LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

need emergency help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 10:54 PM

Angry need emergency help please

some one please read this post and reach out to a young chap in need. you dont even have to read the whole post, the only real part of interest are the last 4 or so replies.

http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/lt1/read.cgi?msgid=138762

someone help please????
Old 09-17-2003, 04:10 AM

In my honest opinion you need to stay away from that site.
There is only one person worth a damn who is a regular on that site and its 97TransAm, I believe his name is asian sensation on here, that guys cool.
The guy who owns that site and the people he choses as moderators are idiots.
I can,t stand to be at that site so........post your problem here and try to be more specific about the problem.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:00 AM

Sounds like the guy maybe had a marginal Altinator and when he put the underdrive pullies on it let it show. Sometimes a low voltage will throw all kinds of codes.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:23 AM

im not sure how i can be more specific, i did my plug wires and now my abs inop light is on. when i did the pullies though, march has a kit that will underdrive the crank but OVERdrive the alternator to compensate for smaller pulley size and to keep normal charging characteristics
Old 09-17-2003, 01:47 PM

can nobody help me?!?!

my car sometimes tries to drive itself when its sitting at itle in gear, or park for that matter. and im stumbling at low rpms.

niether of these two problems did i have until i changed the plug wires. whats the deal??
Old 09-17-2003, 01:59 PM

Your last post should give you a clue.Check all the connections.Make sure they click.The ABS I believe can be triggered by routing the wires too close.Try doing a search for the ABS problem.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:15 PM

Yes, if you run the plug wires to close to an ABS line, it will turn the light on. Also check the 3rd brake light to see if it is working, as it can also turn on the ABS light.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:48 PM

ok i will check all thee connections this weekend when i have access to the lift again.

BTW is there a way to clean off the terminals of the opti some kind of chemical??
Old 09-17-2003, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by revtime
In my honest opinion you need to stay away from that site.
There is only one person worth a damn who is a regular on that site and its 97TransAm, I believe his name is asian sensation on here, that guys cool.
The guy who owns that site and the people he choses as moderators are idiots.
I can,t stand to be at that site so........post your problem here and try to be more specific about the problem.
Excuse me?

I'm one of the moderators on that site, and I'll have you know that there are PLENTY of knowlegable and respected people on that forum, including myself. I don't consider myself to be an idiot, do you? I post nothing but helpful information on both this site and that one, and have developed a reputation for being the one person people ask for advice.

Before you go ahead and start bashing me, do a search on here and there for "RamAir95TA". Find a post with me acting like an idiot. Sure, there's a few people over there who don't know a whole lot about the f-body realm, but there's just as many of your so-called idiots over here. Either site offers valuable information, and just because YOU don't THINK it's worth anyones time, doesn't mean he needs to stay away from there.

Please don't judge another site, simply because you don't know about it. Or are my opinions not worth a damn? An f-body site is an f-body site, so if one differentiates from another, why criticize it? Enthusiasts need a place to go for help, and some have chosen Fbody.com. Get over it.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:08 PM

well since youre hip to this topic... could you lend some advice??
Old 09-17-2003, 06:26 PM

If you spilled something on the opti, it may have ruined it. However, sometimes they dry out and work fine.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:39 PM

didnt spill anything persay, but a little of the penetrating spray probably hit the bottom of the opti, but its fast drying and i dont think enough got on there to do any damage.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:13 AM

Do I seem like an idiot?
Have I done or said anything that would make you think I am a difficult person to deal with?
I am a member of several Fbody boards and to my knowledge no one thinks I am a bad person.

I was BANNED from that site for speaking my mind but the ego maniac that runs that site decided since I did not agree with him that I should not be able to participate, and yes some of the mods over there are PUNKS.
You don,t seem like a bad guy so I amend my statement to include you and Wing.

That site needs a regime change.
but then again I don,t miss it.
Wing was cool though I wish he would post here more.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:04 AM

thats great and all, but i still have a problem, and need help if anyone can provide it.

i checked again, and i am indeed getting low output from the alternator. so how do i fix this, i dont want to remove the pullies and i dont want to buy a new alternator unless i have too. any help??
Old 09-18-2003, 08:17 AM

Originally posted by lt1hatesme
thats great and all, but i still have a problem, and need help if anyone can provide it.

i checked again, and i am indeed getting low output from the alternator. so how do i fix this, i dont want to remove the pullies and i dont want to buy a new alternator unless i have too. any help??
Ditch the pulleys and get your alternator working like it is supposed to. These cars have a hard enough time putting out good voltage at idle without any "help" from underdrive pulleys. Low voltage causes problems from the computers to the fuel pump. IMO, pulleys are overrated for HP gain and frequently cause problems like you are experiencing. Your other choice is to shell out the bucks to get another alternator that will put out the voltage you need at the rpm you need it to.

Quick Reply: need emergency help please