LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT4 Intake info

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:23 AM

LT4 Intake info

I recently found out the LT4 intake was discontinued from GM, not exactly sure when that happened , but was bummed. Then I noticed prices on ebay $1000 ish!!! This was all news to me, haven't stayed on top of LT4 status! Anyways, I heard a rumor that Edelbrock might have one coming out again. So I emailed them, and they did confirm it. They stated it not just a stock replacement, and will be available mid to late summer. No final pricing yet, I would guess $300 range would be quite feasable. So I pass that info along, sorry if this is old news too!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Re: LT4 Intake info

The Edelbrock LT1 and LT4 "air gap" intakes have been in their online catalog since the beginning of 2006. There is no inidcation when they will actually be available. They are also advertising them in magazines, like GM High-Tech Performance. Just remember.... in 1995 Edelbrock announced an LT1 intake manfold, had it in their catalog, and had a prototype on display at the NHRA national events, but they never actually sold one to the public.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:35 AM

Injuneer.

Edelbrock part numbers are 7107 for the LT1 Performer RPM air gap manifold and 7109 for the LT4.

I know the Tech manager at Edelbrock, and will call him Monday, since I work at a speed shop I will post up availability and pricing.

These manifolds look very promising as the power band is 1500-6500 and will have a good cooling effect as per thier air-gap design.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:56 AM

I'm not going to hold my breath. Glad I got my LT4 intake right before the rapings began.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by lt1form
Injuneer.

Edelbrock part numbers are 7107 for the LT1 Performer RPM air gap manifold and 7109 for the LT4.

I know the Tech manager at Edelbrock, and will call him Monday, since I work at a speed shop I will post up availability and pricing.

These manifolds look very promising as the power band is 1500-6500 and will have a good cooling effect as per thier air-gap design.

All the info you get is MARKETTING BS.
Bet you think their LT1 heads are worth the aluminum they are cast from .
Old 04-30-2006, 08:46 AM

Who cares about the BS marketing. We need another intake for the market so people dont get raped on ebay.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Bet you think their LT1 heads are worth the aluminum they are cast from .

They are. The $.35 a pound that aluminum's worth.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Who cares about the BS marketing. We need another intake for the market so people dont get raped on ebay.
If people did some research before ASSuming it was an upgrade there would be LT4 intakes left.

As far as needing an alternative, I ONLY want to see good alternatives. Edelbrock has provwen they will offer a product that will sell solely based on name without reguard to wether it is worthwhile . If they make one and people prove a power LOSS it will still sell fast that is not what I want to see. If companies are to make new products I want them to be upgrades not just a way to seperate the ignorrnt from their money.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
If companies are to make new products I want them to be upgrades not just a way to seperate the ignorrnt from their money.
Mabey in a perfect world...
Old 04-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by lt1form
Injuneer.

Why did you feel you had to tell me that...... ??? The fact they assigned a part number and put it in a catalog and in ads does not mean you can buy one... as evidenced by the 11 year wait for their first LT1 intake.

The Edelbrock offerings for the LT1 have been pathetic. Their heads flow little more than stock, their heads and cam packages are wimpy, so what makes you think the new LT1/LT4 intakes - which look just like a stock intake, but with possibly some part of the plenum volume reduced to make an "air gap" - are going to be any better?

Maybe I missed the point of your post.

This manifold has been discussed in numerous threads here over the past two months, so it gets a bit tiresome to see all the hype and no substance.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:10 PM

This manifold has been discussed in numerous threads here over the past two months, so it gets a bit tiresome to see all the hype and no substance.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. If you do a simple search, this topic has been beat to death, and it is "old news". Until Edelbrock, or someone else actually does anything about it, to have a replacement, the rapings will continue, and probably even get worse in price.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:44 PM

Didn't someone on this board actually make a air gap intake himself? I would be interested to see what he found out in the process. That right there would be a fairly good indication of wether the edelbrock set up will hold it's own.

found the thread.
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...Air+gap+Intake

Last edited by fasteddie94; 04-30-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:10 PM

Their heads need a little grinder work at the factory to get just 16cfm more than as cast stockers. An employee posted that on LS1TECH, the fool thought he was defending their product when he typed it all he did was prove what crap they make for this engine.

I had a Performer intake on an old 305 in a 4X4 and it was a nice upgrade so don't accuse me of blindly bashing them, I do know they have some nice products, just far and few between on the newer cars.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:35 PM

I have heard nothing but bad feedback on Edelbrock when it comes to mods for newer cars. I have a feeling the so called intake is just the old one they showed off in 1995. They just took it out of storage and blew the dust off.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
We need another intake for the market so people dont get raped on ebay.
Why? If people are stupid enough to pay that much, let them. Why do people think its an upgrade anyway? Im using stock LT1 castings, and a stock ported intake on my engine. If I went with aftermarket heads, it only costs $200 to have the stock intake welded up and its EXACTLY like the LT4. But I went with stock head castings, and plan on making the same power as aftermarket heads and LT4 intake.

Quick Reply: LT4 Intake info