LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

need HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 02:46 PM

need HELP!!!!!!!

alright, this is going to be long.

the other day, the car started to act up on me. i checked a couple of things, but the problem remained. it has gotten worse over the past couple of days

it is stumbling and acting like it is choking itself.(kind of like a misfire) also like it isn't firing when it should.
it has thrown an ses light and when it does, the fans kick in over gear and i can hear them going crazy. when i shut off the car and turn it on again, it's okay.

i went to autozone today to see what code it sent and they couldn't link to my pcm. an interesting fact also was that i had an obdII connector in a 1995 z28 that was made in march of 1995.

so far i have checked the wires, fuel injectors and plugs. the plugs were some what black around the edges, but not on the electrode. i expected that since our cars run rich stock. i can smell unburnt fuel in my open y-pipe.

i have and open y-pipe right now with my pacesetter long tubes that i installed about a month ago.

i think it could be the o2 sensors or the opti. with the scan today, i though a pcm trouble may be included in the mix. what do u guys think. sorry about the long read.