LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

AS&M Header Questions ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 01:52 PM

What are the part numbers for the ARP header bolts? Also what is the part number for there 4 bolt main kit?
Old 02-22-2004, 02:33 PM

Thanks for all the info, especially on the MSD's. I guess the Kmember will cause problems for aftermarket ones, but thats not my worry. Those are some great numbers you have Mikey, I am hoping to use the same cam as you, what are you porting specs and how did you DIY them? I'd like to run the ORP but my GMMG will be too nasty I believe. Alot of people using the RK Sport ones and are very pleased, I might have to try those and save myself $200.

Not trying to start anything but this is a bit off topic:"What are the part numbers for the ARP header bolts? Also what is the part number for there 4 bolt main kit?" --Call ARP--

Lets try to keep it to AS&M/ RK Sport header comments only please.

Anyone put them on a 94 Z/28 have a list of parts needed or what their setup is?(cat/ORP etc.)

Thanks guys, BTW anyone got used AS&M for sale, I PMed/emailed 95bleustreak and he is yet to respond...

-Dustin-
Old 02-22-2004, 02:46 PM

I had a gain of 40rwhp going from stock manifolds and cat to AS&M with dual high flow Random Tech cats, but that was on a blower car. Still using them.

Rich Krause
Old 02-22-2004, 02:57 PM

Well the header bolts are quite on topic since other people have referenced you to getting "ARP Header bolts". So i figured i would ask what the part numbers were. Dont have to get all uptight about it.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:13 PM

I have send you an e-mail. Check your PM box it is full. Sorry about the late response, had some computer problems.

Jason

Originally posted by Bersaglieri
Thanks for all the info, especially on the MSD's. I guess the Kmember will cause problems for aftermarket ones, but thats not my worry. Those are some great numbers you have Mikey, I am hoping to use the same cam as you, what are you porting specs and how did you DIY them? I'd like to run the ORP but my GMMG will be too nasty I believe. Alot of people using the RK Sport ones and are very pleased, I might have to try those and save myself $200.

Not trying to start anything but this is a bit off topic:"What are the part numbers for the ARP header bolts? Also what is the part number for there 4 bolt main kit?" --Call ARP--

Lets try to keep it to AS&M/ RK Sport header comments only please.

Anyone put them on a 94 Z/28 have a list of parts needed or what their setup is?(cat/ORP etc.)

Thanks guys, BTW anyone got used AS&M for sale, I PMed/emailed 95bleustreak and he is yet to respond...

-Dustin-
Old 02-22-2004, 03:20 PM

Cool no problem dude, I am emptying it now and checking the email, thanks man.

-Dustin-

P.S. ill get back to you in a few minutes 420est.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:23 PM

Ok 95bluestreak, got the emial, just send me some pics and etc. Sounds to me like youll have them sold very soon

Thanks

-Dustin-
Old 02-22-2004, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Bersaglieri

-Dustin-
Thanks for the compliment. George Merengo (aka Nuke61 on here) hosted a write up I did several years ago on how to port the LT1 heads. The page can be found here: http://members.***.net/gmarengo/ just click on the head porting link on that site and you'll see my before and after head flow numbers. These were my first set of heads I did, and I wish I had a set of my more recently ported heads on my car. They flow better on the exhaust and the mid-lift numbers are higher.

You'll love this cam for a street driven car. I am currently in the process of refreshing the valvetrain and adding a few more bolt-ons as I was maxing out the injectors before. This spring I'm hoping to hit closer to 400rwhp from this same cam.

Good luck and shoot me a pm if you have any head porting ??'s.

Mike