LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

mis that gets worse and worse!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:48 PM

mis that gets worse and worse!!!

I have been having this problem with the car. Before I put the cam in it was gradually starting to mis. At first it would mis when I was just cruising but when I would drive it WOT it wouldn't mis at all. Then it started to gradually mis worse and worse while cruising until it finally started to mis bad enough to where I couldn't drive it, and it would mis bad under WOT. I have done a search and could not find anything related... I am wondering if this could be the opti starting to take a dive on me? I now I have pretty large cam and the same problem so bad the car will hardly run.... if anyone could help me that would be awesome! Thanks guys
Old 04-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

What have you checked or replaced so far:
-plugs?
-plug wires?
-coil?
-IC Module?
-Opti harness connections for corrosion?
-fuel filter?
-air filter?
-vacuum leaks?
-leaking EGR valve?
-torn inlet air elbow?
-O2 sensors?
-injectors?

Have you checked the fuel pressure?

Have you had it scanned for codes?

does it appear to be running excessively rich?

Who tuned it?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM

I have brand new plug wires and opti and vaccum leaks.... im gonna change the plugs tonight and the fuel filter. see if thats the culprit. I mean I just put the cam in and before the cam it started this but now its worse with the cam. I also changed the coil about a month ago.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Administrator

You had an engine that wasn't running right, but installed a cam in it anyway, before figuring out what was wrong?

Who tuned it? That cam is going to run extremely rich at idle and low RPM, unless the person who tuned it knew exactly what he was doing. Good chance its fouling the plugs. Have you checked them?
Old 04-17-2008, 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=Injuneer;5316961]You had an engine that wasn't running right, but installed a cam in it anyway, before figuring out what was wrong?

Fred,didn't you know throwing parts at a car will miraculously FIXX it!

All that was named off by "injuneer" should be checked, scan it bro!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
You had an engine that wasn't running right, but installed a cam in it anyway, before figuring out what was wrong?

Who tuned it? That cam is going to run extremely rich at idle and low RPM, unless the person who tuned it knew exactly what he was doing. Good chance its fouling the plugs. Have you checked them?
Pulled the plugs last night and your right it had fouled the plugs. It actually had a mis after the longtube install and I changed the wires and fixed the whole problem. So I figured it was the wires and did the cam and changed the wires at the same time. I haven't gotten to start the car yet because it was like 3 A.M. when I got everything done. LALT1 from ls1tech tuned my car, he had the same cam but on a 111 LSA in his car before. So he gave me basically the same tune he had but tweaked it a little for the 110 LSA