LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT's and duals or catback?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 01:27 AM

LT's and duals or catback?

i know i can benefit alot from going to long tube headers..but is there anything to gain from going to duals? id like to get a catback n keep the tips out the back. i just sold my mustang and the turndowns got on my nerves from time to time. but i want the best performance i can get also so what do ya'll think?
Old 07-02-2004, 02:39 AM

Re: LT's and duals or catback?

Originally posted by 1badasZ
i know i can benefit alot from going to long tube headers..but is there anything to gain from going to duals? id like to get a catback n keep the tips out the back. i just sold my mustang and the turndowns got on my nerves from time to time. but i want the best performance i can get also so what do ya'll think?
id definately like to know this also. lt headers with true duals, more power thena lt headers with catback. i would think that the trual duals would make more power but im not for sure on how much. if its not a lot i would rather just keep my magnaflow. i want hooker lts! and i agree with you on the tips. love my tips and with true duals, very few guys have had theirs out the back most are just turndowns. what kinda mustang you have? mods? what you ruN? dyno? how did it sound? imo if i the lt and catback are close to the gains of the lts and true duals i would rather keep my catback. true duals are pretty hefty in $$$$ also. let us both know.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:05 AM

Pics of my setup are in the sig. Let me know what you think. Yeah, those are ceramic Hooker LTs that I have on there.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:20 AM

I have x piped duals right now and IMO keep the catback. I dont like the way this thing sounds. Im going to a Y-pipe and magnaflow setup.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:17 AM

Originally posted by c0rey
I have x piped duals right now and IMO keep the catback. I dont like the way this thing sounds. Im going to a Y-pipe and magnaflow setup.
hey thanks for your opinion. so can you elaborate a bit more on why you dont like the way it sounds? too loud? too raspy? to much of attentioin getter? haha. what kind of mufflers do you have on it. the bullets? xr-1s? when are you going to get the y pipe and magnaflow setup? im extemely interested in how it will sound because i have the magnaflow and will be wanting to get the lts on witht he y pipe also. how much did the true duals cost you total, minus the headers? thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 12:38 PM

Duals costed about 250 with everything I ordered stainless tips as well. Running 18 in bullet mufflers. The reason I hate them is ground clearence and they have no low v8 rumble.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:30 PM

Re: Re: LT's and duals or catback?

Originally posted by EaC95Z28
what kinda mustang you have? mods? what you ruN? dyno? how did it sound? imo if i the lt and catback are close to the gains of the lts and true duals i would rather keep my catback. true duals are pretty hefty in $$$$ also. let us both know.
had a 88 GT, all the bolt ons, intake, tremec transmission, gears, etc. pretty much all the bolt ons and i had long tube heaeders with dynomax bullets on it with turndowns...just sold it last week and dont wanna go back down that road lol. n btw it was still slow