LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

My experience w/ Pcmforless

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:46 PM

My experience w/ Pcmforless

Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 PM

Oh well. **** happens. They've been great to me for 10 years now. PCMforless FTW!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:54 PM

so what your saying is that you never sent them your chip to be tuned and your mad because they did not tune your chip (that you never sent them)

if i am understanding this correctly and i was them i would not want to do business with you either if you were bashing me because of this
Old 08-25-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by dangalla
so what your saying is that you never sent them your chip to be tuned and your mad because they did not tune your chip (that you never sent them)

if i am understanding this correctly and i was them i would not want to do business with you either if you were bashing me because of this
QFT.. completely agree with you on this one.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 PM

Yep gonna go ahead and agree with the majority here. When you pay for a chip to be reflashed, that's saying you are going to send your chip in to them to reprogram. Wasn't their fault.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by dangalla

If I would've been told to send my old chip or pay for the core charge from day 1 none of this would of happened. Their is no info on there website about this procedure.

You must have selective reading or something because on the last chapter, 1st line, 3rd word from the end that is a "n't" at the end of "was" ("wasn't bashing them"). They didn't like that as was keeping our business public.

I have 2 chips. One from Madtuner and One from Pcmforless. I decided to go w/ Pcmforless cause of the great experience I had w/ them in the past. This time I'm regretting it.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 PM

i dont understand this for sure now....

you say you used them in the past, and now you dont know the routine from prior experience with them?

wtf?
Old 08-25-2010, 10:25 PM

Wow.... really? sepno77 read what you wrote.

I don't think I would want your business either.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 PM

Location: Wichita Falls, Texas - College. DF-Dub, when not in college
so you created an account at camaroz28 to bash pcmforless?

fail
Old 08-26-2010, 01:00 AM

What a lay-hoo-zay-her.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:23 AM

I have there OBDII tune in my Caprice.

Its a great tune for all I know, but they have lost a lot of business with the b-body community.

When Ken first started out, IIRC he offered a ?free? lifetime update deal on OBDI and $50 updates for OBDII. However when he started making it "big" he forgot about the little community of cars that got him started. He has since (as you all know) did away with the lifetime tunes and updates.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Administrator

They apologized and gave you all your money back. At no time did they "tell you to F off". And you still want to trash them all over the internet?

Definitely a problem, but I don't think it lies with pcmforless. Look in the mirror.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:03 AM

Ive had a couple of different tunes. Customer Service was good. I even called them and they shipped it out the same day.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:11 AM

I don't need the kind of service they offer. But if I did, there is nothing in you poorly written post that would inhibit me in any way.

Rich
Old 08-26-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by sepno77
If I would've been told to send my old chip or pay for the core charge from day 1 none of this would of happened. Their is no info on there website about this procedure.

You must have selective reading or something because on the last chapter, 1st line, 3rd word from the end that is a "n't" at the end of "was" ("wasn't bashing them"). They didn't like that as was keeping our business public.

I have 2 chips. One from Madtuner and One from Pcmforless. I decided to go w/ Pcmforless cause of the great experience I had w/ them in the past. This time I'm regretting it.
I think the high and mighty approach you took with Dangalla above clearly shows why you had the problems you did with this company. Instead of calmy working through a problem (that, by the way, you created by not sending in your chip to be re-flashed, to re-flash a chip they need a chip, to flash, namely yours) you chose to take the high road and if your posts on the other site even remotely resemble your response to Dangalla, you've probably been banned for life from doing business with pcmforless, lol. Sometimes with the companies we deal with a certain amount of aggressiveness is called for to sort out problems with customer service, etc...but looking for problems where there aren't any just cause problems for everyone else and now you've lost the services of one of, if not the best, chip companies on the internet. Congrats.

Quick Reply: My experience w/ Pcmforless