LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT1 police package questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 08:10 PM

no i have a computer that i hook up to so i can read trouble codes and what not... it tells me everything from fuel range to horse power to water temp
Old 09-07-2009, 08:11 PM

no sir i have not done any work to this car other than a k&n filter
Old 09-07-2009, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by interceptor_z28
do any of u have an x in your vin number?
is it the 10th digit?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by 94zgreenmachine
is it the 10th digit?
no the 9th position
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 PM

i am sorry if i have offended anyone in anyway... just thought i would put in my bit of information regarding this rare breed of vehicle
Old 09-07-2009, 08:20 PM

no the 9th position
that is the check digit. It means nothing, as far as anything special. Did you plug in your vin on the site I suggested. It WILL decode your vin.
http://www.camarosource.ca/php/camar...ding&year=2003
Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM

yea but that site cant tell me what the x means in my VIN number
It's a check digit. http://www.f-body.org/oldfaq/html/vins/checkdig.html

Every 4th gen Z28 has a P for the engine code. Please tell us what on your build sheet says it is different from a normal car. Nothing you have provided proves anything different. There are no out of the ordinary option codes listed. I am afraid the car was mis-represented to you.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
It's a check digit. http://www.f-body.org/oldfaq/html/vins/checkdig.html

Every 4th gen Z28 has a P for the engine code. Please tell us what on your build sheet says it is different from a normal car. Nothing you have provided proves anything different. There are no out of the ordinary option codes listed. I am afraid the car was mis-represented to you.
no way... the car is different i must insist because i have driven other LT1's and non drive like this one nore sound similar... so i dont know what else to say other than its different and you cant proove it is what it is or is not... i can proove it is different baised on the manifest order form... and u can save it on your computer and zoom in and check all the parts for yourself if you feel it is different and until u do provide this information, the car is indeed one off

Last edited by interceptor_z28; 09-07-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:27 PM

i am reffering to the identification number... if you take a close look at the engine u will notice that the engine that came stock with the camaro or firebird is a G or a K... mine is a P.. that alone prooves the motor is "special".. you can right click on the pictures and save them to your computer and open them with windows paint and fax viewer and zoom in.. my model was also produced in canada... i also have a 4 point roll cage that was stock... and all the information i got came directly from the trooper and GM themself.. only because i own a special car i need all the information.. i have searched it out and found it... and listed it for you who need it so there it is... i dont care about what a bc4 is or whatever... this is not a b4c this is a special car and is excluded from the "main".. little things also are different from it than the rest... for instance my timing chain cover does not have a timing mark right above the crank seal.. i have looked on camaro coups and t tops and convertables and could not find the same air intake rubber peice that mates the intake to the intake manifold because mine is a bit ripped up... but belive me when i tell you this car is very different than the normal package... and the documents are proof in themselfs... so theres nothing you can say about anything other than thank you .... oh duh ya but anyway ya sorry for messing up they are all made in canada
You really know less than you thought you did. Yes, your car is a B4C. It is listed on the build sheet.

This is a most bizarre thread.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 PM

no way... the car is different i must insist because i have driven other LT1's and non drive like this one nore sound similar... so i dont know what else to say other than its different and you cant proove it is what it is or is not... i can proove it is different baised on the manifest order form... and u can save it on your computer and zoom in and check all the parts for yourself if you feel it is different and when u do provide this information the car is indeed one off
Sorry, that is not the manifest. It is a build sheet the factory uses. Nothing on there is out of the ordinary. If you think there is tell us what it is!

There may have been some things added to your car, but it did not come that way from the factory (your own documentation proves that).
Old 09-07-2009, 08:32 PM

Sorry, that is not the manifest. It is a build sheet the factory uses. Nothing on there is out of the ordinary. If you think there is tell us what it is!

There may have been some things added to your car, but it did not come that way from the factory (your own documentation proves that).
Remember what it was like to be that young? Didn't you know everything and believe everything at that age?
Some people are dense but this is just plain ridiculous.......

Last edited by 94zgreenmachine; 09-07-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:34 PM

You really know less than you thought you did. Yes, your car is a B4C. It is listed on the build sheet.

This is a most bizarre thread.
you call yourself a tech? how many times have you even take a LT1 appart? check the part numbers and stop crying
Old 09-07-2009, 08:38 PM

man just check the parts
Old 09-07-2009, 08:39 PM

you call yourself a tech? how many times have you even take a LT1 appart? check the part numbers and stop crying

I'm gettin the popcorn, right now.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:42 PM

lol i live in california so any of you feel free to come by and pop my hood and look for yourself at this monster

Quick Reply: LT1 police package questions