LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT's in:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 09:32 AM

LT's in:)

well, got the hookers in, not as hard as i thought. only took me and the wife 10 hours to do it, not bad. but the problem......the y pipe crosses right under the tranny mount, and my car is lowered, leaving a 1/2 inch of clearance but not a prblem on the headers them selves, just that one part of the y, so heck, twist my arm, i guess ill have to go true duels. but i was thinking, for an easy over the axle true duels, why not take 2 stock pipes and put them beside eachother on the pass side and do it that way. any thoughts?? these could be pulled of a junkyard car for a lil bit of nothing and unless im mistaken, which has happened, the 6 cylander(sp) f-bods have the same size over the axle pipe so whatca think?

p.s. btw OMG! the z pulls like a cheap.....well lets just say it is muuuuuchhhhhh nicer
Old 03-08-2004, 10:21 AM

glad to hear you like them. I just got mine done. I went with some true duals though. My true duals stop right underneath the seats kind of.

I know what you mean about the power increase. You can feel the gains just in cruising around town. And once you open it up, good lord does it rip hard. Did you see how restrictive your stock manifolds were. I was shockd to see that the exits on the stock manifolds were barely 2 1/4''.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:25 AM

There were pics on here recently of someone who ran true duals over the passenger side of the rear axle. It looked really good.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:29 AM

Re: LT's in:)

Originally posted by riceinmybowl
well, got the hookers in, not as hard as i thought. only took me and the wife 10 hours to do it, not bad.
Dude, I wanna wife that will help on the car. That's cool has hell!!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:47 AM

Well I hope I will be as happy as you guys in a few hours, ive got the driver side in, and im working on the passenger side. Wish me luck . Tyler
Old 03-08-2004, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by BriansZ
There were pics on here recently of someone who ran true duals over the passenger side of the rear axle. It looked really good.
Here's some pics of the dual on the same side. He's on LS1.com and goes by the screen name Fierce-LS1.

http://community.webshots.com/album/57009112ggkWkz

Jody J.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:45 PM

yahhh its ironic how it happened. for 3 years i try to interest her in high pro, then i get deployed and she watches tv and that does it, now anything i do to the car, she wants to help. hehe my first race coming off a stop light, she was there. an 80's mustange pulled up beside me, had a cowl and skinnys, started reving like crazy and shooting us glances. i thought, hell, if only she wasnt here. she looked at the stange then at me and said, kick his a$$. hehe we won, he smoked the tires on takeoff and never came off the gas:P lotsa smoke in the rear view:P..... GOD i love my wife