LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Need Help Asap!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 11:32 PM

Need Help Asap!!

Just got done doing OTVC wires and looms. removed the alt. belt and starter.

My old battery termail ****ed up so i had to get another one. Installed that went to start it up it would only run at about 500 rpms and when reved it would go up come back down and bog then the dash would flicker. So i'm like wtf.

I check everything make sure everything if connected write more the belt about a MM over on the power steering? ( one right below the alt.)

Now the car idles at 1200 rpms in park and back down to normal in D.

NOW the car has a very faint smoke coming out of the back ( looks whitish) and there is quite a bit of water coming out of were the cut out is at and doesnt appear to have any color to it. The smoke will show up after i let the car run for awhile.

Now what is the deal?? What could i have done while doing the wires to make it start doing this???

It didn't do it before i did the wires..
Old 11-07-2005, 12:04 AM

Re: Need Help Asap!!

Alright update..

Capped it and took it out rans fine If not stronger then before! * had 3 burnt wires before*

When i got back it wasn't smoking anymore but the exhaust still smells. I let it sit for awhile. Came back out started it, park it on the other side of the gararge and now there seems to be a little bit of smoke coming out. Saddly i cant remember if it smelled like that before or not.

And about the water i capped it before i took it out.. open headers at midnight near my house woulda been a no no... so i'm not sure if the water is sitll coming out but it was def. a little bit more water then i normally see..

Could it have been just because it been sitting for 6 hours and needed to warm up? Only thing is though that it isnt very cold outside..

Do yall think anything might still be wrong??

Last edited by 97BBlackZ; 11-07-2005 at 12:15 AM.