LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

my LT1 has no spark, any clues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:18 PM

Re: my LT1 has no spark, any clues?

Toss it or lock it there's no merit here.

Originally Posted by bobbyk3lly
ive been a member on thirdgen.org for 2 years, i just moved to this site because they booted me out for having a 4th gen,.... i havent had time to set anything up yet....
Every where he's been he's pissed everyone off. Go ahead and cut the umbilical.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned

i put the new engine and interior harness in and 1 good sign is that its now reading the computer but turning on the "service engine soon" light, ive yet to see if it has spark but i will ASAP. ive also yet to see if im getting power to the white wire going to the ICM while cranking but i will do that tommorow sometime,

but everything seems to be in order as of right now.....

heres a list of everything ive bought in the past 48 hours

engine wiring harness, interior harness,pcm,icm,coil and optispark..... that was a cool almost 900$ in parts......but i got ucky and got it all for 150$

bought the engine harness and interior harness along with pcm icm and coil for 150$ saved about id say what 500$ or so? (correct me if im wrong there)

and i got the optispark BRAND NEW!(449.99) with autolite XP105s (9.95 a plug called auto zone out here) sold a ported lt4 intake and slp cold air intake for that (got $600 for it) (might aswell of been free saved a ton there,

so all together 150$ got me a long way, not including the free stock air intakes i got and a soon to be here lt1 radiator cover.....

i lucked out on this one..... plus my B4C police computer is still good.... so my other one i bought is forsale now...... if anyone wants it let me know, throw me an offer

Last edited by bobbyk3lly; 06-14-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

just a quick update, ive put the new opti in, and still got no spark... took two of my icm's into avannced auto and they checked them both and they were bad.... so i had them order two in stock so i can buy one and if my car fries it i can take it back and they will have another in stock
Old 06-16-2011, 03:23 PM

You may want to verify that the power that is supplying your 12v to the pcm is from a source that stays hot during cranking. There are some hot leads that turn off during cranking and then are hot when not cranking. I had this problem when trying to get spark after an LT1 swap. Just a thought.

Curtis Sr
Old 06-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by curtSr
You may want to verify that the power that is supplying your 12v to the pcm is from a source that stays hot during cranking. There are some hot leads that turn off during cranking and then are hot when not cranking. I had this problem when trying to get spark after an LT1 swap. Just a thought.

Curtis Sr
i havent checked that yet, but i did get it to start and run today... (thank god) ran great too, first time ive ever heard this motor run.. and im lucky, no knocks, ticks, or leaks (that i can tell right now)

but it wont shift into gear???? ive checked the fluid (bone dry)(i put some trans fluid in it 2qts)

checked all plug ins and the one that plugs into the tail shaft of the trans was unplugged (i plugged it in)

but it wont start back now.... just cranks and cranks...

i had my ICM checked the other day and it came out to be bad..... but my car started?????

could it be that i just caught it on a good moment and got lucky and it started????

these ICM's are 70.99 out here and i dont have the money right now.....if anyone has one they dont need and know its good or can have it tested and send it to me for free id love that.... im flat broke, i just put a ton of money into this car and just cant put anymore into it....

but also any input would be great....
Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Banned

thanks for all the help everyone, i got it running and shifting (needed trans fluid.... THANKS!!!)