LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT1 Engine Surge Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 AM

Exclamation LT1 Engine Surge Help Please

Need some help asap regarding some issues with my speed density ’93 Z28. This car had been running very consistent at the track, until after making 3 or more passes per event, and I haven’t been able for the life of me to figure out what the problem is. Any theories or guesses as to what its diagnosis would be is appreciated.

I do the exact same thing – burnout 1st and 2nd gear, pull to the line, stage, rev to about 1300rpm, and launch full throttle. NORMALLY car runs consistently 13.20x’s for usually 3 passes. Then, usually in eliminations lol, it begins falling off and on its face, including, surging idle, occasionally stalling, hesitation coming off the line, and performance after the 1/8th mile falls off almost 3-4 tenths of a second and 2 or more mph.

I moved the coil more than a ¼ inch spaced from the head, and also swapped my MSD coil for another MSD coil. Replaced my plugs and wires, fuel filter, PCV valve, basic tune up stuff. All mods are: Moroso CAI, Trick flow elbow, tb bypass, EGR delete, Air Pump Delete, MSD coil, SLP fan switch, BBK shorties EGR delete w/offroad ypipe, flowmaster catback, tranny deep pan (700R4), air bag rear right spring, BFG drag radials.

This problem has occurred at virtually every event I’ve attended, and even though I placed second this past week, I was lucky, because I ran a full 3 tenths off my dial in. All inquiries as to what could cause this are appreciated.

Dan