LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Need help with my LTCC! The instructions suck and im not that bright. Need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:53 PM

Need help with my LTCC! The instructions suck and im not that bright. Need advice.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I just got my Ltcc and I cant figure out the instructions, all I cant say is whoever wrote the instructions did not use enough details or any pictures to help out its customers If anyone can post some pictures of how they mounted the coils it would be a big help.I dont see how im going to set up all 8 coils because they all come with an individual ground per coil
Here are the pictures of the instructions:
Page1

Page2

Page3

Page4

Let me start off by telling you that im using an OBD1 PCM from a 1995 LT1, the car and harness are 1996 "OBD2" but, the 1996 harness was modified to use a coil from a 1995. Dont ask why it just came that way Here is a picture so you can see what im talking about.

THes are the wires and connectors I dont know what to do with

Old 06-06-2006, 12:24 AM

Re: Need help with my LTCC! The instructions suck and im not that bright. Need advice.

The 4 pin connector would go for your opti. Look on the passenger side of the intake manifold over by the purge solenoid and you will see that connector.

Coil mounting is where ever you want them. Some people put them on the firewall, some down below on the radiator support.

You *should* be able to tie all of the grounds together and maybe attach it to your ground strap or somewhere else that has a GOOD ground.

Last edited by whitehooptie; 06-06-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:53 AM

Re: Need help with my LTCC! The instructions suck and im not that bright. Need advice.

any idea on what to do with the yellow, white, and two pink wires?
Old 06-06-2006, 01:17 AM

Re: Need help with my LTCC! The instructions suck and im not that bright. Need advice

The instructions are thin, yes.

But the info is there.

The pinks get power, the same power that used to feed your stock coil.

The white wire connects to the white wire from the PCM that triggered the stock ignition module. Its on pin B, it may look somewhat yellow, as age does that to the stock white wires.

Coil up the yellow for now and tape it out of the way.

Connect the coil grounds to the engine. What brackets do you have?

Bob
Old 06-06-2006, 04:40 AM

I welded 1/4" thick drilled and tapped mounting brackets to the Valve covers and just bolted the coils down with 1/4 -20 cap screws. I made standoff spacers with some nylon tubing cut to proper length. I also use truck coils which plug in from the back which is a bit cleaner.

I mounted the LTCC box next to the relay box and ran the wire bundle along the fuel lines. I did have to extend the injector wires on #6 and #8 to get them to reach. All in all its a pretty clean install. Only down side is that I have to remove #2 and #4 coil to add oil. No biggie in my book.

Regards,
Steve
Old 06-06-2006, 07:25 AM

I can't advise you on your original question, but I would definitely eliminate those butt splice connectors ASAP or look for trouble later down the road.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:34 AM

Re: Need help with my LTCC! The instructions suck and im not that bright. Need advice

Originally Posted by TurboBob

But the info is there.

The white wire connects to the white wire from the PCM that triggered the stock ignition module. Its on pin B, it may look somewhat yellow, as age does that to the stock white wires.

Bob
im going to make my own.

Do you mean this white wire from the module??
Old 06-06-2006, 11:38 AM

Wink Re: Need help with my LTCC! The instructions suck and im not that bright. Need advice

Originally Posted by TurboBob

But the info is there.

Bob
DO you have any idea which wire (to get power for the pinks) it could be??? If you can see form my coil picture I have 6 choices to pick from. Or could you tell me how to determine which wire is the power wire. THanks. Dont want to look like im talking **** about your produce because I bought it and will love it but, like you said the instructions are thin and I was lost after the cover sheet
Old 06-06-2006, 01:19 PM

yes

Originally Posted by regorih inHous.

Do you mean this white wire from the module??
Old 06-06-2006, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by regorih inHous.
DO you have any idea which wire (to get power for the pinks) it could be??? If you can see form my coil picture I have 6 choices to pick from. Or could you tell me how to determine which wire is the power wire. THanks. Dont want to look like im talking **** about your produce because I bought it and will love it but, like you said the instructions are thin and I was lost after the cover sheet
pink with black tracer should be the one you want
Old 06-06-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dave89IROC
pink with black tracer should be the one you want
is there a way to test it to be shure?? what would I do with the black wire and the yellow with black tracer???
Old 06-06-2006, 10:12 PM

Hi Bob would you check your e-mail please, I am having trouble with mine and sent you an e-mail the day before yesterday asking for some advice, thanks.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:35 PM

Pink wire with the black tracer feeds the two pink wires coming out of the LTCC box for power. You can test it using a voltmeter while someone turns the key to the "On" position (it's a switched 12v)

The black wire and yellow with black tracer are not needed.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:43 PM

why is the ignition coil module needed after this???? If you have the LTCC do you still need the ICM?
Old 12-16-2006, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Highlander
why is the ignition coil module needed after this???? If you have the LTCC do you still need the ICM?
Nope