LTCC again

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 12:59 PM

LTCC again

I need help here.

I know the only wires you have to hook them up are:

From LTCC 2-pink wires
1-white wire

Now the where to hook them up to is the problem. I've search and found different wires to different places.

I've hook the 2 pinks from the LTCC box to the pink with black line (no work). Connected them to the pink with no black line(no work). Both times below the stock coil. All with with everything connected, includding the white wire to the white with black strip above the stock coil.

I used the instructions that were given, and the car didn't start. So any guidance would be greatly apprecaited.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:51 PM

My car is a 1995.

I'm hurting over here. I tired a couple things from searching, but none of those suggestions got the car going. Not sure what's going on, but need help none the less.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:39 PM

search for a post by jordon Musser I replied with a detailed answer there, I keep forgetting
Old 12-28-2003, 04:32 PM

This is what I think you're talking about.

Originally posted by bunker
Ok well my kit had the right colors, it has the white, 2 pinks & 1 yellow.

But here is what I think you should do since I can help

Looking at the LTCC from the back where the wires go in & the mounting flages facing towards the bottom, the so called "white wire" would be the 6th wire counting from the right towards the center where the bolt is, that is the white wire. The yellow wire is the 5th wire counting from the right towards the center, the yellow wire is used for nitrous, the white wire plugs into the ignition module connector on the car's wiring harness which is the second one from either the left or the right, if you get the wrong one nothing will happen, but its the second one from either the left or right on the ignition module connector.

The other 2 wires are supposed to be pink & they aren't connected to the box connector, but instead just kinda run into the conduit of the ltcc, the two pink wires are connected together & both connected to one of the ignition coil's connector on the car's wiring harness.

Now to help you out, whatever the 5th wire on the LTCC connector is like I explained above, just don't use since its for N20. The 6th wire goes to the ignition module connector which is the 2nd slot from ither the left or right of the connector.

Man I'm repeating myself here

Good luck, if you need help PM me & I can go over it with you.
I tired both wires at the ignition mod wires. Still nothing happenned. There is a white w/black line and a yellow wire. Those are the two inside wires on my 1995 Z28. Also I have both the pink wires connected to the ping wire that went in to the stock coil. It's the plug that only had one wire to it. Is that the right plug?
Old 12-28-2003, 04:39 PM

I saw this too.

Originally posted by Ryan94ZA4
The white from the LTCC goes to the yellow on the ignition control module above the coil and the 2 powers go to the power at the coil. Make sure to upgrade your fuse. Also, if your 94 is like mine, you may have to trim a little piece out of one of the plugs that plugs into the opti harness. Mine had an extra piece that had to be removed or it would not plug in.

Ryan
Which wire exactly is the power wire below the stock coil? Is it the plain pink wire or the pink wire with black line?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:04 PM

TTT
Old 12-28-2003, 08:34 PM

Chris I got your message but haven't had time to call you back yet.

You should see two different connectors at the front of the driver's side head. The top one is for the ICM. there is a white wire in that connector that should be hooked to the white wire from the LTCC box.

Below that there is the coil and coil connector. There is a pink wire in that connector that you should connect BOTH pink wires to.

That's literally all there is to it. Everything else is plug-n-play. Make sure you are running a 20 amp fuse in place of the 10 amp IGN fuse in the under-hood fuse box.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:49 PM

Here, I made a pic and highlighted the wires you need. 1. is the ICM harness and the arrow points to the white wire, which is the middle of the three.

2. is the coil harness and on my '96 there are only 2 wires. the pink one on the right is the one I used. Hope this helps.

http://www.mtfba.org/forum/viewthrea...3638&pid=33682
Old 12-28-2003, 09:42 PM

Thanks dude. my 95 coil isn't like that one. It had two plugs that join, but I see what I have to do. But it shouldn't be this hard. I'll have to look at it again. I think either my opti is bad or something.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:40 PM

I didn't even think about the coil wiring being different...I knew that but didn't think of it.