LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

lt1 not turning over still!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 94zgreenmachine
I am just glad it is the Giants coming here and we didn't have to go to Dallas. We got no luck in that damn stadium!!!!
yeah farve is 0-9 at texas stadium. its always been farves kryptonite.

Originally Posted by Boosted_Z28
This is a little confusing since you stated in your original post that you checked for leaking fuel injectors and you said there were no leaks. Then you said you think you need a new fuel rail and injectors. What would make you think that?

The plugs are going to smell like fuel if you have been trying to start the motor due to the fact that fuel has been added by the injectors. Unless you are getting massive amounts of fuel blowing out the spark plug hole(s) in the cylinder head when turning over the motor with the starter (obviously with the spark plugs out), then you are not "hydraulicing" the motor.

Put a voltmeter on the battery when you are attempting to actually start the car to ensure the battery voltage is great enough. What is the voltmeter reading? Are the battery cables getting warm when you are trying to start the car? You should first determine if the starting system is adequate to start the car.
Does any know how may cold cranking amps the battery needs to turn a lt1 over with stock compression? i just bought a new battery too. maybe i need to jump start it also. i am going to check every power and ground connection.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:21 PM

Why did you replace the battery, did you load test the old battery to determine that it needed to be replaced? If you purchased a new battery, who ever sold you the battery should have sold you one with the proper CCA rating for your application, now is probably not the time to inquire what the CCA rating needs to be. If you replaced the battery, is the car still doing the same thing as before? If so, you just wasted your money on a battery that didn't need to be replaced. If you ask for help and someone takes the time to give you specific things to check (rather than the usual guesswork that gets posted) you should really take the time to check what is asked...that is unless you like to just throw parts at the car and hope one of them might fix it. If you check the things that are asked and post your findings, you'll probably get the car fixed a whole lot faster. This is just my .02
Old 01-20-2008, 04:36 PM

I agree with boosted Z28. Quit guessing and check the starting/charging system. You said that you already checked the injectors and they were not leaking, why replace them? Why would you even consider replacing the fuel rail?

For the second time, Check your cables, connections and grounds! Checking these components is a little more involved than just looking at them and assuming they are OK.

If you are just going to throw a $300 set of injectors on and hope that out of luck it will fix the problem, I would recommend you taking the car to a technician and have them accurately diagnose the car. It will save you money in the long run. Most shops will diagnose for $50 bucks or so.

Good Luck fixing the problem.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted_Z28
Why did you replace the battery, did you load test the old battery to determine that it needed to be replaced? If you purchased a new battery, who ever sold you the battery should have sold you one with the proper CCA rating for your application, now is probably not the time to inquire what the CCA rating needs to be. If you replaced the battery, is the car still doing the same thing as before? If so, you just wasted your money on a battery that didn't need to be replaced. If you ask for help and someone takes the time to give you specific things to check (rather than the usual guesswork that gets posted) you should really take the time to check what is asked...that is unless you like to just throw parts at the car and hope one of them might fix it. If you check the things that are asked and post your findings, you'll probably get the car fixed a whole lot faster. This is just my .02
handle broke, fell, then acid starting leaking.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 69gto96z
Romo > Farve lol j/k man
Romo is still from Wisconsin