LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

NEED HELP ASAP w/running duals and Jet-Hot LT's

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:49 AM

NEED HELP ASAP w/running duals and Jet-Hot LT's

I know this is not directly related to the engine but this seems to be the only forum where i can get a quick enough response. Here is the problem, i am trying to run 2.5" duals after my Jet-Hot headers but it seems like the drivers side header is angled up towards the floor pan about 10* Does anyone else seem to have this problem with their Jet-Hots? This is making it hard to fab up my dual 2.5" system on the drivers side because the transmission cross brace seems to be in the way of where i need to run the 2.5" pipe on that side. My exhaust guy says he can try to trim the crossbrace a bit and flatten the 2.5" exhaust but it may not look pretty. Do they make another crossbrace that will replace the factory one and give me more clearance for the exhaust. Something like this but i dont think this will work with a stock A4:

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/x-memb...-Installed.jpg

I was planning on reducing from the 3" 3 bolt flange to a 2.5" pipe and running the duals around the outside of the tunnel brace that came with my Spohn torque arm, then bringing the drivers side pipe over to meet the pass side and run along the torque arm, then bringing up both pipes over the axle and out the back. The next question i have is, when most of you run your duals, did you run the drivers side pipe under the torque arm or what. I dont know how much clearance i have here and dont know how much the TA will flex after a hard launch. Im assuming not much since it is a heavy duty spohn TA. Here is a pic of something similar i am trying to go with (the first pic on this site):

http://community.webshots.com/album/233367529OABWkV

Also i was wondering if anyone knew what kind and size bullet style muffler was used in the above picture.

Please post your input because i have to go to college tonight and need to tell the guy what i want done by 5:00 PM Eastern time

Brandon