls6), IMO. The LT heads can be made to do most anything.

I already told you the next dyno session will use a SAE correction factor. What more do you want, blood?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by mad scientist
Did I say the record is for the highest dyno numbers in the correction factor of my choosing (with track # that will make everyone happy)?

...I'm against FULL tuning on the dyno. So, this is no dyno queen. Just trying to break the cam only LT1 record, for the hell of it. Why not? It will just help bring more respect to the LT1 engine. Bad enough that everyone skips them to build gen III stuff. There is more potential in a stock LT1 intake than a stock LS1 intake (not ls6), IMO. The LT heads can be made to do most anything.

I already told you the next dyno session will use a SAE correction factor. What more do you want, blood?
YES!! and we wont be happy with anything else!... j/p dude... interested in the SAE #'s hope u do well
Old 12-19-2006, 09:54 PM

Bad enough that everyone skips them to build gen III stuff.
If you would have gone to PRI last weekend you would realize why, the LSX aftermarket is growing fast as hell, while all LTX guys have to look at is a worthless edelbrock intake manifold.
There is more potential in a stock LT1 intake than a stock LS1 intake (not ls6), IMO. The LT heads can be made to do most anything.
No one uses a stock LS1 intake, they all use the fast or LS6. And most cam only LS1's make more power than most H/C LT1's. And if you were at the PRI show last weekend you would realize the LTX aftermarket is a ****ing joke compared to the LSX aftermarket. Hell most big companies were displaying LSX heads and blocks.

Track #'s.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:05 PM

If you would have gone to PRI last weekend you would realize why, the LSX aftermarket is growing fast as hell, while all LTX guys have to look at is a worthless edelbrock intake manifold.

No one uses a stock LS1 intake, they all use the fast or LS6. And most cam only LS1's make more power than most H/C LT1's. And if you were at the PRI show last weekend you would realize the LTX aftermarket is a ****ing joke compared to the LSX aftermarket. Hell most big companies were displaying LSX heads and blocks.

Track #'s.
..and I bet the farm that most of the PRI crowd was talking about dyno results. Seriously. Walk up and ask what it did at the track. Bet they have not extensively tested their product there but it's been dyno tested. Aftermarket companies use dyno results as a fast reliable way to show results. Many people can't just go to the track. Nobody wants to rely on feel to verify improvements.

Going for the LT1 "cam only" dyno record is just that, a DYNO record. Track times have nothing to do with it. Let's get real though. ANY car making over 370hp at the rear wheels is no slouch.

BTW, stock LT1 intakes are just that good. They can be made to do just about anything.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:06 AM

Sorry, I love my LT1 and all... but I can admit and realize, that for the most part, LSx's are where it's at.

The potential of the LSx head casting is where the power lies.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
Sorry, I love my LT1 and all... but I can admit and realize, that for the most part, LSx's are where it's at.

+ the LSX intake manifold actually lets LSx's make torque unlike us LT1 guys.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28

Bah, 370rwhp SAE would be good even on a cam only LS1.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:11 AM

370rwhp is ****ing pathetic for a cam only ls1.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:48 AM

370rwhp is ****ing pathetic for a cam only ls1.

True.... most "cam only" LS1's around here tip the scales right around 400rwhp.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:23 AM

Since you're doing everything you can to get every last hp out of your cam only setup, heres what a good cam only LS1 will put down.

Quick Reply: LT1 "cam only" dyno record