LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LTCC Codes???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 PM
CDE

LTCC Codes???

Ok I hooked up the LTCC like yall said with the MSD harness and now it wont crank! I checked the LED's and its blinking green which the directions say is a PCU error. Ok Thats kinda vauge, I emailed LTCC a week ago and have not recieived any responce. Any ideas on where I should start?

HELP

Clint
Old 06-08-2006, 05:34 PM

Re: LTCC Codes???

Have you got the LTCC harness teed into the OPTI harness? (the 4-pin connectors)
Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by 94 NO TOP Z
Have you got the LTCC harness teed into the OPTI harness? (the 4-pin connectors)
Talking with him over the phone and it sounds like he does have the LTCC harness tied into the opti harness.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:02 PM

crank, or fire?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:52 PM
CDE

Originally Posted by 94 NO TOP Z
Yes I used the harness on the LTCC side with the weather pack connectors and pluged it up, kinda straight forward, I dont think I could have messed that up. I will check my opti connection thought to make sure it is snapped in behind the water pump, good n tight. See at least you have givin me something to check. When it said PCU error, I was kinda worried that my computer was messed up.

As far as spark, I havnt physically checked a plug to see if its getting any kind of fire at all. It just wont crank, or even try to. I just assumed that if I had any kind of error light on the LTCC that I should fix that before wasting my time pulling a plug to check for fire.
I am extremely open to any kind of suggestions!!!
Keep em coming.

Thanks guys
Old 06-10-2006, 10:02 AM
CDE

TTT
Old 06-10-2006, 06:28 PM

Help me! You say it won't even crank?? or try to?? Are you saying that the engine won't even turn over - that's cranking - or are you saying that it turns over but won't fire - whole different thing. If it won't crank (turn over) that has nothing to do with the LTCC. Mine turned over but wouldn't fire when I first installed it and I found that the pink wires from the LTCC computer that that are supposed to tap into the pink/black wire in the harness were wrong. I didn't have a pink/black wire in the harness. I had two different pink ones. I switched the pink ones coming from the LTCC computer to a different pink on in the harness and I was in business. Hope this helps. Let me know
Old 06-11-2006, 02:42 AM
CDE

Well the car does turn over, but wont fire at all. I bet your right about the pink wires. Mine didnt have the right color wire either, or if it did it was to faded to tell on my harness. I will try resplicing them tomm now that I finally have a day off. When yours was crossed, did you check the LTCC controll box to see if there were any blinking lights?

Clint
Old 06-11-2006, 07:38 AM

I don't remember. It's been about a year and a half since I installed mine. If that doesn't work let me know and we'll see what else needs done. Mine was a very simple install. Just make sure you ground each coil very good or they won't work properly.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:35 PM
CDE

Well I checked on it and I have both pink wires from the LTCC connected together going to red wire on the old MSD harness. This is on a 97 model car. Then the white wire from the LTCC is going to the both white wires on the MSD harness. I can take a pic if need be.

Clint
Old 06-12-2006, 09:48 AM

Ditch the MSD harness you don't need it. Just connect the pink wires together and run it to the pink wire (switched 12v) that comes off the coil.

The white wire from the LTCC runs to the white wire off the harness that ran to the ICM.

Ditch the MSD harness, you don't need it and it's making things more difficult.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
CDE

10/4 im going to cut it outta the loop right now and hard wire it. Thats kinda what I thought too, because the wires on the MSD harness are not the same color for the GM harness. And I think that is what is throwing me.

Clint
Old 06-12-2006, 07:28 PM

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:30 PM
CDE

Well it didnt go so great. It seems that the wires yall are describing are for 94-95 cars. I have a 97. I compaired them to the igniton schematics from shoeboxes website and figured out what wires I needed and still get a blinking green light. Then I got where I tried every combination imaginable with nothing. The car does turn over but has no spark at all. I pulled a plug wire just to make sure. As you described it seems to be pretty simple, hook the switched 12v wire to both pink wires on the LTCC and then hook the white wire to the white wire coming off the ICM. There isnt that many choices to mess up. Am I overlooking something. Could it be something unrelated such as a VATS problem or something of that nature? By that time the battery was going dead, does it have to have a full 12v to pass the LTCC diagnostic check? Anything??
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. This is very frustrating. I am on the verge of ripping all this stuff out and getting a new MSD opti, Digital 6 MSD and a new coil and putting this LTCC on ebay, LOL.

Clint
Old 06-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Guys, we have 4 main wires were working with here. These are the 4 from the ICM. On his 97, we have a orange, a green, a yellow w/white tracer, and a black. Black is showing grounded, and the orange is showing 12v switched. Yellow and green are giving us nothing. We swapped the white wire from the LTCC to all colors and could never get the CPU code to quit. Unfortunatlly, we don't have a local LT-1 car to swap ECM's with to see if maybe there was a problem during the mail order tuning.

Quick Reply: LTCC Codes???