LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 07:44 PM

need advice!

OK, I finally got my heat problem fixed for good I hope. The dealer said I needed to replace the heater core after they said I needed a flush. I asked you guys and you said flush it out yourself with a garden hose. Well so far so good, by the way thanks. Now I have another problem, for some time now I've been driving my car around and the check gages light for oil pressure comes on at Idle sometimes. I've replaced the sending unit twice, once myself and once by a mechanic who also manualy tested the oil pressure which he said was in line with spec. He said not to worry if the light comes on cause the car runs and sounds fine. I don't beleive him though, so I go to the dealer and talk to them and they can't see it being the oil pump failure at 35000KM not miles. He says to bring it in and they would diagnose it by the hour how ever long it takes to figure it out or pull the engine out, WTF? So here's my question do I keep on driving the car cause it sounds and runs perfectly or do I figure out why the oil pressure gage is acting the way it is at what ever cost it will be which at the dealer could be hours on end? I'm sure someone here has experienced this or heard of this before happening right? To me tearing apart my engine to figure it out is not the logical answer here right?