LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Mean exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 11:04 PM

Re: Mean exhaust

Just installed the Magnaflow catback on my TA and now it sounds ultra deep and sounds like I put a cam in as well. My camaro has the SLP 2 on the left and it sounds mean but alittle more refined than the Magnaflow. Both great systems.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by fastcopz28
my first mod was the GMMG catback. best system ive ever heard on and lt1 or ls1!!! here's a run down of my experience with the catback:

GMMG with manifolds-caused a slight stirring in my britches!
GMMG with BBK headers-again caused stirring in my britches and causes tingling sensations at WOT!!
GMMG with heads/cam-caused hair to raise up on neck, goosebumps, profuse drooling, and intense urge to rev at anything that moves just to watch them jump.
ALSO CAUSES:
senior citizens hearts to stop momentarily,
mustang owners to run and hide,
ricers to **** themselves,
exotic owners to sell there cars to buy fbodies so they can get the GMMG
harley owners to say "damm thats loud"
AND CAUSES GOD TO SAY "DAMN THAT'S LOUD!!!)
AMEN!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 01:55 PM

Anybody know anything about the Texas Speed company's bolt on true dual kit? Looks nice.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:58 PM

I've got the Loudmouth and it sounds MEAN. I can't tell you how many looks and compliments I get DAILY on it. Probably my favorite thing about the car.

GET A LOUDMOUTH!!!

John
Old 11-12-2004, 09:02 PM

I had the magnaflow system...and it was nice and deep sounding but not loud enough....then i swapped out to the LM cuz i picked it up for $100 used....and its RAWWWKS... you can easily hear it loudly for about 300 yds+. Mine is pretty clean sounding but then again i dont have any headers or anything...
Old 11-13-2004, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by fastcopz28
my first mod was the GMMG catback. best system ive ever heard on and lt1 or ls1!!! here's a run down of my experience with the catback:

GMMG with manifolds-caused a slight stirring in my britches!
GMMG with BBK headers-again caused stirring in my britches and causes tingling sensations at WOT!!
GMMG with heads/cam-caused hair to raise up on neck, goosebumps, profuse drooling, and intense urge to rev at anything that moves just to watch them jump.
ALSO CAUSES:
senior citizens hearts to stop momentarily,
mustang owners to run and hide,
ricers to **** themselves,
exotic owners to sell there cars to buy fbodies so they can get the GMMG
harley owners to say "damm thats loud"
AND CAUSES GOD TO SAY "DAMN THAT'S LOUD!!!)
Are you running cats? I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge and getting a GMMG to go with the mods below. I have heard an LS1 but never a LT1 with GMMG...... (nobody local with this setup).
Old 11-13-2004, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by curly
Are you running cats? I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge and getting a GMMG to go with the mods below. I have heard an LS1 but never a LT1 with GMMG...... (nobody local with this setup).
I ran stock manifolds and Y to it for about 9 months then switched it to Hooker LT's Mufflex Y and no cat. Lets just say that when I drive down a street with side parking or through a parking garge I can set off each and every car alarm if I want to. Although most of the time it's on accident. I worked at one place where, each and everytime I left work the Mustang GT that always parked by me would mysteriously get its alarm set off, for the convinience of the owner. I recently raced my buddy with a Z3 and when we spoke after the race, he didnt mention about losing or anything, just how my car sounded so kick *** as I flew by him several times. His was driving with his windows up.

BTW how do you like your Stall and other tranny mods? I think thats the next step for me.

-Dustin-
Old 11-14-2004, 01:44 AM

I like the stall (on the street since I have not run it at the track since the stall) so far.... the track will be a much better measure once I get enough rubber to hook . The only word of advise I would give is to use three washers when you install the shift kit.... I only used two and I wished it shifted harder. I will go back and put the third washer in if my tuner can't firm it up more.

Last edited by curly; 11-14-2004 at 01:47 AM.